ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Similar to how we're all rooting for Villa to win the FA cup now I suppose. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan though. Sometimes an Indian loss can be entertaining and the insane levels of support for the one sport in India is a bit cringe worthy.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Ireland lost too many wickets trying to accelerate early. Otherwise 300 was on cards and it would have been interesting chase.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
You just know India will cruise to the total. 260 isn't good enough these days. England still seem to think anything 250+ is a good score.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Ireland's net run rate is going for a toss after this match.
Net run rate is rather irrelevant for Ireland at this stage. It's almost a given that the WI are going to smash UAE. They just need to beat Pakistan

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Day 26: South Africa vs UAE

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
:lol: Fell asleep right before I was going to confirm AB, Duminy and Morkel for my team. Ended up with no players at all, I think I can forget winning the group stages.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I still think this is a very good South African team despite the two off results against India and Pakistan. Like India, or for that matter any team, they need a little luck with the toss from the quarters on. I have no doubt that they'll win most matches batting first.

Would drop De Kock and make AB keep wickets from the quarters. Move Rossouw or Faf to the opening slot.

Amla
Rossouw
FAF
ABD
Duminy
Miller
Behardien
Philander/Abbot
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

To me it looks like a team that can win the world cup.

MDFC Manager

Faf was dropped wasn't he? He'll find it tough to get back, with Philander being fit again

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
This UAE side is so bad. Wonder how they even made it to the World Cup. Ireland are the best of the associates, not sure if the other teams belong here. At least the format is unkind to them. ICC should move to a FIFA style multi group tournament rather than this drawn out farce of a group stage. But then the last time they did it, India crashed out in the group stage and the WC was a financial disaster. :lol:

The Man Himself

Can WI go through? It's all I'm interested, at this stage.
Yes in all probability and as 4th.
If Pakistan win then they just beed to beat UAE. If Ireland win then they need to win by a big margin.
Big margin, yes but given they play UAE it wont actually be that big. Even a 100 run win will make WI's NRR better than Pakistan's current and if Pak are to lose, it will get slightly worse at least even in close game. WI play their match first so all they need to do is win so as to get NRR better than Pak and for that the potential margins are very much manageable given it is UAE.

fishfingers15

Yes in all probability and as 4th.

Big margin, yes but given they play UAE it wont actually be that big. Even a 100 run win will make WI's NRR better than Pakistan's current and if Pak are to lose, it will get slightly worse at least even in close game. WI play their match first so all they need to do is win so as to get NRR better than Pak and for that the potential margins are very much manageable given it is UAE.
Is there a scenario in which both Pak and WI go through?

The Man Himself

As I see it, winner of Pak-Ire will be 3rd and WI 4th. Fully expect WI to beat UAE by enough margin to take care of NRR.

fishfingers15

Yeah I hope that happens to be honest. They can beat any team on their day and add more value and color to the tournament. I absolutely love Ireland and the way they play their cricket, but they are not capable of pulling off upsets like Pak or WI.

Day 27: New Zealand vs Bangladesh | England vs Afghanistan

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brilliant bowling from Boult. That delivery is a beauty but everything before that was superb too. Superb spell to start the game.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Is Mahmudullah the Bangladeshi Sangakkara? Also in the unlikely event that Bangladesh win this one, there's a good chance that India will play SL in the quarters. :annoyed:

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Dont really wanna face SL in quarters. Get your act together new zealand.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
288 is a pretty decent score. Mahmudullah batted like a champ there. Went berserk after getting his 100. New Zealand can get this though. McCullum alone can push them past 120 in 10 overs and should be a canter from there. The bowlers have a decent score to defend, let's hope this is an even contest.