Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Does anyone else feel this happened..

He started poorly, Jose slowly brought him back in and he put together a few good performances. At this point everyone started applauding Jose and saying Mkhitaryan was now firing on all cylinders for United. Probably fair at the time..

Then Mkhitaryan's performances quickly began to worsen and with the exemption of a few Europa league performances, he just hasn't been good at all but people kind of just never stopped saying Jose brought him in and that he has been great ever since. Like it's a habit to say it.
I think Jose knows he's been shit for months as well and would be massively underwhelmed with his season. Wouldn't at all be surprised if he is sold in the summer and certainly shouldn't be starting the Europa final if we make it. A very, very weak mentality.

el3mel

Sorry Mikhi but time to return to the bench. He doesn't deserve a starting position now.

lsd

The Oracle
Seems to have picked a terrible time to lose form...

Smores

Pisses me off when players with so much talent contribute so little.

You can see why Jose focuses on ensuring a hard work ethic. Should be dropped to bench for Martial.

roykeane19

His stats regarding goals + assists was insane last year in the Bundesliga. Then you see him last few matches, not even able to get past one player, and losing ball constantly, and not creating or doing anything. Its not over the top to say hes shite, based on current performances

lopiop

He's been shite for a number of games now. Keeps on losing the ball and losing balance. Not sure why mourinho persist with him.

klayton88

His stats regarding goals + assists was insane last year in the Bundesliga. Then you see him last few matches, not even able to get past one player, and losing ball constantly, and not creating or doing anything. Its not over the top to say hes shite, based on current performances

Geekie

Outstandingly awful in the 1st half so decided to go into hiding in the second half. If he had scored from that Pogba chance he probably would have been let off. Unless we totally run out of options he should be benched. I'm still in debate whether recent horrible displays are proof that he's not that good a player. Also wondering if he had only played well when came on as sub.

NinjaFletch

He's a really bad fit for us and i'm less and less convinced he's got the talent.

Looks like another expensive squad player.

Hellboy

Outstandingly awful in the 1st half so decided to go into hiding in the second half. If he had scored from that Pogba chance he probably would have been let off. Unless we totally run out of options he should be benched. I'm still in debate whether recent horrible displays are proof that he's not that good a player. Also wondering if he had only played well when came on as sub.
Strikes me as a bottler. Shoulders dropping as soon as things don't go his way.

Unlikely lad

Really highlights how good Mata has been for us.

Also, people complain about Martial's off the ball play, Mkhitaryan was worse today.

cyberman

Nobody comes towards him to build up play, he really misses Ibra.
As soon as he picks up the ball the front 3 sprint away in front of him, it takes away his ability for little passes that works his way into the box.

Red_Aaron

He wasn't too bad first half, not much he tried came off but at least he was getting on the ball and trying things. Second half I genuinely didn't realise he was still on the pitch until he was subbed.

Disappointing first season so far overall but the talent is there to justify a second go. He needs to stop hiding though

Dave46

He should help to win EL and leave the club. He can do better somewhere else.

izec

He was better when he had to prove a point. Since being more of a starting player, he has been disappointing. He really looks sloppy at the moment.

Dave46

I think he misses Mata a bit in the team. He does not communicate well with Lingard.

Womp

idiot
Someone with his ability should be influencing games much more than he does. Barely even notice he plays most of the time.

Womp

idiot
You lot would give up on Neymar in his first season.
Rubbish, not only is Neymar two or three times the player Mkhitryan is, but he's also yet to reach his peak. Mkhitryan is 28, in the peak of his career and is happy to coast around games. I don't think Mata is as talented as he is, yet he's much more influential in games.

kundalini

Mkhitaryan is a good player with impressive technical ability. However, you do have to wonder about the scouting because currently, the difference between Mkhitaryan and Lingard is nowhere near big enough to justify spending £35m. We do not need another lightweight wide player who likes to come inside, who loses the ball a lot under any sort of physical pressure. Then we've got Mata, who although a different type of player, shares some of the same characteristics.

There was one moment tonight when Lingard was wandering across the pitch with the ball and Mkhitaryan came towards him and almost managed to get in his way.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hasnt had a great season. Thought he was a bit naff today

Cathy Ferguson

Hasnt had a great season. Thought he was a bit naff today
He is the only one of Mou's four signings that hasn't worked out, so far at least. He had a poor first season at Dortmund as well. We would have secured top four by now if Mhiki and Martial were performing to their full potential.

Dave46

He is the only one of Mou's four signings that hasn't worked out, so far at least. He had a poor first season at Dortmund as well. We would have secured top four by now if Mhiki and Martial were performing to their full potential.
Look up his rating and stats. He is ok in tems of his stats, but he misses some understanding with fellow players.
Now, If Rashford and Lingard would have scored from Miki's passes in the first half and Miki would have scored from Pogba' pass, the conversation would have been different and Miki would get Motm, just based on those 3 episodes. I still think, Miki-Mata partnership works better than what we have today.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
His chance wasnt clear cut. The angle was against him. Its his work rate that i would call him out.

Ixion

Such a hit and miss player. Hopefully in his second season he'll shine.

Marcelinho87

Nobody comes towards him to build up play, he really misses Ibra.
As soon as he picks up the ball the front 3 sprint away in front of him, it takes away his ability for little passes that works his way into the box.
Yeah he needs players to play off and the current lot opt to run away from him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Looked so apathetic tonight. Pissed me off. Didn't look bothered whatsoever. That 1v1 chance was just a poverty effort.

Needs to get his act together.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We had a chance in the first half when it was three on three and he gave a bad pass. He definitely should have done better at that.

predator

Youth NITK
It's difficult for him to come to a club like United where the style of play has been modified for the past few years continuously and we don't have a distinctive style. I'm positive he would thrive at other clubs such as Chelsea, Tottenham, Barca and even back at Dortmund. It's a shame because I really like him and he gives us something different but he is quite unique in his style.

GM K

Mikhi has been poor, no doubt but we need to see how he fares in his second season.

Pedro also struggled in his first season. He looked so light weight and never won any of the 50-50 battles but he has improved a lot and has been one of Chelsea's best players this season.

Sylar

Not his best game at all. Think if its on his right foot, he scores.
IIRC he missed a chance similar against Liverpool at home (but scored against Sunderland).
but on his right foot, he scored against Leicester and Spurs by adding some lift on it.

Hopefully hes better next season overall. Do think hes had some of his best stuff when hes been around Martial though and both counter.

Obiorahking_

Bad season persists with him. Damn shame because he looks half the player he was in Dortmund. Not ready to give up on him yet. Start him with Mata. Looks a lot better with him

UnitedForever147

Has the look of a player who wants away. Watched him score recently and he didn't even celebrate, looked depressed and didn't want to know his team mates. At the moment he seems like yet another waste of money and if he is pissed off then maybe he should .... ...

Status
Not open for further replies.