ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Exciting end to this match. Come on Windies!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ah, I don't think the Windies are going to get there...

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
On top of that the man is a freak of nature. Like someone said here, he may be inconsistent at times, but he's the kind of guy you will any day have on your side in any competition as he's gonna do something productive for you either ways and the final delta would always be positive. Just an absolute naturally gifted powerful athlete.
The mans a tank, I’d almost give him a spot in the team purely for his fielding some days.

I bet if you were playing a more physical game like rugby or even football he’d be a right bastard too, just get that vibe he’d be the type to try and leave one on you

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
So Indian fans XI for tomorrow?
I'd go with
Rohit Pant Kohli Rahul Dhoni DK Pandya Kulcha Shami Bumrah
If the pitch is the same, meaning one side shorter boundary again, then we will drop a spinner for sure if Bhuvi is fit.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
India definitely threw that match. Only logical conclusion IMO. Whether Waqar of all people should be stating it is a different topic of question but if I was Indian, I'd be embarrassed after that game.

AshRK

India definitely threw that match. Only logical conclusion IMO. Whether Waqar of all people should be stating it is a different topic of question but if I was Indian, I'd be embarrassed after that game.
India throwing the match doesn't make sense considering facing a rejuvenated england would be much tough than a rejuvenated Pakistan in semifinals. I agree that India's strategy was bad and had no proper planning. Frustrating Loss.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
To be honest India only threw that match because of Bairstow's comments pre-game. No wonder Dhoni couldn't cope towards the end. Only logical conclusion IMO.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
India throwing the match doesn't make sense considering facing a rejuvenated england would be much tough than a rejuvenated Pakistan in semifinals. I agree that India's strategy was bad and had no proper planning. Frustrating Loss.
I completely agree with that assessment but it can be the only explanation for what we saw the other day - it was downright bizarre to think that was India being serious about a run chase. The merits of taking such a course of action are very questionable as I am sure majority of us agree that you'd rather leave Pakistan in the competition from an Indian perspective but there is no doubt that match was thrown. I think the NRR factor might have played a role in ensuring India secures a safe passage through or maybe the sheer hatred of Pakistan came into the decision making.. but whatever it was, no way did India try their best in that game towards the end.

FlawlessThaw

I completely agree with that assessment but it can be the only explanation for what we saw the other day - it was downright bizarre to think that was India being serious about a run chase. The merits of taking such a course of action are very questionable as I am sure majority of us agree that you'd rather leave Pakistan in the competition from an Indian perspective but there is no doubt that match was thrown. I think the NRR factor might have played a role in ensuring India secures a safe passage through or maybe the sheer hatred of Pakistan came into the decision making.. but whatever it was, no way did India try their best in that game towards the end.
No Doubt?! I mean surely there has to be a little doubt since they just finished 30 runs behind.

Also India were pretty much on track with England's score until Pandya got out. The game got away from India towards the end because the players left remaining weren't good enough not because there is absolutely no doubt they decided to collectively get together and throw the match away.

AshRK

If we actually did that ( which I seriously doubt) then we are stupid to so such petty thing considering beating england would be much tough. I think it was more to do with a stupid planning which backfired.

And also we have to give credit england especially the innings by their openers which was breathtaking so it is wrong to not give them credit and say India threw away the match.

FlawlessThaw

If we actually did that ( which I seriously doubt) then we are stupid to so such petty thing considering beating england would be much tough. I think it was more to do with a stupid planning which backfired.
Not if India threw the match away. Kohli might be counting all the cash right now for losing and know that his team would have chased down 338 quite easily despite it being around 50 runs more than any other ODI chase in Edgbaston's history and the fact that England have won their last 10 matches there.