Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Once again, the mental gymnastics some posters will undertake to absolve Ronaldo of any criticism and also to blame Maguire for anything and everything that goes wrong are staggering.

Lest we forget, one of the men in question has just tried to force his way out of the club for a second time by not turning up to training. This after previously going home when being left out of the Derby and claiming the club treated him 'like a slave'.

The other man possibly liked/accidentally liked an Instagram post.

Which one gets more flak on RedCafe? Of course it's the latter.
Ronaldo is getting his criticism too. Ronaldo also isn't captain. Ronaldo also possibly won't be here next season. He's also known to always been 100% about himself. He also has a shit ton of goodwill with the club due to his previous years here and all the success he was key to. So yeah. Maguire is going to be here and should be stepping up after his shit show of the previous years, is captain, yet is acting childish and blaming everyone but himself for his problems.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
My god people.....Ronaldo is reportedly unhappy that the players got a 25% wage cut yet Maguire is the one making the headlines just because he agreed with Ronaldo? Are you seeing the agenda yet?

Morpheus 7

People in here playing it down at usual, he's the current captain of the club. There has been leaks all season about them not getting on. It's not a simple mistake, if it was, wouldn't be up for a few hours. A captain is suppose to lead and unite a team. He just evades responsibility and blames, no leadership on or off the pitch. He's a disgrace, if any other captain of a big club done this he would be called out.

ETH will find out the hard way if he plays regular this season, good luck getting him to play out from the back. He's not good enough to start for United never mind being the captain, he's a joke and a constant embarrassment for us. Can't blame rival fans, he's a clown.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Worst captain and one of the worst players we've ever had.

Hopefully ETH can see through this fraud.

bosnian_red

And you are actually giong to pretend that you aren't a Goldbridge muppet while basically repeating what he's saying word for word. Nice try muppet
I feel like you just discovered the term Goldbridge Muppet so just want to repeat it every 2 seconds.

And no I've never watched his stuff, why would I be interested in a random supporter speaking nonsense for followers? I'll follow people who actually have real information to give.

Are you Maguire's dad or something? Why are you so upset that people are criticizing him? Genuine question. He deserves criticism, and doesn't act like club captain, and constantly makes excuses for his bad form. Sure there's an agenda from some because of his fee, but ignoring the fee, he has just been a bad centerback for a while now, and has been an idiot off the pitch for a while now too (incident last summer, constant unrest during the season, bringing this talking point back into light after things being calm and positive the past month). Maguire, regardless of anyone else, needs to sort himself out, on and off the pitch, otherwise he'll be benched or out of the club before long.

Lentwood

Fixed that for you
You must be new here or absolute stark raving bonkers...you think Maguire gets an easy time on here?

I'm pretty sure we've a fair chunk of posters blame him for our relegation in the 70s

EDIT | in fact, this isn't even about 'defending' Maguire....Ronaldo's behaviour has been self-centred and petulant since he returned. I'll be glad to see him gone.

bosnian_red

My god people.....Ronaldo is reportedly unhappy that the players got a 25% wage cut yet Maguire is the one making the headlines just because he agreed with Ronaldo? Are you seeing the agenda yet?
Let me spell it out for you:
  1. Ronaldo probably won't be here. Who gives a feck what his reasons are.
  2. Maguire will be here. Maguire is captain. Him showing dissent against the club contract that he agreed to (in your scenario) is a source of disruption from a player who will still be here. A player who has a lot of criticism after his shit performances and being an undeserving captain.
You are beyond deluded if you can't understand why he's getting shit on.

copen1945

I am sure this 'like'-gate is a nothing burger story. When the preseason and football start, this will blow over.

Lentwood

Ronaldo is getting his criticism too. Ronaldo also isn't captain. Ronaldo also possibly won't be here next season. He's also known to always been 100% about himself. He also has a shit ton of goodwill with the club due to his previous years here and all the success he was key to. So yeah. Maguire is going to be here and should be stepping up after his shit show of the previous years, is captain, yet is acting childish and blaming everyone but himself for his problems.
Just a question...and please answer honestly....

