ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

dbs235

Root gone, not a bad thing in these circumstances really. Unless we suddenly collapse of course :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Interesting review.

England will win this & the top 4 most predicted will be the semi-finalists.

Sanche7

Gulp, is Buttler coming in next? 20 overs of Buttler and NZ might have to chase like a 1000 runs
Edit - Yes, he is

AshRK

Bairstow and Roy are class openers and one big reason for England dominating the ODI cricket for last 2 years. Bairstow also became much popular in India after his IPL stint. If India and Australia do not find a way to get their openers out quickly then beating England will become that much difficult.

Djemba-Djemba

Bairstow and Roy are class openers and one big reason for England dominating the ODI cricket for last 2 years. Bairstow also became much popular in India after his IPL stint. If India and Australia do not find a way to get their openers out quickly then beating England will become that much difficult.
I didn't know that, that's cool.

How well did he do?

AshRK

I didn't know that, that's cool.

How well did he do?
His and Warner's opening combo was deadly. If I remember correctly he even managed to score a century or two. Him leaving early affected Hyderabad big time. Won't be surprised if he comes back again next year and stays for the good length of the tournament.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Just like yours is right now? :nervous:
I hate how ODI cricket has become and I've whined about it before in this thread. Bairstow crying just exemplifies that, bowlers should also start whining that pitches have become shite.

Sanche7

Am I the only one who feels Baristow and Jesse Tyler Ferguson look very similar? I always get reminded of JTF when I see Barstow

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Fair play to NZ, they've stuck at it. It's up to the likes of Buttler/Morgan/Stokes to punish them.

Djemba-Djemba

Commentators saying Plunkett in instead of Moeen lengthens the tail.

Hmm, not even sure about that these days. Think I'd rather have Plunkett come in to bat than current Moeen.

PoTMS

FFS. Buttler has been dreadul this tournament. Up to Stokes now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Commentators saying Plunkett in instead of Moeen lengthens the tail.

Hmm, not even sure about that these days. Think I'd rather have Plunkett come in to bat than current Moeen.
Strengthens England in all three departments. Moeen is rubbish.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
England have cocked this up now. Straight fight between them and Pak now.. this is going to be a close run thing. Root needs to bat down the order in ODI's from now on.. he is a momentum killer on the big stage in ODI.. a class below Kane, Virat, Steve and Babar Azam.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
England have cocked this up now. Straight fight between them and Pak now.. this is going to be a close run thing. Root needs to bat down the order in ODI's from now on.. he is a momentum killer on the big stage in ODI.. a class below Kane, Virat, Steve and Babar Azam.
Babar Azam and Steve Smith aren't better odi batsman than Root. Babar Azam needs to do a lot of work to be counted amongst the other four.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Babar Azam and Steve Smith aren't better odi batsman than Root. Babar Azam needs to do a lot of work to be counted amongst the other four.
They are IMO. The stats won't back it up but right here right now if a big game was on the line I'd back them to anchor the innings but keep scoreboard ticking better than Root and hold their nerve to get a big score.

Kohli is tier 1.

Williamson Tier 2.

Babar and Smith Tier 3.

Smith has had time out so he's understandably rusty but he's a true big game player even in ODI.

KM

They are IMO. The stats won't back it up but right here right now if a big game was on the line I'd back them to anchor the innings but keep scoreboard ticking better than Root and hold their nerve to get a big score.
Smith I can understand(due to his test match class) but what has Azam done in a big match for you to make the statement.

I think Root is underrated quite a lot due to the flashiness of other English batsman.

KM

Stoke out. England collapsing

PoTMS

England wobbling here. Need to get to 300 or we'll be in big trouble.

AshRK

This is good death bowling much better than what India did other day. Santner is trying to control things rather than just looking for wickets like CHahal did the other day and as Stokes patience ran out he gets out. Now Nz need ot make sure they don't let this slip and try to restrict Eng. Having said that I cannot see NZ chasing anything beyond 280 let alone 300, unless Guptill decides to show up which I doubt.

KM

Honestly it's tough to even chase 300 in this world cup.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Smith I can understand(due to his test match class) but what has Azam done in a big match for you to make the statement.

I think Root is underrated quite a lot due to the flashiness of other English batsman.
Azam is based on his potential. He's going to prove to be a better ODI player for me. He's had to carry that Pakistan batting lineup and he's done pretty well but been unlucky not to convert it into more centuries whereas Root has been a hindrance in recent games.

MJJ

Kohli is tier 1.

Williamson Tier 2.

Babar and Smith Tier 3.

Smith has had time out so he's understandably rusty but he's a true big game player even in ODI.
I would have babar near the likes of Rohit Sharma, Stokes, Shakib. He hasn't reached that level yet, needs to start converting his good starts into 80/100. Kohli went up a level around this age so hopefully he does the same.

Was pretty good against New Zealand tbf.

Old Ma Crow

Looks like a tight game if NZ can continue to contain England, if their batsmen click.

KM

England have gone into quite a meltdown in the last fifteen overs.