ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
England have always been about 5 years behind in the shorter forms of the game.

Thing is as long as England are competing well in test cricket I don't think the people that run the game are too bothered by ODIs. Seems like most of the time ODIs are treated like an irritant more than anything.

Then a World Cup will come around, England will perform poorly and there will be panic and inquests. Nothing of note will be done, and we'll rinse and repeat 4 years later.
Which is probably why Moores won't get the sack until England lose to the Aussies in the summer.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Which we certainly will, and probably lose it badly too.
Naah in tests you do just about fine. Familiar conditions at home, Anderson-Broad will get ball swinging and England will be tough challenge for Australia. Australia might nick it but England won't be thrashed I think.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Before the WC actually started, I thought England had a pretty good team. Still think the same btw, don't know how the feck they've messed up so badly.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Before the WC actually started, I thought England had a pretty good team. Still think the same btw, don't know how the feck they've messed up so badly.
I don't agree. If you look around at the best ODI teams in the tournament, they all have "power-players" i.e. guys who can take the game away from the opponent in a short period of time. McCullum, Anderson and Ronchi (to some extent) for NZ, Maxwell, Warner and Finch for Australia, Kohli, Dhawan, Raina and Dhoni for India, De Villiers, Miller and Amla for South Africa, and Sanga, Dilshan and Perera for Sri Lanka. Which player in the England team falls into that category? Hales? Butler? Both, in my opinion, are too inexperienced. The one player who England need is not there for obvious reasons.

One day cricket is advancing by the year, England are still frozen in the late 90's.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't agree. If you look around at the best ODI teams in the tournament, they all have "power-players" i.e. guys who can take the game away from the opponent in a short period of time. McCullum, Anderson and Ronchi (to some extent) for NZ, Maxwell, Warner and Finch for Australia, Kohli, Dhawan, Raina and Dhoni for India, De Villiers, Miller and Amla for South Africa, and Sanga, Dilshan and Perera for Sri Lanka. Which player in the England team falls into that category? Hales? Butler? Both, in my opinion, are too inexperienced. The one player who England need is not there for obvious reasons.

One day cricket is advancing by the year, England are still frozen in the late 90's.
Morgan and Buttler can both take away the game from opposition. Moeen, Bell, Hales, Root, Morgan, Taylor, Buttler etc are a very good one day batting lineup tbh. The only change in England's XI is that maybe you could've dropped Jordan and picked Tredwell who's pretty decent in limited over cricket.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Morgan and Buttler can both take away the game from opposition. Moeen, Bell, Hales, Root, Morgan, Taylor, Buttler etc are a very good one day batting lineup tbh. The only change in England's XI is that maybe you could've dropped Jordan and picked Tredwell who's pretty decent in limited over cricket.
Yeah, I completely forgot about Morgan, which is probably due to his lackluster form.

To be honest, if I were an opposition bowler, I don't think I'd fear England's batting line up, at all. Gone are the days of Trescothick, Pietersen, Flintoff etc. Guys who were made for the one day arena.

kotha

Woah. They are actually out of the WC. Incredible when you consider the format.
Ya.. To think I thought there was no chance of an upset.. If Ireland can defeat Pak,the it would be one minnow through from both sides of the group..

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Well, shocking yet again, but at least i can relax and enjoy the rest of the tournament. I think the whole national game needs a huge overhaul and i am fecking dreading the ashes.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I just find it hard to believe that someone thought that it was a good idea to chase under lights in a must win game

Kazi

As far as I'm concerned, the toss is irrelevant, batting second is irrelevant. We should be chasing 275 against Bangladesh in favourable conditions with ease.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
As far as I'm concerned, the toss is irrelevant, batting second is irrelevant. We should be chasing 275 against Bangladesh in favourable conditions with ease.
Yeap. Bangla were most definitely 30 runs short on that pitch. There is simply no excuse for English batsmen not to chase this down.

MJJ

Hoping for rain in South Africa's and Sri Lanka 's next games. And for us to beat Ireland. Weird thing is the last one is the one am least sure about :lol:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hoping for rain in South Africa's and Sri Lanka 's next games. And for us to beat Ireland. Weird thing is the last one is the one am least sure about :lol:
I think the win vs SA must have given Pakistan a lot of confidence. I seriously can't see them screwing up now. Plus Pakistan bowling is actually very good and Ireland will have tough time facing so many left arm seamers. Pakistan just have to be sensible while batting. To me, Ireland's strength is their batting. If your bowlers can get on top there, match is yours.

MJJ

I think the win vs SA must have given Pakistan a lot of confidence. I seriously can't see them screwing up now. Plus Pakistan bowling is actually very good and Ireland will have tough time facing so many left arm seamers. Pakistan just have to be sensible while batting. To me, Ireland's strength is their batting. If your bowlers can get on top there, match is yours.
If, and it's a big if, we drop younis for Harris Sohail and play yasir shah we would do very well. I would even push akmal up a spot or two, while having misbah come at five or later so he can just slog away. That would make us an infinitely better side but our management is full of idiots so let's see. Am a lot more hopeful now than at any time of the wc though.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
If, and it's a big if, we drop younis for Harris Sohail and play yasir shah we would do very well. I would even push akmal up a spot or two, while having misbah come at five or later so he can just slog away. That would make us an infinitely better side but our management is full of idiots so let's see. Am a lot more hopeful now than at any time of the wc though.
Come on now, let's just not post anything silly. We will, if we win the game.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Just seen Piers Morgan's twitter feed

:lol:

NinjaFletch

Hopefully its the end of Moores. Got everything wrong from the day the tournament started and I've not been impressed with him at all in tests
either. Might as well have stuck with Flower if Moores is the best we can get.

It should also be the end of a few of the players, too, in this format.

Bell is finished as a one day player and Broad was finished about 2 years ago. Anderson's probably got it in him to carry on, but at 32 its probably better to manage his workload and let him just play Tests where he's the far more accomplished player. Morgan's good enough and young enough to come back but he's been in woeful touch for a while and deserves to be dropped too.

I know its going to be met with ire because he's a 'nurdler' but Jonathan Trott needs to be back in this side, having a player to bat through and players to play around was always a sound idea but for some reason England decided Cook and Bell (who have barely played an ininings of note between them in about 3 years) when you're talking about a player who averages higher than Sangakkara (at a comparable strike right too) he needs to play.

Ali, Hales, Trott, Root, Taylor, Bopara, Buttler, Woakes (who should be given the new ball and bowled out immediately), Jordan, Treadwell + 1 seamer

There's still a lot of good players missing out of that side (mostly batsmen tbf) they just need to be freed up and allowed to actually play their cricket.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Broad has become an absolute joke of a batsmen. I'd trust Munaf Patel more to save himself and get the non-striker on to bat.

That was just bizarre by England after being in a decent position with 40 runs to get from 30 balls. Most teams would have got over the line against this Bangladesh team, possibly even Ireland.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Brave battlers from a small nation almost overcome team from a country with twice the population.

NinjaFletch

Interesting to see Paul Downton assure Moores of his job.

I suspect its an assurance that he's not actually able to give for too long.

Acole9

Outstanding
Still baffled as to why he was given the job back in the first place. The ECB have to take a large chunk of the blame.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Ireland can get through if they win this one, right?