What would you have said if Maguire had gone home after not being selected for the Derby?

Kag

The whole ‘I accidentally liked this on Insta’ thing is seriously pathetic. Whether or not he is right about Ronaldo (he is), this sort of nonsense shouldn’t be happening and he’s undermined the new manager within less than a week of returning. Arsewipe.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He didn't make a talking point. GOldbridge over reacted and his muppets made it a talking point
No the mistake you are making is assuming Goldbrige was the one who caused it to get picked up

bosnian_red

Just a question...and please answer honestly....

What would you have said if Maguire had gone home after not being selected for the Derby?
The same as I am saying for Ronaldo. I don't want either at the club next season because I don't think they are committed to Manchester United as a football club, working together to get past any issues and be as good of a team as we can. Ronaldo has a lot more lee-way so he won't get "hate" for it (it really shouldn't need explaining why he gets more lee way), but i still think we're better off getting rid of him. I don't think Ronaldo's attacking qualities are a net positive over all the negatives that come having him at this point in his career, and I don't think he suits Ten Hag. I also don't think it makes sense having a 37 year old poacher that "has to play" affect the system ETH wants to implement during a rebuild.

With Maguire, if he did that, it would be funny because he plays like shit most games, has done feck all in his career, and is club captain. So if he did that, he would rightly get a feck ton of abuse and get hounded out of the club. Being one of the top 2 or 5 greatest players of all time has its benefits.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Thanks captain obvious. Again, it doesn't mean the players have to like it. They certainly have to accept it though. Funny though how Ronaldo is the one who is reportedly unhappy about it and all Maguire did was agree with him, yet Maguire is the one making the headlines. Are you seeing the agenda yet???
The point is why is Maguire sticking his nose into clickbait articles in the first place especially when he doesn't have a leg to stand on? Which was my point on contractual obligations. Maguires elevator obviously doesn't go all the way to the top but as (hopefully just for the present time) the clubs captain why give supporters/ journalists more ammunition to attack him which they have a right to do the way the story has been spun. You may be right in your assessment of what happened but you can see just by this thread that Maguire has left himself open to attack as people will spin the story to their way of thinking. You think you're right, they think they're right when it simply could of been avoided by not liking anything.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I feel like you just discovered the term Goldbridge Muppet so just want to repeat it every 2 seconds.

And no I've never watched his stuff, why would I be interested in a random supporter speaking nonsense for followers? I'll follow people who actually have real information to give.

Are you Maguire's dad or something? Why are you so upset that people are criticizing him? Genuine question. He deserves criticism, and doesn't act like club captain, and constantly makes excuses for his bad form. Sure there's an agenda from some because of his fee, but ignoring the fee, he has just been a bad centerback for a while now, and has been an idiot off the pitch for a while now too (incident last summer, constant unrest during the season, bringing this talking point back into light after things being calm and positive the past month). Maguire, regardless of anyone else, needs to sort himself out, on and off the pitch, otherwise he'll be benched or out of the club before long.
You are a liar :lol: :lol: :lol:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The point is why is Maguire sticking his nose into clickbait articles in the first place especially when he doesn't have a leg to stand on? Which was my point on contractual obligations. Maguires elevator obviously doesn't go all the way to the top but as (hopefully just for the present time) the clubs captain why give supporters/ journalists more ammunition to attack him which they have a right to do the way the story has been spun. You may be right in your assessment of what happened but you can see just by this thread that Maguire has left himself open to attack as people will spin the story to their way of thinking. You think you're right, they think they're right when it simply could of been avoided by not liking anything.
Imagine being such a muppet that seeing someone click like on an article is going to trigger you. Sorry, let me change that. Imagine being such a muppet that Goldbridge seeing someone clicked like on an article is going to trigger you. Sorry, let me change that again. Imagine being such a muppet that you get triggered by someone agreeing with something someone else said but you don't get mad at the person who said it? See the agenda yet? Muppet

