ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No chance in hell that Pakistan beats Australia.

Let's bet, Dumbdumb. 100 pounds to the forum?
I can't reply to you now as someone who is quite clearly not WUMMING :rolleyes: (because its only me who WUMs :rolleyes:) just said so. Thank you, come again. :p

ps. No I don't bet money, but I can stay away from Redcafe if we lose. I was going to suggest a month but that's only worth a football bet. For cricket a week is fair as it means I can't gloat if we beat you in the soccerball knockout. And you know how much that will hurt me. :D

However, if I win I will use @Insanity tag to call you into whichever thread I like for a week and you have to back up every point I make. With no hint of sarcasm or disagreement.

Deal?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I can't reply to you now as someone who is quite clearly not WUMMING :rolleyes: (because its only me who WUMs :rolleyes:) just said so. Thank you, come again. :p

ps. No I don't bet money, but I can stay away from Redcafe if we lose. I was going to suggest a month but that's only worth a football bet. For cricket a week is fair as it means I can't gloat if we beat you in the soccerball knockout. And you know how much that will hurt me. :D

However, if I win I will use @Insanity tag to call you into whichever thread I like for a week and you have to back up every point I make. With no hint of sarcasm or disagreement.

Deal?
:lol:

You staying away from Redcafe doesn't do me any good.

I'll take your bet. However, if the Aussies win (including if its gets rained out and they advance based on pool position) then for a couple of weeks I will use @Dumbstar tag to call you into whichever thread I like and you have to back up every point I make (With no hint of sarcasm or disagreement) and qualify each of your post with #GloryGloryManUnited at the end.

And of course, the assumption is that neither of us are going to be pussies and disappear for time frame.

Deal?

Edit: I won't be able to come on here before Saturday. So, we are on if you agree.

MDFC Manager

FFS @Insanity dont agree on the week off bet! Clearly he's trying to engineer a move to stay away from the aftermath of the impending mauling of his beloved Liverpool, rather than a bet on tomorrow's game of cricket!

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

You staying away from Redcafe doesn't do me any good.

I'll take your bet. However, if the Aussies win (including if its gets rained out and they advance based on pool position) then for a couple of weeks I will use @Dumbstar tag to call you into whichever thread I like and you have to back up every point I make (With no hint of sarcasm or disagreement) and qualify each of your post with #GloryGloryManUnited at the end.

And of course, the assumption is that neither of us are going to be pussies and disappear for time frame.

Deal?

Edit: I won't be able to come on here before Saturday. So, we are on if you agree.
That is truly, truly sick. :annoyed:

But yes I agree, I'm confident and I want to be tagging you on to many 'Dumpstar was right' posts when Liverpool beat you.

I don't do disappearing. I've been regular on here since, well, a very long time. Besides me disappearing is what everyone on Redcafe wants! :wenger:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
It's all funny this.

Dumbstar's theory is that Pakistan gets a huge incentive so they will definitely beat Australia. None of Australia's talent is even considered in this mega Sheldon equation. 'Players after money yo, they gonna beat Aussie ass'. U wot m8?

That's actually very demeaning to both Pakistan and Australian players. Have some fecking respect for them, they play for your country. Pakistan is a temperamental team. Sometimes, they are brilliant, many timesthey are not. They beat SA, they can beat anybody in the tournament. There is undoubtedly talent in that team. There is a chance that Pak may beat Australia, and it just won't be because they are paid more. It is because they would have played better cricket. There are always bad influences in the team, your team may engage in spot fixing, but it's very hard to motivate all eleven players with just money alone, they will be definitely playing for pride.

I enjoy watching Pakistan play when they play well. But tt's bloody hard to play for India or Pakistan, I actually have tons of sympathy for their players, one day you are a hero and the next day your effigies are burnt.

MJJ

It's all funny this.

Dumbstar's theory is that Pakistan gets a huge incentive so they will definitely beat Australia. None of Australia's talent is even considered in this mega Sheldon equation. 'Players after money yo, they gonna beat Aussie ass'. U wot m8?

That's actually very demeaning to both Pakistan and Australian players. Have some fecking respect for them, they play for your country. Pakistan is a temperamental team. Sometimes, they are brilliant, many timesthey are not. They beat SA, they can beat anybody in the tournament. There is undoubtedly talent in that team. There is a chance that Pak may beat Australia, and it just won't be because they are paid more. It is because they would have played better cricket. There are always bad influences in the team, your team may engage in spot fixing, but it's very hard to motivate all eleven players with just money alone, they will be definitely playing for pride.

