Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why was it stupid to like the post? Please don't let Goldbridge do your thinking for you and read what was actually said and what he actually liked. By liking the article Maguire is saying that he agrees with Ronaldo and that he doesn't like that they all took a 25% paycut. Goldbridge will have you thinking that Maguire liked that Ronaldo took a pay cut. That wasn't the case. Don't be a muppet. Think for yourself...
In the all is rosy in the world line of thinking, sure... But given the history, given the reason for that post in the first place, the context that the very same day the stories came out that he wanted to leave and part of the reason suggested was wages... Come on.

My line of thinking is Maguire is happy that Ronaldo is upset and wants to leave. And he's letting it spill onto social media. And given he was advised to unlike it... I'd bet I am correct in my line of thinking too.

MUFC OK

In the same way, Ronaldo was part of the dressing room last season, why can any player part of the squad that finished 6th kick off about lack of CL. They are all to blame.
Hence why that can't be a factor. It's purely because our transfer window has been a disaster and we haven't signed anyone to kick on next season.

Ronaldo will only be happy to stay if he thinks we can compete for the title. We'd clearly need 3 or 4 big signings to get remotely close.

Fanta Stick

Ronaldo wants to leave because we are shit, have no prospect of challenging for the title and aren't in the champions league. The rumours about salary reduction, his girlfriend's unhappiness in Manchester (which will hit the news in the coming days/week), captaincy dispute or anything else are excuses, in my opinion.
That's a separate discussion.

You didn't respond to my point that salary reductions for not CL qualifying are all accounted for in their contracts and they are all the same %.

It doesn't look good if the captain is seemingly disgruntled about it now given the season he had in particular. Seems he doesn't believe in consequences for poor performance.

I would personally get rid.

bosnian_red

He did NOT like a post referring to Ronaldo's wage cut. He liked a post referring to the entire teams wage cut. He agreed with Ronaldo. Stop being a Goldbridge muppet
The post literally says "Ronaldo is unhappy" and a picture of Ronaldo. Right after the news leaks that part of the reason he wants to leave allegedly is due to wages being slashed. Talk all last season of Maguire and Ronaldo not getting along at all. So what's closer to the truth, Maguire agrees with Ronaldo after an item that was pre set in everyone's contract, Maguire likes the fact that everyone is being cut wages, or Maguire likes that fact that Ronaldo is unhappy and is happy that Ronaldo wants to leave (whatever the reason)?

MUFC OK

That's a separate discussion.

You didn't respond to my point that salary reductions for not CL qualifying are all accounted for in their contracts and they are all the same %.

It doesn't look good if the captain is seemingly disgruntled about it now given the season he had in particular. Seems he doesn't believe in consequences for poor performance.

I would personally get rid.
Also not a factor. Like you said this was built into the contract and known by Ronaldo/his agents.

The only reason he wants to leave is he wants to win. If he doesn't feel we can do that next season then he'll be off. He will report for training tomorrow.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
You seem to know a lot about him and his opinions
Probably because (due to his following) you would have to live under a rock (as a United fan) to not know about his various agendas.

Half the the really toxic stuff posted on here could be mistaken for transcripts of his live reads.

If I was a United fan I would absolutely hate him, the AFTV guys at their worst had more charm than him.

Last edited:

JB7

It is built into their contracts as I am sure it is with most top teams that they get hit with a defined % salary deduction the season after failing to qualify for Champions League.

So how can any player legitimately kick off when it is imposed?
To be fair if I felt like I'd done a good job over the past year but the rest of my team were fecking hopeless and as a group we failed our objectives meaning we all got a 25% salary cut the following year I'd be fecking fuming and looking for a new job, regardless of what my contract said.

I don't mean this as any kind of defence of Ronaldo or his actions because there is clearly a lot more to it but I think putting yourself into those shoes most people would be unhappy.

Fanta Stick

Also not a factor. Like you said this was built into the contract and known by Ronaldo/his agents.

The only reason he wants to leave is he wants to win. If he doesn't feel we can do that next season then he'll be off. He will report for training tomorrow.
We are at cross purposes here. I am focused on Harry Maguire not Ronaldo.

We don't even know for sure what Ronaldo feels about the salary reduction, it's just reportage at this point and not confirmed. Probably never will be conformed.