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Let me spell it out for you:
  1. Ronaldo probably won't be here. Who gives a feck what his reasons are.
  2. Maguire will be here. Maguire is captain. Him showing dissent against the club contract that he agreed to (in your scenario) is a source of disruption from a player who will still be here. A player who has a lot of criticism after his shit performances and being an undeserving captain.
You are beyond deluded if you can't understand why he's getting shit on.
How did he show dissent? So are you saying that if an employee doesn't like something their employee does that means they are showing dissent? Really? I haven't liked lots of things past employers have done. Doesn't mean I didn't go along with it. You can't force people to be happy with every decision made

And he is getting shit on because people literally look for reasons to shit on him. If you can't see that, then you are indeed a muppet

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Imagine being such a muppet that seeing someone click like on an article is going to trigger you. Sorry, let me change that. Imagine being such a muppet that Goldbridge seeing someone clicked like on an article is going to trigger you. Sorry, let me change that again. Imagine being such a muppet that you get triggered by someone agreeing with something someone else said but you don't get mad at the person who said it? See the agenda yet? Muppet
You need to tone yourself down and take yourself away from this thread for a few days before the mods rightfully take action against you.

Vapor trail

The forum can be odd at times if it was Rashford, Lingard or Pogba doing the same the moods towards these threads would be far more sinister.

Maguire is one of the key culprits for why he and his colleagues are experiencing having a portion of their income reduced. Harry is also the prime candidate for the worst player of the season last year. Considering these aspects it's a silly decision to make such a gesture on a public platform knowing that a reaction is to be anticipated from the fans.

city-puma

The same as I am saying for Ronaldo. I don't want either at the club next season because I don't think they are committed to Manchester United as a football club, working together to get past any issues and be as good of a team as we can. Ronaldo has a lot more lee-way so he won't get "hate" for it (it really shouldn't need explaining why he gets more lee way), but i still think we're better off getting rid of him. I don't think Ronaldo's attacking qualities are a net positive over all the negatives that come having him at this point in his career, and I don't think he suits Ten Hag. I also don't think it makes sense having a 37 year old poacher that "has to play" affect the system ETH wants to implement during a rebuild.

With Maguire, if he did that, it would be funny because he plays like shit most games, has done feck all in his career, and is club captain. So if he did that, he would rightly get a feck ton of abuse and get hounded out of the club. Being one of the top 2 or 5 greatest players of all time has its benefits.
You think Maguire is a shit player and has bad character. I get it but I don’t agree even a bit. You need to understand a lot don’t share your view. It’s nothing wrong to have your own opinion but you sound extremely angry now. Again, I don’t agree your view at all.

taxjunkie

Is it how people understand it??? I think Maguire "liked" the tweet to show that he has had enough of Ronaldo's selfishness.

studs

How did he show dissent? So are you saying that if an employee doesn't like something their employee does that means they are showing dissent? Really? I haven't liked lots of things past employers have done. Doesn't mean I didn't go along with it. You can't force people to be happy with every decision made

And he is getting shit on because people literally look for reasons to shit on him. If you can't see that, then you are indeed a muppet
You would want to stop calling people muppets.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
People in here playing it down at usual, he's the current captain of the club. There has been leaks all season about them not getting on. It's not a simple mistake, if it was, wouldn't be up for a few hours. A captain is suppose to lead and unite a team. He just evades responsibility and blames, no leadership on or off the pitch. He's a disgrace, if any other captain of a big club done this he would be called out.

ETH will find out the hard way if he plays regular this season, good luck getting him to play out from the back. He's not good enough to start for United never mind being the captain, he's a joke and a constant embarrassment for us. Can't blame rival fans, he's a clown.
Jeezus christ, he showed the season before this one and the one before he's more than capable, but obviously it wasn't always easy to play in a shit system with Fred as the only midfielder. He is more than capable drive with the ball forward and paly under pressure he showed that and he's got skills for that.

You will be in shock when we start playing in an organized system and Harry will be the first name on the team sheet next to someone like Lissandro Martinez/Varane when fit again..