I enjoy watching Pakistan play when they play well. But tt's bloody hard to play for India or Pakistan, I actually have tons of sympathy for their players, one day you are a hero and the next day your effigies are burnt.
*clapping*

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
It's all funny this.
Fair do's fishfingers, I've been watching Pakistan since a little before Waqar Younis threw his first ball down on to the turf and made me drop my salan roti.

Without boring you with the inbetween period, I've become a very cynical and skeptical Pakistani 'fan' since then. I apologise and will not press the matter. I like Australia now they've become just human again, in fact I like most cricket teams nowadays. Including Pakistan on occasions.

Its going to be a cracker tonight, shame I won't be able to commit to staying awake for it. Will be jumping for the remote in the morning though!

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Fair do's fishfingers, I've been watching Pakistan since a little before Waqar Younis threw his first ball down on to the turf and made me drop my salan roti.

Without boring you with the inbetween period, I've become a very cynical and skeptical Pakistani 'fan' since then. I apologise and will not press the matter. I like Australia now they've become just human again, in fact I like most cricket teams nowadays. Including Pakistan on occasions.

Its going to be a cracker tonight, shame I won't be able to commit to staying awake for it. Will be jumping for the remote in the morning though!
The first World cup I remember well is Steven Waugh's heroics in 88, the first player I liked was Kepler Wessels when he played for Australia. I support the West Indies, even though I'm Indian/ I admire all Indian teams and I like talent, whether it's Australia or Pakistan. This is not a contest of who watched first or who is the bigger fan. There are a lot of reasons for becoming disillusioned with cricket or for any sport. You don't have to be a 'Pakistani' to be disillusioned, I bet that applies to many cricket fans in general. All I'm saying is that, just because you've become skeptical, you don't have to imply that your team only wins because of the money. If someone offered me a better paying job, I'd drop my current job in an instant, Cricket players playing for a country, do not have that option.

If we fight hard on the internet just to win an argument, think about the players who put their jersey on and play in front of millions. I didn't mean to cause you any offence.

3st Quarter-Final: Australia vs Pakistan

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not buying that green top talk from the Aussies. Probably just mind games because they rather want to face the average Adil than Yasir Shah who killed them in the UAE.

Anyway, for all the crap I've given Misbah over the last couple of years I hope he gets a decent farewell in his last ODI. His captaincy has somewhat steadied the ship even though he's cost his country quite some games with the bat. Might be young Afridi's final game as well and Younis is most certainly not in the long-term plans. I'm already looking forward to seeing a new-look Pakistan side in the summer/autumn with hopefully Shehzad, Sarfraz, Haris, U Akmal, Junaid and Amir in the side. Rahat has also grown on me over the last half year or so and he is dead certain for Tests at least. Wouldn't want to be the selector when all the bowlers are back from injuries/bans.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not buying that green top talk from the Aussies. Probably just mind games because they rather want to face the average Adil than Yasir Shah who killed them in the UAE.

Anyway, for all the crap I've given Misbah over the last couple of years I hope he gets a decent farewell in his last ODI. His captaincy has somewhat steadied the ship even though he's cost his country quite some games with the bat. Might be young Afridi's final game as well and Younis is most certainly not in the long-term plans. I'm already looking forward to seeing a new-look Pakistan side in the summer/autumn with hopefully Shehzad, Sarfraz, Haris, U Akmal, Junaid and Amir in the side. Rahat has also grown on me over the last half year or so and he is dead certain for Tests at least. Wouldn't want to be the selector when all the bowlers are back from injuries/bans.
Given the amount of criticism and ridicule he's received, I've started to feel a bit sorry for him. Overall, he's been a very steady captain and player for a side which has suffered with issues on and off the pitch the last 5 to 6 years. If he played in the 90's, I think he'd be rated better but times have moved on (courtesy of T20) and we now expect batsmen to be scoring close to a run a ball (Misbah's average is decent but SR a bit low). Wish him all the best if tonight is his last ODI.

Still blame him for those losses against India though :mad:

Sylar

Commentators: The batsmen looking comfortable here

Next ball... wicket!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
And Wasim can feck off. Building up every player like they are some sort of world beaters.

Sylar

How does it clip the stump at that speed and the bail doesnt come off? haha, wow!