But the fact that Maguire (the captain) has liked that post (whether or not it is based in fact) is suggestive that Maguire is expressing his dissatisfaction with the salary reduction. What kind of entitled message does that send? That he doesn't believe in negative consequences in life?

Btw, I believe Ronaldo made up his mind in April that he would be clearing off, and he is using lack of ambition as cover. Call me cynical!

Fanta Stick

To be fair if I felt like I'd done a good job over the past year but the rest of my team were fecking hopeless and as a group we failed our objectives meaning we all got a 25% salary cut the following year I'd be fecking fuming and looking for a new job, regardless of what my contract said.

I don't mean this as any kind of defence of Ronaldo or his actions because there is clearly a lot more to it but I think putting yourself into those shoes most people would be unhappy.
As I said in my previous post I am not commenting on Ronaldo's alleged reaction to the salary reduction.

I am talking about El Capitan Extraordinaire.

Fanta Stick

Does anyone think that the club has planted a false story in the press about Ronaldo's alleged displeasure with the salary reduction to turn fans against him after he has made it clear he wants to clear out?

Zippycup

Does anyone think that the club has planted a false story in the press about Ronaldo's alleged displeasure with the salary reduction to turn fans against him after he has made it clear he wants to clear out?
No. I don’t think so.
If anything, it would make the fans support Ronaldo’s decision a bit more. Everyone knows its nothing to do with money but all today with Ronaldo’s ego.

JB7

As I said in my previous post I am not commenting on Ronaldo's alleged reaction to the salary reduction.

I am talking about El Capitan Extraordinaire.
I think the reaction to Maguire allegedly accidentally (or even if it wasn't accidentally) liking an Instagram post is ridiculous frankly and has nothing whatsoever to do with his 22/23 performances.

I wouldn't expect any person in the world to be happy about taking a 25% pay cut. Footballers are paid on a scale generally similar to salespeople, they have a salary but also have bonuses that are related to performance, if they don't perform they don't get their various bonuses. When I was in sales if I'd missed a target and my boss told me that not only was I not getting my commission and bonuses, I was getting a 25% pay cut I'd have been fuming, regardless of whether I'd finished on 99% of my target or 2% of it. So I don't see an issue with any member of the squad being unhappy about it - just because something is in your contract you don't have to like it.

The difference is that none of the other players appear to be asking to leave. So they can be unhappy with a reduced salary but hopefully it will incentivise them further to do better next season and earn back that 25% for 23/24 as well as their other bonuses.

MUFC OK

We are at cross purposes here. I am focused on Harry Maguire not Ronaldo.

We don't even know for sure what Ronaldo feels about the salary reduction, it's just reportage at this point and not confirmed. Probably never will be conformed.

But the fact that Maguire (the captain) has liked that post (whether or not it is based in fact) is suggestive that Maguire is expressing his dissatisfaction with the salary reduction. What kind of entitled message does that send? That he doesn't believe in negative consequences in life?

Btw, I believe Ronaldo made up his mind in April that he would be clearing off, and he is using lack of ambition as cover. Call me cynical!
Right, got you. I ran out of words/thoughts for Maguire a long time ago. His performances last season were some of the worst I've seen from a united player in history.

I would have made it a priority to move him on as this is a huge issue for us when he's the club captain. The fact we gave him a six year contract, which runs until 2025 says everything about the decision making at our club. He's not going anywhere being on 300k/225k until then.

Fanta Stick

I think the reaction to Maguire allegedly accidentally (or even if it wasn't accidentally) liking an Instagram post is ridiculous frankly and has nothing whatsoever to do with his 22/23 performances.

I wouldn't expect any person in the world to be happy about taking a 25% pay cut. Footballers are paid on a scale generally similar to salespeople, they have a salary but also have bonuses that are related to performance, if they don't perform they don't get their various bonuses. When I was in sales if I'd missed a target and my boss told me that not only was I not getting my commission and bonuses, I was getting a 25% pay cut I'd have been fuming, regardless of whether I'd finished on 99% of my target or 2% of it. So I don't see an issue with any member of the squad being unhappy about it - just because something is in your contract you don't have to like it.

The difference is that none of the other players appear to be asking to leave. So they can be unhappy with a reduced salary but hopefully it will incentivise them further to do better next season and earn back that 25% for 23/24 as well as their other bonuses.
Of course he is not happy with the salary reduction. But you be a big boy and accept that as part and parcel of life as an elite sportsman when minimum targets aren't met. You signed the contract. You suck it up and don't get petulant on social media.

