ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So I was out by 5 balls.

Sorry mess are England. Kinell.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
I knew I had made the right decision not to follow this.

England have turned from heros to zeros in the space of 18 months or so and I doubt very much we will turn it round like the Aussies did.
Sack all the coaches and get Dizzy Gillespie in.

Also :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Should be India vs Bangladesh baring any more upsets and wash outs.

Djemba-Djemba

I knew I had made the right decision not to follow this.

England have turned from heros to zeros in the space of 18 months or so and I doubt very much we will turn it round like the Aussies did.
It's pretty incredible isn't it.

Over the last 18 months I keep thinking ah so this is rock bottom, and then we sink even lower. Nothing will change though, probably sack KP again.

The state of English cricket.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Clueless lower order.Shame.
Lower order are the only reason why England got so close! That were two pretty good yorkers as well. You can't blame tail-enders for this, the batsmen have to cop for this defeat.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Oh dear, the English media is going to rip them to shreds. I'd like to know Boycott thinks about this!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Knives are out boys, England copped it from the moment Bell and Root decided to take any semblance of pressure off.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Lower order are the only reason why England got so close! That were two pretty good yorkers as well. You can't blame tail-enders for this, the batsmen have to cop for this defeat.
Morgan has been a disaster (I been reading on here that he's not good enough for the past few years, couldn't believe when he got the gig). I would have preferred if we had stuck with Cook, might at least give some solidity along the way.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Morgan has been a disaster (I been reading on here that he's not good enough for the past few years, couldn't believe when he got the gig). I would have preferred if we had stuck with Cook, might at least give some solidity along the way.
Yeah.. he has to resign from captaincy now. I don't think Cook is the answer either.

FlawlessThaw

Problem isn't the captaincy, Cook would have just played the same role as Morgan in the end. There is something inherently wrong with the England set up and if we're being honest the squad never looked right from the moment it was picked.

Mani

You mean lower middle order, yes .I though Board could have played sensibly,was he the player compared with legend Ian Botham?

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah if we kept Cook it would have made no difference. Results would have been just as embarrassing.

It's that awful, I really don't know what we could do to improve. The entire set up is completely rotten, it's going to takes years to sort this mess out.

Who out of that England line up deserves to be picked for the next game? Buttler?

In the last t20 WC we were already out by the final group game, we lost to Holland and that was the end of Giles. Maybe we'll need to lose to Afghanistan for Moores to go.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
TV are replaying the scenes from the final wicket. As the Bangladeshi players rejoiced, Joe Root - sitting alongside coach Peter Moores - blew a bubble with the green gum in his mouth. It inflated briefly, then popped and flattened against his lips. A fitting metaphor, for England's run chase, and indeed their entire World Cup.

FlawlessThaw

I dont think you can compare any part of england in this WC to the gum inflating.
Was going to say the same thing England have been dreadful from the off.

Hot air spread by the barmy army?
Since you're down under, you may see things differently but was there any hot air from the Barmy Army? Most England fans I know had very low expectations from this England side (qualify to the Quarters and get beat by South Africa/India) which they have failed to meet.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
England have a habit of stinking up World Cups with their mediocrity, whether it's Rugby, Football or Cricket.
That's a bit harsh. Even though I can't stand egg chasing, even I have to admit England usually do well in the World Cup. Let's also not forget it wasn't too long ago England won the T/20 World Cup.

However, you are spot on about the one day World Cup and the Football World Cup.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
England have always been about 5 years behind in the shorter forms of the game.

Thing is as long as England are competing well in test cricket I don't think the people that run the game are too bothered by ODIs. Seems like most of the time ODIs are treated like an irritant more than anything.

Then a World Cup will come around, England will perform poorly and there will be panic and inquests. Nothing of note will be done, and we'll rinse and repeat 4 years later.