ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

MDFC Manager

Two double hundreds this tournament so far. Anyone called that? Warner could easily have had one as well

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Sammy there on Boult's last ball :lol:

Very likeable the West Indians. Always have been. Shame they are not so good at playing anymore.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
West Indies beat Martin Guptill by 1 wicket. First and only upset of the quarter finals.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I have nothing but admiration for this NZ team. True professionals. Hope they go all the way.

shabz

Cricket is just too much of a batsman's game now. I feel sorry for the bowlers. This world cup has proved it over and over again, I think there needs to be some adjustments to the rules in order to make it a but more competitive again.

Rednotdead

Cricket is just too much of a batsman's game now. I feel sorry for the bowlers. This world cup has proved it over and over again, I think there needs to be some adjustments to the rules in order to make it a but more competitive again.
Haha - you posted that just as I was in the middle of composing this :

"The 50 over game has actually just become boring. For 20/20 read 50/50. It's just a game of who can smash the ball the hardest and there's absolutely nothing in the game for bowlers. There's absolutely no justification for any batting powerplays now."

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
World Cup has largely been crap. Too many one sided pointless games. Unless ICC gives bowlers something to work with (bring back the old ball and reverse swing, reduce power plays), 50-over cricket will die.

Moonred

A bowler terrorizing a batsman and a batsman eventually overcoming it is so much better viewing than a batsman smashing the feck out of everything.

Rednotdead

World Cup has largely been crap. Too many one sided pointless games. Unless ICC gives bowlers something to work with (bring back the old ball and reverse swing, reduce power plays), 50-over cricket will die.
Yes, far too many teams to start with. It took 5 weeks to get to any meaningful games.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
A batsman who could barely walk scores 60+ runs against a top bowling attack... It just shouldn't be possible, even if that man is Gayle. Not necessarily ICC's fault, mind. Yet just shows how much batsmen dominate.

Rednotdead

A bowler terrorizing a batsman and a batsman eventually overcoming it is so much better viewing than a batsman smashing the feck out of everything.
Agreed. World class bowlers being made to look like clueless idiots and Finn being made to look like...............Finn :lol:

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Yes, far too many teams to start with. It took 5 weeks to get to any meaningful games.
That's more to do with poor scheduling. To maximise revenue they scheduled all of India's games on the weekend and we saw a prolonged group stage. Ideally we should have four groups or at least two games every day. But that's not great for commercial interests. So no deal.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Oh how many times has 300+ been chased this WC?
I think 3 times. Some other scores were run close a couple of times and India/NZ chased down 280+ but in general bat first, put up a score and win has definitely been a theme of this WC.

Spoony

The People's President
Pointless being a bowler thesedays. Why don't teams play 7 batsmen and 4 bowling machines? Save a lot of man power...