ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

AshRK

Agree with this, especially since the pitches in this WC have been very flat, offering nothing much to the bowlers. I think India should drop Jadhav and play Jadeja at #7, the winning formula in this WC has been to bat first, score 300+ and then contain the opposition, forcing them to take risks and in the process getting dismissed. Jadeja can bowl those quick tight overs and is a better fielder. Also he can hit them long. If Jadhav is playing, he should be playing at #4 or something, no point having him at #6 or #7. If the top 4 can set a platform, Dhoni Pandya Pant finishing off the innings will be a sight to behold
The issue with dropping Jadhav is that would make our batting a bit weak. I really like Jadeja considering he is a top fielder and he is a quality bowler. I still don't rate him to be a dependable batsmen or a great hitter so if we by chance are 50-4 then we might be in trouble. Also, Jadhav can be more than a decent bowler if used properly. The big issue with Pant is his fielding. I really hope he improves his fielding. Also, would be a tad unfair dropping Shankar but cannot see him getting picked ahead of Pant. Some good selection headache for Kohli and the management. I hope they do not do lot of changing and chopping.

Sanche7

The issue with dropping Jadhav is that would make our batting a bit weak. I really like Jadeja considering he is a top fielder and he is a quality bowler. I still don't rate him to be a dependable batsmen or a great hitter so if we by chance are 50-4 then we might be in trouble. Also, Jadhav can be more than a decent bowler if used properly. The big issue with Pant is his fielding. I really hope he improves his fielding. Also, would be a tad unfair dropping Shankar but cannot see him getting picked ahead of Pant. Some good selection headache for Kohli and the management. I hope they do not do lot of changing and chopping.
ICC World Cup 2019: Vijay Shankar suffers injury scare, skips training

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.time...e-skips-training/amp_articleshow/69873064.cms

diarm

Batsman gave up there. He could definitely have made it but have up before the fielder had even thrown the ball.

Moby

Dick
Shakib has been playin some really good cricket this WC.
Should get a 150 here.

Tigers have done well to negotiate the first spell without much damage and at a reasonable run rate. They need to target the weak Aussie middle overs bowling to the fullest.

AshRK

Have to say Aussie's bowling line up is being overrated. Stoinis is not good enough to bowl full quota of 10 overs and not concede 70 plus. Couter Nile doesn't seem that threatening and Zampa blows hot and cold. Bowling wise India are the best just because we have two wicket taking wrist spinners. Batting wise Englad look the best and then Australia= India look similar on batting strength.

Moby

Dick
Need to target these middle over bowlers for 8-9 RPO minimum, forcing Starc and Cummins to bowl in 30-40 over span and leaving the last 10 overs with weakers bowlers where 10+ RPO can be chased.

JohnnyKills

What was Starc's celebration all about?

The Aussies really don't help themselves do they.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What was Starc's celebration all about?

The Aussies really don't help themselves do they.
Came here to ask the same thing, guess he's just being a twat.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Good point from Clarke about the 6's. 1 from Bangladesh vs. Australia getting 10. Bangladesh deserve credit though for keeping up with the same pace Australia had, but you know that Australia will bowl better at the death.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Thinking about some of the largest chases, teams tend to always stay around the required. Banking on the last 10-15 rarely works.

AshRK

Great to see Bangladesh showing more heart and passion than SA and Pak. They should have beaten NZ, that was their chance. Anyways they should focus on finishing as high as possible this WC and look to build for the next WC.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bangladesh's best bet might be hoping NZ drop against West Indies and/or Pakistan and then hope to beat India at the last game for both hoping India have an off game having already qualified.

Last edited: