ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think Dhoni is very underated as a ODI captain. His field placements and his use of bowlers are second to none imo.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What are these two doing? Supposed to be their two best players. 14 runs in the last 7 overs ffs.

kps88

Jadeja has had an excellent all round game. Contributed with bat, ball and has been electric on the field.

kps88

If this is the pitch for the final, and if we get there... Would be perfect
Not a fan of this ground and pitch. Whoever wins the toss will probably win the final. It also doesn't really suit our pace attack.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I don't understand why ICC did away with Super 6s concept. 2007 of course was a disaster with Super 8s and in general everything, but they should have gone back to super 6s instead of old knockout format.

An ideal WC would be - 12 teams, divided into 2 groups of 6. 3 teams qualifying to super 6. That would result in a proper contest during group stages as well. Plus more contests with stronger sides facing each other during super 6s.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I don't understand why ICC did away with Super 6s concept. 2007 of course was a disaster with Super 8s and in general everything, but they should have gone back to super 6s instead of old knockout format.

An ideal WC would be - 12 teams, divided into 2 groups of 6. 3 teams qualifying to super 6. That would result in a proper contest during group stages as well. Plus more contests with stronger sides facing each other during super 6s.
Maybe they are hoping that with more teams they can grow the game. Football used to have just 16 teams, then 24 and now its 32. The game has grown massively in the last 40 years and a part of that came to having more teams from around the world able to make it to a world cup.

There is an element of elitism that creeps in when people only want the "quality" teams/games. I remember similar arguments being chucked around in the 70's when the football WC first went from 16 to 24 teams.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!

Super 6's was a good concept but the manner in which points carried forward from the group stage is calculated is prone to create an anomaly. qualifying round was little weird. I mean a team could be placed third in a group but if it had defeated the two teams above it in the group stage, it would carry the maximum points Like Zimbawe in 99. I think both us and SA were above them in the group table but because Zim had defeated us and SA, they carried maximum points, followed by SA who had defeated India. Similar point system also lead to Kenya reaching the Semis in 2003; albeit they did defeat Sri Lanka along the way.

If the points carried forward to Super 6s is according to the group standing then it really works well in cricket.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Too easy for India as I expected.

Never expected India to be so clinical and professional. It's like watching another team.

Still not confident with our batting. Virat's has looked patchy through out the tournament despite the hundred against Pakistan. He needs to come to the party next game.

Sydney should suit our team to the tee. Can we do it against the Aussies and reach another final? :nervous: It's the hope that kills.

Sylar

Haha, feck off Rubel. 1 more wicket needed.

Got a semi for the semis :D

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Too easy for India as I expected.

Never expected India to be so clinical and professional. It's like watching another team.

Still not confident with our batting. Virat's has looked patchy through out the tournament despite the hundred against Pakistan. He needs to come to the party next game.

Sydney should suit our team to the tee. Can we do it against the Aussies and reach another final? :nervous: It's the hope that kills.
Ganguly is such a cocky guy. Hope Australia knock them out in the semi.
I still have hope for Pakistan. In that there is a part of me that agrees with what @Dumbstar says.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Commentators really wanted Kohli to get involved there.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
We've been pretty much perfect this tournament so far. Which probably means we are due a massive feck up in the semis

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Ganguly is such a cocky guy. Hope Australia knock them out in the semi.
Yes.. he has been a bit insufferable. Was talking about us beating Zimbabwe in 40 overs the other day and today was commenting on out 'win' even before Bangladesh had batted.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
The result was in little doubt once we won the toss. It was sealed when we scored 300.

Saw him on Headlines today last night and he went with 95-5 in favor of India. Which I don't think was outrageous at all. Bangladesh were never going to beat us barring a colossal feck up from our guys.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I still have hope for Pakistan. In that there is a part of me that agrees with what @Dumbstar says.
:lol:

The Pakistani dressing room will be buzzing now! They can smell the moola.

Only one thing beats Cornered Tigers and that's Selfish, Greedy Desperate Dogs!! FTW! ;)

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol:

The Pakistani dressing room will be buzzing now! They can smell the moola.

Only one thing beats Cornered Tigers and that's Selfish, Greedy Desperate Dogs!! FTW! ;)
13 years of wumming and still not banned.

#Respect.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is it surprising that India are in the semis? When I asked before the WC, quite a few were suggesting they would be out in the QFs. And are we playing either Aus or Pak in the semis?

MDFC Manager

Is it surprising that India are in the semis? When I asked before the WC, quite a few were suggesting they would be out in the QFs. And are we playing either Aus or Pak in the semis?
Let's be honest, before the tournament, we really were piss poor. Getting to the semis isn't a big surprise, given the tournament format. The clinical performances are a surprise though

The answer to the question is yes. We face the winner of tomorrows game