Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC89

Half of these things are you just looking with blinkers on. Look at these things objectively and you’ll see 75% of that stuff is nonsense.
Look at today's game and you'd realise you had the blinkers on. This is no anomaly for Maguire. He's a clown.

Skills

Snitch
Absolute joke of a player. Clearly his good seasons at leicester were not representative and we paid for it bad
He had 1 good season and a good world cup. The scouts who vetoed his signing under Mourinho need a massive payrise. It's sad they were then overruled because of fan pressure and a second clueless manager wanting him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Southgate’s a fecking spanner for playing him. He needed a prolonged spell out of the spotlight and a gradual reintroduction in easy matches if there’s any hope of rebuilding some confidence. Throwing a rusty Harry Maguire into a potentially toxic environment like tonight’s game will end him. Which fecking sucks for United because there’s a good chance he’ll be needed for us before the season’s out.

Idxomer

It's pointless to criticize him anymore, Southgate set him up for more failures here.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Honestly I feel like his peak level where he was a decent CB is long gone and he's just a mediocre player now. He needs to leave for his own career. He'll never be a starter at United again and he's a liability whenever he plays. Needs to rediscover himself as a bottom half of the league CB IMO.
He’s not even mediocre, he’s quite terrible at this point.

Although I’m not sure about everyone feeling so sorry for him. It’s not like he’s had some awful life, he’s an Uber rich footballer that’s been playing like shit for years and turned himself into a meme. Not really anyone else to blame but himself, and the way he’s represented the club as it’s captain has been a joke.

At the end of the day he’ll still have an incredible life and family. He’ll be fine long after he’s left our club.

Member 101269

Another leak please to try put a positive spin on things. I wonder when he gets sold.

He's great in the air, a great passer of the ball (when he has 50 seconds to pick a pass) but everything else right now is woeful.

Yes: he had to go forward to help chase the game :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

redshaw

He was poor defensively against Italy, just that he wasn't punished for it and the bad moments were spread out over a quiet game. He got some plaudits for just staying on the left side moving the ball yet when he was called upon he let Scamacca get a close range header early on, just watch the replay he's clumsily trying to hold him off but can't. Gets caught high up the pitch and gives Italy a 3vs2 but luckily the guy ran too far and was offside in the end. Then he gets beat just outside the box and just performs a rugby tackle and concedes a dangerous free kick.

Here today when he's called upon he gives away the ball and then just clumsily again fouls the player to give away a penalty.

Seem like Southgate is trying to play him into form and give him some confidence out left of a back three, he should be able to stay relatively free from harms way but he's been an absolutely liability in both games even there with all the protection and running around him.

Feel sorry for the guy but I think he may have peaked physically around 27-30 for such a big lad, yes he was slow but had just enough. He's been moving around like a sloth ever since he came back with no training in our 4-2 Leicester defeat.

Last edited:

Dominos

I know he's not always been this bad, but it's amazing to think he ever had anyone convinced he was good enough.

All I can hope is if one of Varane/Martinez get injured then Lindelof gets the nod before Maguire. Maguire reintroduction to our team would likely be the downfall of our season.

I wish we'd have had the foresight to try flog him this summer just gone before his reputation deteriorates any further, rather than have him play the opening 2 games, ETH to realise he's awful and then have him sat on the bench all season.

Zlatans Knee

I know he's not always been this bad, but it's amazing to think he ever had anyone convinced he was good enough.

All I can hope is if one of Varane/Martinez get injured then Lindelof gets the nod before Maguire. Maguire reintroduction to our team would likely be the downfall of our season.

I wish we'd have had the foresight to try flog him this summer just gone before his reputation deteriorates any further, rather than have him play the opening 2 games, ETH to realise he's awful and then have him sat on the bench all season.
Lindelöf is bloody awful as well. You should have seen Sweden v Serbia the other day. If Varane gets injured we are fecked. If Martinez gets injured I would play Shaw in his place.

led_scholes

Southgate’s a fecking spanner for playing him. He needed a prolonged spell out of the spotlight and a gradual reintroduction in easy matches if there’s any hope of rebuilding some confidence. Throwing a rusty Harry Maguire into a potentially toxic environment like tonight’s game will end him. Which fecking sucks for United because there’s a good chance he’ll be needed for us before the season’s out.
The last time he played well against an easy team, he scored and he celebrated like he scored against peak Barcelona in a champions league final.