The club captain of all people!

The fact that they are now trying to put this out as some sort of slabhead fat fingers keyboard accident just boils my piss even more!

Fanta Stick

Right, got you. I ran out of words/thoughts for Maguire a long time ago. His performances last season were some of the worst I've seen from a united player in history.

I would have made it a priority to move him on as this is a huge issue for us when he's the club captain. The fact we gave him a six year contract, which runs until 2025 says everything about the decision making at our club. He's not going anywhere being on 300k/225k until then.
I legitimately can't stomach the thought of him leading the team out in August.

I believe he is a better footballer than he showed last year, but the man has very poor character, no leadership qualities. I try not to get personal but he is such a bland uninspiring human being. Hope ETH can make a change there somehow.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The post literally says "Ronaldo is unhappy" and a picture of Ronaldo. Right after the news leaks that part of the reason he wants to leave allegedly is due to wages being slashed. Talk all last season of Maguire and Ronaldo not getting along at all. So what's closer to the truth, Maguire agrees with Ronaldo after an item that was pre set in everyone's contract, Maguire likes the fact that everyone is being cut wages, or Maguire likes that fact that Ronaldo is unhappy and is happy that Ronaldo wants to leave (whatever the reason)?
Wow...talk about intellectual dishonesty. You are worse than the Sun. That is the equivelant of someone saying "Sadler said so and so is pretty" when Sadler really said "So and so is pretty awful". You just manipulated the report to suit your argument. What the report actually said is that "Ronaldo is reportedly unhappy because ALL THE PLAYERS wages were cut". It didn't say he's unhappy because his wages were cut and Maguire liked that out of spite like Goldbridge has tricked you into believing. He said that he is unhappy because all the players wages were cut. Maguire liked the post to agree that he doesn't like it either. My god, stop being a muppet and read what it actually says, not what GOldbridge told you...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
In the all is rosy in the world line of thinking, sure... But given the history, given the reason for that post in the first place, the context that the very same day the stories came out that he wanted to leave and part of the reason suggested was wages... Come on.

My line of thinking is Maguire is happy that Ronaldo is upset and wants to leave. And he's letting it spill onto social media. And given he was advised to unlike it... I'd bet I am correct in my line of thinking too.
Another GOldbridge muppet. Our fanbase has become so toxic and it's mostly his fault

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It is built into their contracts as I am sure it is with most top teams that they get hit with a defined % salary deduction the season after failing to qualify for Champions League.

So how can any player legitimately kick off when it is imposed?
When did I say anything about "kicking off". All I said is that Maguire agreed with Ronaldo that he isn't happy about it. Not that they are trying to fight it or anything along those lines

JB7

Of course he is not happy with the salary reduction. But you be a big boy and accept that as part and parcel of life as an elite sportsman when minimum targets aren't met. You signed the contract. You suck it up and don't get petulant on social media.

The club captain of all people!

The fact that they are now trying to put this out as some sort of slabhead fat fingers keyboard accident just boils my piss even more!
I just find the social media stuff nonsense in general. Whenever the players post something it's "oh it's just a PR post from a rep" but whenever there is an incident like this - which lets be honest could be anyone who has access to his account - it's definitely the player who has fecked up. And I'm sure it probably was, just find it funny. And let's be fair he most likely immediately unliked it as quickly as they'd liked it but all it takes is one screenshot and a mistake becomes someone undermining the club or being petty etc. I probably like multiple posts a week I don't mean to and immediately unlike them, but I don't have millions of followers so get away with it.

The phrase "storm in a teacup" was made for shite like this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They are reporting it because people are talking about it. And the people who are talking about it are Goldberg muppets
Yeah sure.
People are talking about it because it's on social media and in public. People were also talking about De Jong liking Malacia Instagram post yesterday, are they Goldberg muppets too?
Fact remains its in the public domain and that is Magiures fault alone

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This should be the thing that Ten Hag uses to strip him of the captaincy. I say should, he won’t because who else is there to give it to?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I will skip over the part about mind reading, but this is irrelevant.
Either he agrees with Ronaldo and so is disagreeing with the club, or he is doing what Goldbridge said. Neither is good, and neither should be done in public
He agrees with Ronaldo that he doesn't like that all the players have had salary cuts. I wouldn't like it either. Would you? He doesn't "like that Ronaldo has had his wages cut" like the muppets here will have you think.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He agrees with Ronaldo that he doesn't like that all the players have had salary cuts. I wouldn't like it either. Would you? He doesn't "like that Ronaldo has had his wages cut" like the muppets here will have you think.
Again totally irrelevant, I have no idea why he liked the post and for what reason, I am not a mind reader, but again it's totally irrelevant. He has made it a talking point.

