Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So let me get this straight, Maguire hasn't said anything himself, yet he is definitely to blame for this, and should be apologising for something he probably knew nothing about?

All that whilst on international duty having to see multiple armchair managers send vitriol online about him starting.

Is that about right?

If so, he's playing pretty well for someone having to carry all that.
You really believe that someone close to him made those leaks without Maguire knowledge?

little.triangles

Think it was just like Southgate instructed him.

At least he was somewhat positionally correct. No big deal, but there was no bigger panic.
He showed exactly why he isn't going to be starting for United, possibly never again barring injury to other players.

Always needing multiple touches of the ball. Passing to the CB or FB, never looking up for a pass through the lines. A perfect player for Southgate's ponderous style and wholly unsuited to EtH.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He showed exactly why he isn't going to be starting for United, possibly never again barring injury to other players.

Always needing multiple touches of the ball. Passing to the CB or FB, never looking up for a pass through the lines. A perfect player for Southgate's ponderous style and wholly unsuited to EtH.
Sure, but at least he wasn't clowning and he could be on the bench till someone make that offer for him.

He probably got time till the end of this season to show something for United.

redshaw

Thought he was quite poor in a fairly uneventful game. He had three major errors typical of what see at United, first few minutes Scamacca out fought him very easily to get a header on goal at close range.

Second half Maguire lost his man high up the pitch, we ended up 3vs2 and Maguire was not getting back but an offside developed which got him off the hook. The Italian was well gone and free before the offside.

Another time think it was Barella again ran past him and all Harry could do was wrestle him to the ground with outstretched arms like we see often for Untied. He's just got no pace at all and clumsy.

For most of the match he was pretty much out on the left of a back three and often just a passing outlet staying out of trouble and carrying the ball but the few times he was remotely central he was caught badly.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Whenever an agent/friend/relative says something about the player in question, 99% of the cases it's with said player's approval. The 1% is for when the player actually knows nothing about it, in which case he immediately takes the time to distance himself from their words.
Also, with Maguire there is way too much evidence of his bitterness and lack of self reflection, so hardly surprising.

We've been through the same thing with Pogba. Raiola shitting on United every other week, when it was Pogba himself providing the script.
:lol::lol:
Are you for real?

A 'source' could be anyone, could be his fecking barber, his personal trainer, his fecking gardener.

The truth is we don't know, and why should Maguire pander to the masses by claiming it's not true, the only thing that matters is what he says to the team.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You really believe that someone close to him made those leaks without Maguire knowledge?
You really believe someone close to Maguire phoned him up and asked his permission to say these things?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
:lol::lol:
Are you for real?

A 'source' could be anyone, could be his fecking barber, his personal trainer, his fecking gardener.

The truth is we don't know, and why should Maguire pander to the masses by claiming it's not true, the only thing that matters is what he says to the team.
I would agree with you, but as club captain I think there is much more of an expectation that you say nonsense is nonsense rather than keeping quiet.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
How did he play?
He actually looked ok, but England play three central defenders, two wide full backs, and one defensive midfielder, and a deep lying midfielder, he has plenty of support around him. He got caught badly on the turn, and manhandled the Italian over, giving away a dangerous free kick once.
He did get forward several times, and passed the ball reasonably well, but sometimes he slows everything down too much.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I hope he and his buddies in the media enjoy watching united with him sat on the bench for most part of our season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You really believe someone close to Maguire phoned him up and asked his permission to say these things?
Look at the history of Ogden's reporting on Maguire - he's clearly got access.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I hope he and his buddies in the media enjoy watching united with him sat on the bench for most part of our season.
We're playing 9 times next month. I suspect that's at best him starting 4 times, more if there are injuries to Varane/Martinez.

Greck

He actually looked ok, but England play three central defenders, two wide full backs, and one defensive midfielder, and a deep lying midfielder, he has plenty of support around him. He got caught badly on the turn, and manhandled the Italian over, giving away a dangerous free kick once.
He did get forward several times, and passed the ball reasonably well, but sometimes he slows everything down too much.
I don't even doubt he might have looked decent starting the last 4-6 games for us but we need players that don't need the right support set up, formation and temperature just to not capitulate the gameplan. The way his defensive partners shouldered blame for his deficiencies for a whole year couldn't have helped their United career. Ok, that and also being shite.

Grande

Whenever an agent/friend/relative says something about the player in question, 99% of the cases it's with said player's approval. The 1% is for when the player actually knows nothing about it, in which case he immediately takes the time to distance himself from their words.
Also, with Maguire there is way too much evidence of his bitterness and lack of self reflection, so hardly surprising.

We've been through the same thing with Pogba. Raiola shitting on United every other week, when it was Pogba himself providing the script.
I’m curious about your statistics. You made it up, I understand that much, but based on what? I know a few journalists and sports journalists, and with any practical knowledge at all, it is impossible to believe in what you just claimed as a fact. On the contrary, the majority of anonymous quotes comes from people who want to be anonymous because they talk about people who probably wouldn’t want them to talk. Journalists ask thousands of questions to hundreds of people, rather opportunistically sometimes, and sometimes someone will talk. Sometimes, certainly, it is with the persons knowledge as well, but the opposite is far mor common.

Comparing an anonymous source with a players employed official mouthpiece is completely far fetched.

Red00012

The hatred on here for a Man Utd player is just plain weird to be honest.
Bordering on obsessive
Strange bunch of “fans” on here

Jericho

He has a bad habit of charging forward with the ball without any idea what he’s going to do with the ball when he gets there.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Bordering on obsessive
Why do posts like this still keep popping up? It's not as if it's a recent phenomenon or anything.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So we should never believe in tweets anymore, eh :drool:. Even with direct quotes from a "source".

hobbers

The great thing is that it doesnt matter how many puff pieces his PR team pay for. Or how many pipe up with excuses or trying to deflect blame on De Gea. ETH isn't Ole or Southgate, he's not getting picked over better players. And the fans aren't going to change their opinion of him. He's just deadweight at the club now.

