6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

Don't do this to yourself guys, he won't play again for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why do I get this feeling that some peiple basically have a base level for every new signing, and they are all shit until they actually prove otherwise at United in their eyes? People saying they dont understand the outcry about him not playing, if you watched any football outside United you would know basically. He's a player who was world class last season, on par with the likes of De Bruyne (if not better) and so many on here wank about him. So yeah, thats why people want to see him. He can completely transform our attack if we get him playing at his best, and hell, even if he doesnt get to that level, he would still be an improvement on fecking lingard and rashford on the wings.

Stacks

Tonight would be the ideal game to throw him into. If Mourinho wants him to prove himself then a tricky away at a hostile ground - outside of the PL - is pretty much the ideal 'make or break' scenario.

It doesn' t make sense to jettison him after 45 minutes if football. If we did that for every player we wouldn't have a squad left.
Why should there be a make or break match after only 5 apps? You are correct, to decide on a player and jettison them on such limited exposure is bordering on the insane. Even Ferguson tried his best to accommodate Veron, Kagawa etc because it is an investment the club has made so the manager has a duty to try his best to get the most out of them, and other coaches have achieved this in the past. Sort of what he is doing with Pogba. This should extend to every new signing as we bought them for a reason. Imagine had Wenger given up on Ozil?

C3Pique

Why should there be a make or break match after only 5 apps? You are correct, to decide on a player and jettison them on such limited exposure is bordering on the insane.
There shouldn't be, but I'm trying to guess Jose's motives here. I think HM needs to prove he has the ballsh and tonight is an ideal opportunity if thats the case.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Why do I get this feeling that some peiple basically have a base level for every new signing, and they are all shit until they actually prove otherwise at United in their eyes? People saying they dont understand the outcry about him not playing, if you watched any football outside United you would know basically. He's a player who was world class last season, on par with the likes of De Bruyne (if not better) and so many on here wank about him. So yeah, thats why people want to see him. He can completely transform our attack if we get him playing at his best, and hell, even if he doesnt get to that level, he would still be an improvement on fecking lingard and rashford on the wings.
Past form has proven to be worthless when it comes to our recent signings. Look at the likes of Kagawa, Di Maria & Falcao. I think people are well within their rights to expect a player to prove themselves here before they proclaim them being better than players that have already proven to be some of the best players in our league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Past form has proven to be worthless when it comes to our recent signings. Look at the likes of Kagawa, Di Maria & Falcao. I think people are well within their rights to expect a player to prove themselves here before they proclaim them being better than players that have already proven to be some of the best players in our league.
They have proven their worth in other top teams elsewhere around the world, and that's just reason for people to be excited to see them and want to see them in the team. If they don't work out here, then it's more due to the player not suiting the manager and the style of play he wants to play. Wouldn't say it's a league thing. Like I've said before, I wouldn't say that players flop in certain leagues. Sometimes, sure, but most of the time, if they flop like Di Maria and Kagawa did, I would put 90% of it down to the manager in charge and not being a good match. Put those same players in other teams and they would be among the best players in the league, like they were in previous big clubs. Also on the Falcao point, his problem was his knee injury and surgery basically ruined him.

Anyway, nobody is claiming Mkhitaryan is better then De Bruyne. What he has done though is last season had a season that was arguably better then any season De Bruyne had, with the question now being if he can continue that or if it was a one off, and that's why many on here want to see more of him, because he has that potential to be up there with the best/most productive attackers in the league like he was in Germany.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They have proven their worth in other top teams elsewhere around the world, and that's just reason for people to be excited to see them and want to see them in the team. If they don't work out here, then it's more due to the player not suiting the manager and the style of play he wants to play. Wouldn't say it's a league thing. Like I've said before, I wouldn't say that players flop in certain leagues. Sometimes, sure, but most of the time, if they flop like Di Maria and Kagawa did, I would put 90% of it down to the manager in charge and not being a good match. Put those same players in other teams and they would be among the best players in the league, like they were in previous big clubs. Also on the Falcao point, his problem was his knee injury and surgery basically ruined him.

Anyway, nobody is claiming Mkhitaryan is better then De Bruyne. What he has done though is last season had a season that was arguably better then any season De Bruyne had, with the question now being if he can continue that or if it was a one off, and that's why many on here want to see more of him, because he has that potential to be up there with the best/most productive attackers in the league like he was in Germany.
Fair enough. Being excited is one thing but i think people are going well beyond that with Mkhitaryan. I'm looking forward to seing him play again, though i do have huge doubts about him right now.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Don't do this to yourself guys, he won't play again for us.
3464 posts in main forum for 12 years. I like it when you are quiet.
Lets not kid ourselves. He will play for us and i hope become a great player for us. Dont forget Evra/silva/willian all had bad starts.