NewYorkRed

He should be sold asap. Proper crap footballer and an idiot off the pitch too. He embodies the utter shite we have become on the field. Can’t wait till this joker gets benched for the kid from Argentina.

James35

Can’t stand this guy on and off the pitch. Look forward to the day he goes, although that will be a long time no doubt.

bosnian_red

Wow...talk about intellectual dishonesty. You are worse than the Sun. That is the equivelant of someone saying "Sadler said so and so is pretty" when Sadler really said "So and so is pretty awful". You just manipulated the report to suit your argument. What the report actually said is that "Ronaldo is reportedly unhappy because ALL THE PLAYERS wages were cut". It didn't say he's unhappy because his wages were cut and Maguire liked that out of spite like Goldbridge has tricked you into believing. He said that he is unhappy because all the players wages were cut. Maguire liked the post to agree that he doesn't like it either. My god, stop being a muppet and read what it actually says, not what GOldbridge told you...
I don't know why you keep referring to Goldbridge. What does he have to do with anything :lol:
Your head is in the sky if you think that Maguire liking that is "because he's unhappy that they all got wages cut" and that he agrees with Ronaldo. That's in their contract. They know about it. They agreed to it. This is like Bailly commenting on random Maguire posts last year. They don't get along. They are childish. They are letting their disputes trickle into social media. That's the #1 issue. Its ok if you don't get along, but you need to work together and get over your issues. If they bring them back up, then they should get kicked out.

Take the post however you want, but that's how I read it and I'm pretty confident on my interpretation of it. I'm optimistic about the season, but shit like this is what can disrupt the season so it needs to be stamped out however possible.

Lentwood

Once again, the mental gymnastics some posters will undertake to absolve Ronaldo of any criticism and also to blame Maguire for anything and everything that goes wrong are staggering.

Lest we forget, one of the men in question has just tried to force his way out of the club for a second time by not turning up to training. This after previously going home when being left out of the Derby and claiming the club treated him 'like a slave'.

The other man possibly liked/accidentally liked an Instagram post.

Which one gets more flak on RedCafe? Of course it's the latter.

Adamsk7

I agree that I took it as him not liking that the players had a salary cut in general. IMO that's actually worse because he was the fecking Captain of the club and was a big part of why the team didn't reach a top four position to retain their full salaries, which they all knew about when signing the contracts. Absolute joke of a man with no backbone.

Fanta Stick

When did I say anything about "kicking off". All I said is that Maguire agreed with Ronaldo that he isn't happy about it. Not that they are trying to fight it or anything along those lines
I am 100% sure none of the players are happy about it. But it is in all their contracts so they all need to shut the f up and suck it up!

You don't seem to have a problem with the club captain seemingly bellyaching that the players have to suffer some financial consequences when they don't meet a minimum standard.

All this coming at a time when millions of people are suffering real financial pain.

I don't understand how some people don't get it.

Now the pr**k is trying to put it about that it was all a big accident. Never takes responsibility. No accountability.

Can't wait to see our Captain Marvel lead us into battle next season.

Think I will leave this thread for now. :lol:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Again totally irrelevant, I have no idea why he liked the post and for what reason, I am not a mind reader, but again it's totally irrelevant. He has made it a talking point.
He didn't make a talking point. GOldbridge over reacted and his muppets made it a talking point

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I am 100% sure none of the players are happy about it. But it is in all their contracts so they all need to shut the f up and suck it up!

You don't seem to have a problem with the club captain seemingly bellyaching that the players have to suffer some financial consequences when they don't meet a minimum standard.

All this coming at a time when millions of people are suffering real financial pain.

I don't understand how some people don't get it.

Now the pr**k is trying to put it about that it was all a big accident. Never takes responsibility. No accountability.

