ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
My phone died.

Despite our shit start, we did well enough. Kayes needs to go though. I didn't expect us to win against NZ anyway. The positives outweigh the negatives in this match, so I'm not too worried. Our match against India will be interesting - this lot has shown multiple times that with motivation, they can beat anyone. Considering how our fielding has improved since the Scotland game, we definitely have a chance.
Yes I'd say the same. Good effort and some bold decisions paid off (opening the bowling with spin). Mahmudullah played very well today.

MJJ

Nah, I think India are going to destroy Bangladesh. They are probably the best players of spin left in the tournament and Bangladesh rely heavily on their spin.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Top class from Taylor there. Interesting discussion about Flower and Taylor between Pommie and Ganguly...IMO Flower was the better batsman. Close, though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Love Ganguly's confidence. Just said that we'll chase this score in 40 overs :lol:

MDFC Manager

Love Ganguly's confidence. Just said that we'll chase this score in 40 overs :lol:
He's been right with almost everything so far!

Also, it's a bit worrying that the biggest test for our bowlers came from Zimbabwe. The prospect of facing Australia on the Sydney pancake is giving me nightmares already...

MDFC Manager

Raining in the Australia game. If it gets called off, they could potentially end up playing SA?!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's been right with almost everything so far!

Also, it's a bit worrying that the biggest test for our bowlers came from Zimbabwe. The prospect of facing Australia on the Sydney pancake is giving me nightmares already...
tbf this ground is ridiculously short. the spinners were always going to get a tonking. Our pacers did pretty well.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Oz have only themselves to blame if this games gets washed out now. First Clarke fluffed about by bowling Maxwell and holding back Starc to allow Scotland to get 30 runs more. Then while I understand letting everyone have a hit, I still would have had Warner at 3 at least since he is someone who could have chased this down in 10-15 overs.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No wonder Taylor can't be bothered anymore. He's thrown away most of his career on a bunch of amateurs. Hope he does well in England.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Good win for India. Raina and Dhoni playing themselves into some form is a big plus. Now that top six is looking quite good. Still think the bowling will let India down at some stage though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Raina's dropped catch cost Zim the game. Yet another so near yet so far game for them. Taylor is right, they do 80% things right in a match and then screw up. Could easily have won 2-3 games more.

On positive side in other game, Australia won. So relieved. No way SA-Australia should be playing each other in quarters. Now they can only face each other in final. What a dream final that will be. Australia vs South Africa at the G. Orgasmic :drool:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Raina's dropped catch cost Zim the game. Yet another so near yet so far game for them. Taylor is right, they do 80% things right in a match and then screw up. Could easily have won 2-3 games more.

On positive side in other game, Australia won. So relieved. No way SA-Australia should be playing each other in quarters. Now they can only face each other in final. What a dream final that will be. Australia vs South Africa at the G. Orgasmic :drool:
It would end up being anti-climatic. SA will probably choke out for less than 200 like they did in 2007 semis which was billed as another great clash.

Samid

Is he switching nations or something?
:lol: I wouldn't put it past England to steal a player like that, it wouldn't be the first time. But no, he's given up his international career to go play county cricket in England.

Day 29: West Indies vs UAE | Ireland vs Pakistan

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pakistan better not feck this up later tonight. I expect we will magnificently feck up though.

Read Irfan is out, which is a blow.

ha_rooney

Windies wanting to get this game done quickly...

ha_rooney

Windies will win this comfortably, but credit to these two batsmen for getting the UAE to over 150 when they looked like they'd be all out for 50.

Samid

This is actually a decent partnership. If UAE can somehow climb their way to 200 then anything can happen.

ha_rooney

So as long as Windies win within 38 overs, they should be through. I expect they'll manage that.

At least the group stages have been meaningful until the end. Hope we get a good game between Pakistan and Ireland, with a Pakistan win obviously! :D

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
FFS, they have like 5 runs to hit on the 30th over and they've taken two runs off it, all deliveries that could have been played for a single and a full toss to end over. What a bunch of morons, you are still playing with run rate in mind