Donut

3464 posts in main forum for 12 years. I like it when you are quiet.
Lets not kid ourselves. He will play for us and i hope become a great player for us. Dont forget Evra/silva/willian all had bad starts.
Nice, buddy. Funny, when you yourself have whined about him being left out last game.

Hawks2008

On the bench, I don't know if Jose will put him on given it's in Turkey and he's Armenian.

Deleted member 101472

Why are some people suggesting he starts this game? Appearance off the bench ( whether it's in this game or the next) is absolutely the right way to ease him into the team. Its gonna be a lively atmosphere, once the crowd calm down a bit ( hopefully due to us scoring a few) there will be far less pressure and he'll be able to express himself more.

ravi2

Really looking forward to Mikki coming off the bench and having an impact. We absolutely need a player of his qualities if we are to get to, and maintain a top 4 finish this season.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
He wasnt that bad. Better than Mata who just lost the ball every other second. Atleast Miki tried to take the game to them at times.

Chrissypop

He was fecking shocking. But then bringing him on in a game like this, rather than in a game like Burnley seems a mad way to reintroduce him.
Or the fact that we were 0-2 down playing possession football, mourinho doesn't know how to get the best out of him. He is a quality, quality player but I can't imagine right now he is overly enthusiastic at getting 20 odd minutes in a game, coming on for a kid who has done next to nothing in the last two months but gets a pass every game because he is a 'United lad'.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
One thing is sure, if Mourinho feels he is mentally ready to take to the pitch in Turkey of all places then he should be fine in the PL. No more excuses please, play him. You probably won't get an atmosphere more hostile than being an Armenian playing in Turkey.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Fragile player low on confidence coming back after injury.....let's stick him on 0-2 down away in Turkey. If he doesn't score/assist we can feck him off again

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Or the fact that we were 0-2 down playing possession football, mourinho doesn't know how to get the best out of him. He is a quality, quality player but I can't imagine right now he is overly enthusiastic at getting 20 odd minutes in a game, coming on for a kid who has done next to nothing in the last two months but gets a pass every game because he is a 'United lad'.
Well we've officially scraped the bottom of the excuse barrel. Well done, this man. Apparently the idendity of the player a substitute replaces is relevent to the performance of the sub. Amazing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fragile player low on confidence coming back after injury.....let's stick him on 0-2 down away in Turkey. If he doesn't score/assist we can feck him off again
So we shouldn't make the only remaining attacking sub available when we're behind in case the poor flower coming off the bench finds it all a bit much? For feck's sake...

Ban

So we shouldn't make the only remaining attacking sub available when we're behind in case the poor flower coming off the bench finds it all a bit much? For feck's sake...
Sub him in when we're losing - yeah why throw him then.

He got minutes yet it is a problem he played when we were down 2:0.

Crazy.

Chrissypop

Well we've officially scraped the bottom of the excuse barrel. Well done, this man. Apparently the idendity of the player a substitute replaces is relevent to the performance of the sub. Amazing.
I deal with facts because I know what I'm talking about and because I do not look at football with Red tinted glasses on, it gets you nowhere. I know you are not the biggest fan so I compel you to watch over some of our more recent games. Pm when you have had a chance to watch some and we can have a chat about it.

Ban

I deal with facts because I know what I'm talking about and because I do not look at football with Red tinted glasses on, it gets you nowhere. I know you are not the biggest fan so I compel you to watch over some of our more recent games. Pm when you have had a chance to watch some and we can have a chat about it.
What's your point? He got 20 minutes but because he wasn't enthusiastic about it he was bad (not that I think he was). Every chance you get you make the best out of it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good to see him on the pitch, perhaps less good to see him in the centre when we need a right winger of some esteem.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
If, as seems to be the accepted wisdom in this case, we have a very talented player in need of a confidence boost then it is a shite time to bring him on. People respond to different styles, some need a kick up the arse, some need to be supported. The 'poor flower' attitude is counterproductive. Mkhitaryan on song would start for us, no doubt. So manage him right and if, after a decent chance he really isn't doing it then fine, accept his mentality is too big a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.