With the captaincy however, I also think he should have done better, unfortunately there was noone in the team who looked anywhere more ready than him. Perhaps Bruno later on but his form went to absolute shit after the initial purple patch so he we shouldn't really make a captain someone who is so inconsistent and shouldn't be staring based on his last season and a half performances, either.

What we can do isto recruit and promote better so new leaders emerge and we can have at least to choose from.

Andersonson

If there is/are natural leaders in the team that's one thing, because most people look to someone to follow, whether said person is an official leader, or natural leader, but who is a natural leader amongst this current United squad?
How would we know? Its pure speculation and childish

Vapor trail

First and foremost I disagree with any posts that insult a player and anything that is personal attack with no relevance to an objective view but I don't see how anyone can side with Maguire in these instances.

If an employee signs a contract that signifies for them to send 5 emails per day explaining that a discrepancy will void their PAYE sub total. 5 emails over the week day period is 100 email monthly. If the employee then manages to send 94 emails at the end of the calender month they see that their pay is reflective of their input, does the employee have any ground to stand on when it was stipulated from the beginning that their performance effects the result of their income ?

The issue with Maguire is the way he conducts himself on field he appears to be a type of character who absolves himself of blame. This is not a leadership quality which is disastrous considering he is the club captain. I'm sure there's an interview with Maguire when the interviewer questions the defensive record and Harry proceeds to then blame the attacking players for not closing out games.

As stated I do not condone nor support posts and mindsets that are insulting and disruptive but fan perception is bad towards Maguire because of his ability as a footballer. During his breakout season he was said by many on here to be one of the best defenders in the league. This agenda (away from personal insults) only came about when his performances dropped significantly.

FriedClams

Out for a throw in with with his 50 pence head
steps out the backline leaves his teammates for dead
hes very slow
hes got to go
Goodness Gracious, Harry Maguire!

Lyng

You must be new here or absolute stark raving bonkers...you think Maguire gets an easy time on here?

I'm pretty sure we've a fair chunk of posters blame him for our relegation in the 70s

EDIT | in fact, this isn't even about 'defending' Maguire....Ronaldo's behaviour has been self-centred and petulant since he returned. I'll be glad to see him gone.
The lengths some people go to to defend Harry is mad yes. It's always everyone else fault.
Fact is he has AGAIN added unnecessary noise to the club in a time where we really don't need that.
Much like Ronaldo.
Both should go.

big rons sovereign

I wouldn't give a shit if both were fired off this summer.
Ronaldo wants to go anyway and Maguire, well we could play a half eaten KitKat in his place and probably concede 20 less goals.

Herman Toothrot

You all getting hysterical about someone liking a post on social media? Keep your knickers on.

OL29

He’s been doing this since last season, he called me a liar for saying I don’t watch Goldbridge just because I said Maguire’s lack of speed makes it difficult to play a high line :lol:

bosnian_red

You don't have to be happy, but you keep it private. Once you being it public, it is literally showing dissent against your employers. That is basic knowledge.

bosnian_red

You think Maguire is a shit player and has bad character. I get it but I don’t agree even a bit. You need to understand a lot don’t share your view. It’s nothing wrong to have your own opinion but you sound extremely angry now. Again, I don’t agree your view at all.
I don't think he's shit, I think he is a lot better than he has played and he should improve (don't think he is someone worth building around generally but anyway, different topic). But if he is bringing back last season's problems off the pitch into this season, than I don't want him here. Fair? I'm not angry, I'm just saying it like it is. This should be a clean break into this season with everyone committed to work as a TEAM. Put aside all personal spats that happened last season. Not leak things in the media. Not post or do stupid shit on social media. Focus on just being the best for Man United. Anyone who isn't committed to doing that, or anyone who can't seem to get over previous issues, can feck off as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think Maguire has a bad character, I don't know the guy and there hasn't been a whole lot. Obviously there was the drunken bar fight which isn't great, and this is just childish petulance IMO, but generally, my point refers to any player at the club.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You don't have to be happy, but you keep it private. Once you being it public, it is literally showing dissent against your employers. That is basic knowledge.
I can't understand why he finds this basic concept difficult to get his head around.

Status
Not open for further replies.