AlPistacho

But hes referring to what some people say who are idiots. And hes right. There are some bellends that go over the top in hating Maguire.
“If you're doing well in training, who's some little idiot sat on Twitter that’s going to tell you that you shouldn't be starting a game”

He literally says nothing about the people hating on Maguire or directing personal abuse and specifies people who voice a footballing opinion that Maguire should not be starting; an opinion that has been vindicated by the way.

Tap

Just as I thought, he’s kicking off now he’s been deselected. Until we can get a fair price somehow, he’s going to be toxic from here on in. Brace yourselves it’s going to be a messy divorce. Cheers Ole.
Ole has done the most damage to the club among the managers since 2013. Tactics, fitness, discipline, mentality, culture, market transfers…all were dire under his regime.

Regarding maguire, he’s evolving to be an even bigger circus than Pogba who is way more talented and has contributed more. I hope harry doesn’t f up even more at the world cup so we have a decent chance of selling him at a reduced loss.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They didn't win any of the 3 and lost 4-0 to Hungary :lol: :lol: :lol: The self delusion is too real with this guy

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They didn't win any of the 3 and lost 4-0 to Hungary :lol: :lol: :lol: The self delusion is too real with this guy
Hard to believe that the quotes from this guy and Rice are real. I don't think Maguire got any mirrors at home.

little.triangles

Sure, but at least he wasn't clowning and he could be on the bench till someone make that offer for him.

He probably got time till the end of this season to show something for United.
Ability on the ball and changing his slow style is going to be hard enough, but the real issue with him is attitude. He has a very fragile, insecure ego as illustrated by his post match comments and the leaks he made/facilitated. He thinks everything about him is just okay and he can't see why the clamour has existed among a large proportion of United fans for him to be replaced not only as captain but also as a starting CB at the club.

Waiting for the day he is sold for a younger, more aggressive CB. Let England die on the Maguire hill, not United.

Last edited:

Tap

Bordering on obsessive
Maguire gives the critics plenty of justified ammo with his tone deaf interviews and on field performances where not having a hilarious feck up is already considered a decent performance.

jameyzane

The cheek to talk like that considering England are winless in 5. Absolutely up his own ass and laughably so. The leaks appear true. Some players have very misplaced arrogance and this guy takes the lead.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bordering on obsessive
It’s weird isn’t it?

I get that he isn’t good enough - but it’s like some people have dreams and nightmares about this guy and all they do is speak about him every chance they get.

I find it a bit scary.

I mentioned it in the Van De Beek thread. The guy can’t play a single game of Maguire’s ability - yet all he gets is 3 posts a day and Maguire gets 200.

Madness and cringe the obsession with this guy. The same fans were doing it with Rashford during the summer and it has suddenly shat back at their face so they have to shut up.

little.triangles

It’s weird isn’t it?

I get that he isn’t good enough - but it’s like some people have dreams and nightmares about this guy and all they do is speak about him every chance they get.

I find it a bit scary.

I mentioned it in the Van De Beek thread. The guy can’t play a single game of Maguire’s ability - yet all he gets is 3 posts a day and Maguire gets 200.

Madness and cringe the obsession with this guy. The same fans were doing it with Rashford during the summer and it has suddenly shat back at their face so they have to shut up.
VdB isn't mouthing off to the press blaming his midfield partners or his goalkeeper for his own sh*te performances. Oh, but now you will say that those were made up leaks, that Ogden dreamt it all up even though he has time and again shown that he has a source very close to Maguire/Maguire himself.

Maguire will rot on the bench where he belongs.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He's a fecking liability both on and off the pitch. Any football fan should be able to see that.
I'm pretty sure the vast majority want rid and recognise it was one of our worst ever transfer deals, but there is a bizarre glee people take in even picking over his England performances. Even if he's ok in a game, this is only very begrudgingly admitted and with a side helping of abuse.
There's no doubt people get off on it, a kind of group mind thing.

little.triangles

I'm pretty sure the vast majority want rid and recognise it was one of our worst ever transfer deals, but there is a bizarre glee people take in even picking over his England performances. Even if he's ok in a game, this is only very begrudgingly admitted and with a side helping of abuse.
There's no doubt people get off on it, a kind of group mind thing.
For me, it has to do with the most recent media leak. I had a post here not a week ago saying Maguire could be a useful squad player yet for United. But the sense of entitlement he has time and again show in interviews and especially in leaking to Ogden has turned me against him totally. We should not tolerate such manipulative behavior from any player let alone from the club captain.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Yesterday I found myseld in this topic reading about Harry Maguire and his apparent links with this Mark Ogden guy...

Yesterday I also - whilst visiting England - went to The Harry Potter Studio tour...

This morning I woke up realizing I dreamt Bob Ogden visiting the house of Voldemorts grandfather to find Harry Maguire wearing the Voldemort ring, whilst yesterday conciously not linking Bob/Mark Ogden in my head..

Funny thing the mind is..

But what does this say about Harry Maguire? Maybe that he is snakelike and speaks to snakelike people who only have their self interest at heart at the cost of others...

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Donut

Sell him while he starts for England and his value is relatively high.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
VdB isn't mouthing off to the press blaming his midfield partners or his goalkeeper for his own sh*te performances. Oh, but now you will say that those were made up leaks, that Ogden dreamt it all up even though he has time and again shown that he has a source very close to Maguire/Maguire himself.

Maguire will rot on the bench where he belongs.
You have dreams and nightmares about Maguire.

Its so obvious :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.