ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Not sure what's that got to do with the current slogfest. Again, who does the current game appeal to? Funnily enough, I've read that there will be more Indians than Aussies at the semi final. Looks like the locals are bored too.
We have had a lot of cricket, Asian cup, A League and the NRL and AFL are starting up, I had the choice of watching a quarter final or an AFL pre season game and I went for the pre season game

Add in shoddy coverage and a lack of decent advertising its just bad.

The asian cup had brilliant coverage and was talked about a lot however the cricket world cup has been a massive stinker in terms of coverage.

1st Semi-Final: New Zealand vs South Africa

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looking forward to the first semi. Both teams in form & with so many exciting players on show, it should be a cracker. Milne being ruled out is a blow, but hopefully the Kiwis will win.

kotha

Someone on here said that the QF's would be decided by highest position in the group stages if it was rained out.
That's the case if even the reserve day is rained out.. At least that's what I remember reading before the knockouts started.. And I think it's based on the team with more number of wins rather than place in the group..

Traub

You kinda deserve it... but you usually find a way to choke..

How's it been. Been a while
Ya. Not sure if a loss today would count as a choke - I guess depends on circumstances.

All good my side mate, it's been ages. Hows things your side?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
This could be a classic. I'm rooting for... New Zealand.

ha_rooney

Pressure told. Poor shot. Good start from the kiwis.

ha_rooney

Never seen Henry bowl, but you assume he's the one SA will have to target.

Sky pundits mentioned it earlier, but the 5th bowler might be a problem for SA today. Expect NZ will really go after Duminy.

ha_rooney

That field for a ODI is ridiculous! Boult is so good.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I can't say I've ever seen this Henry fellow bowl. He looks impressive.

New Zealand seem to have quality fast bowlers coming from everywhere these days.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I have been watching NZ for over 40 years now, a long history of our cricket team never quite finishing the job off has left me pessimistic. I got used to failing at the last hurdle a long time ago. Its one thing to deserve something but another to actually win something. Right now SA are doing a good job of absorbing the pressure.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Joining this match a bit late...

Fancy New Zealand. From the looks of it they made a great start but SA are forming a partnership. I think they should get the Saffers for less than 300. They have players who can get that against this lot.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
I have been watching NZ for over 40 years now, a long history of our cricket team never quite finishing the job off has left me pessimistic. I got used to failing at the last hurdle a long time ago. Its one thing to deserve something but another to actually win something. Right now SA are doing a good job of absorbing the pressure.
To be fair SA have a similar history. We will have a new WC finalist this year one way or another.

Why wasn't Milne picked for this game?

DOTA

When I've thought about your chances, in this tournament, I can't help but think you just have to do it. You have some great players who are hitting form. You've had home advantage.

I wouldn't go as far as to make you favourites... it's more that this is your chance. There will most certainly not be a better one.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
SA getting back in game. If they have wickets in hand in last 15, they can run riot.

zing

Zingle balls
Solid platform for SA this.

The first 10-13 overs were super intense.

zing

Zingle balls
few more overs with this run rate and no wickets lost -- and NZ are in trouble

DOTA

few more overs with this run rate and no wickets lost -- and NZ are in trouble
I'm not so sure.

I think SA are taking a risk, letting themselves get well behind the desired rate. They're relying on the fast scorers coming off.

zing

Zingle balls
I'm not so sure.

I think SA are taking a risk, letting themselves get well behind the desired rate. They're relying on the fast scorers coming off.
260-270 is good neough in a WC knockout in my opinion. I think SA can get that very easily from, say, 135-140 after 30.