Can't wait to see our Captain Marvel lead us into battle next season.

Think I will leave this thread for now. :lol:
OMFG Ronaldo is the one who said it. Maguire merely agreed with him, yet Maguire makes the news for it?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He did NOT like a post about Ronaldo's wages. He liked a post that said Ronaldo isn't happy that all of his team mates took a wage cut. Not that Ronaldo took a pay cut. This was not a shot at Ronaldo. This was Maguire agreeing with Ronaldo that he doesn't like it either. Who would? Would you like a 25% pay cut? Of course not...
There is a thing called contractual obligations. If it's stipulated that the players have to take a wage cut if they don't qualify for the CL then they don't have a leg to stand on. Or is breaking contracts the new way to go?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I agree that I took it as him not liking that the players had a salary cut in general. IMO that's actually worse because he was the fecking Captain of the club and was a big part of why the team didn't reach a top four position to retain their full salaries, which they all knew about when signing the contracts. Absolute joke of a man with no backbone.
He didn't like it. Who would. Amazing though how Maguire merely agreed with Ronaldo yet he's the one making headlines, not the one who is reportedly unhappy about it. ARe you seeing the agenda yet/

Adamsk7

Once again, the mental gymnastics some posters will undertake to absolve Ronaldo of any criticism and also to blame Maguire for anything and everything that goes wrong are staggering.

Lest we forget, one of the men in question has just tried to force his way out of the club for a second time by not turning up to training. This after previously going home when being left out of the Derby and claiming the club treated him 'like a slave'.

The other man possibly liked/accidentally liked an Instagram post.

Which one gets more flak on RedCafe? Of course it's the latter.
Ronaldo is just being Ronaldo though. This is why he is continually as successful as he is. He doesn't tolerate mediocrity. Yes, everything he does is about him and he is VERY selfish. Those are not traits I like in a person but nobody can deny it works for him. He will see this season as a blip and go somewhere he can win something again, whether that's Bayern, back to Madrid or PSG.
The talk that he's doing it as a signal to the Glazers or some tripe is bonkers. He probably thinks he made a massive mistake coming here instead of City - and you know what? he'd be right. He'd likely have another Premier League and possibly even a CL title.
All of this is very cold of course but that's exactly what he is.

Fanta Stick

I just find the social media stuff nonsense in general. Whenever the players post something it's "oh it's just a PR post from a rep" but whenever there is an incident like this - which lets be honest could be anyone who has access to his account - it's definitely the player who has fecked up. And I'm sure it probably was, just find it funny. And let's be fair he most likely immediately unliked it as quickly as they'd liked it but all it takes is one screenshot and a mistake becomes someone undermining the club or being petty etc. I probably like multiple posts a week I don't mean to and immediately unlike them, but I don't have millions of followers so get away with it.

The phrase "storm in a teacup" was made for shite like this.
Yeah, probably all forgotten about this time tomorrow.

But it's just another example of the questionable character of some of our players and how seemingly innocuous things have been allowed to slip at this club.

All the other top clubs seem to have a firm grip on their players and staff when it comes to their social media accounts.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't know why you keep referring to Goldbridge. What does he have to do with anything :lol:
Your head is in the sky if you think that Maguire liking that is "because he's unhappy that they all got wages cut" and that he agrees with Ronaldo. That's in their contract. They know about it. They agreed to it. This is like Bailly commenting on random Maguire posts last year. They don't get along. They are childish. They are letting their disputes trickle into social media. That's the #1 issue. Its ok if you don't get along, but you need to work together and get over your issues. If they bring them back up, then they should get kicked out.

Take the post however you want, but that's how I read it and I'm pretty confident on my interpretation of it. I'm optimistic about the season, but shit like this is what can disrupt the season so it needs to be stamped out however possible.
And you are actually giong to pretend that you aren't a Goldbridge muppet while basically repeating what he's saying word for word. Nice try muppet

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
There is a thing called contractual obligations. If it's stipulated that the players have to take a wage cut if they don't qualify for the CL then they don't have a leg to stand on. Or is breaking contracts the new way to go?
Thanks captain obvious. Again, it doesn't mean the players have to like it. They certainly have to accept it though. Funny though how Ronaldo is the one who is reportedly unhappy about it and all Maguire did was agree with him, yet Maguire is the one making the headlines. Are you seeing the agenda yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.