The issue is that he has too much confidence. He showed that in Greece, and he is showing that in every opportunity he can. He is an average player who believes he is Beckenbauer.

hodgey123

I feel sorry for him to the extent that he has been painfully out of form for months and is massively in the spotlight. His comments in interviews do not help though and cut any real sympathy I have short - instead of recognising he may not be in the best place right now, which is perfectly fine and would actually be refreshing to hear, he is on the defensive reframing his performances and his stature in the game inviting more criticism.

Skills

Snitch
Massively relived for him that England managed to turn this around. Hopefully they hold on now

Member 101269

All the time in the world to head a cross and he heads it straight back to an unmarked Germany player. He cannot even get the basics right.

InfiniteBoredom

He plays to his strengths in that system. And he looked a lot better when we played on the counter attack and had a deep line and defended most of the time.
And Leicester and us still conceded a shit ton of goals when he was playing well. Even his best season with us saw us conceding more goals than we’ve ever conceded under LvG/Mourinho.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
And Leicester and us still conceded a shit ton of goals when he was playing well. Even his best season with us saw us conceding more goals than we’ve ever conceded under LvG/Mourinho.
Yes. Not really any getting around that. I tried.

I may be more sympathetic if he wasn't the captain, and if he didn't keep giving completely tone deaf interviews. He needs to see a sports psychologist.

Djemba-Djemba

For club and country I think he's won 1 out the last 14 games he's started.

And that was at home to Norwich 3-2.

He's cursed.

CarbonStoolBites

Nah? Okie.
Chris Smalling had not put his team in danger with insipid passing as many times in his entire career as Herry Maguire did in 2022 alone.
He knew his limitations and he either played it simply to the midfield, or the better defender on the ball that was next to him, sometimes he hoofed it.
Literally all of this is far better than Harry Maguire thinking he’s Rio Ferdinand, feck that, Maguire is garbage on the ball, he doesn’t know it, that’s a problem.

Deery

Dreary
He’s so shit at defending it’s unbelievable we payed £80m for him, just simple stuff like tackling or blocking he can’t do not even to mention the world class stuff.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have never seen a CB that loses concentration as much as this guy. Half his errors are unforced.

Irwin99

Nah? Okie.
Chris Smalling had not put his team in danger with insipid passing as many times in his entire career as Herry Maguire did in 2022 alone.
He knew his limitations and he either played it simply to the midfield, or the better defender on the ball that was next to him, sometimes he hoofed it.
Literally all of this is far better than Harry Maguire thinking he’s Rio Ferdinand, feck that, Maguire is garbage on the ball, he doesn’t know it, that’s a problem.
That's confidence/prolonged bad form, there's no way in hell Smalling is better with the ball. Sadly, there's no way either that Maguire is worth 70 million more than Smalling when they both have very clear strengths and very clear weaknesses. To be fair, at least Smalling had/has fantastic pace to rectify any mistakes.

CarbonStoolBites

Maguire is far better on the ball
The problem is that he's doing it soooooo slow
That's confidence/prolonged bad form, there's no way in hell Smalling is better with the ball. Sadly, there's no way either that Maguire is worth 70 million more than Smalling when they both have very clear strengths and very clear weaknesses. To be fair, at least Smalling had/has fantastic pace to rectify any mistakes.
Far better on the ball yet keeps costing his teams goals every other match by showing himself to be clueless on the ball, sure thing, makes sense.

Maybe Maguire is actually crap on the ball and people just stick to some false made up narrative.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Nah? Okie.
Nice rant. You’re still wrong.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Far better on the ball yet keeps costing his teams goals every other match by showing himself to be clueless on the ball, sure thing, makes sense.

Maybe Maguire is actually crap on the ball and people just stick to some false made up narrative.
Someone’s created a false made up narrative in this thread, that’s for sure.

Jericho

Smalling recognizes his own weaknesses and for that reason he moves the ball on to better players.

Maguire either can't or won't acknowledge his own weaknesses (he's actually not that good on the ball) and so he continues to get himself into trouble and the team pays for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.