g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Fully Fledged

I dont have anything agaisnt English cricket but the fact English media is framing these rain impacted days as "Ah well we couldn't predict it such is the game. Doesnt matter though does it!".

On top of that I'm against these flat pancake pitches that ruin the game for me and this current English team really benefits from that.
You do realise that NZ are 132-6? How is that a flat pancake pitch?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Maybe we'll get Kohli moaning about the boundary being too short and then getting caught trying to clear it again.
The person you're replying to is Pakistani. You're becoming a bit obsessed with Kohli comments though. Think for some reason he has managed to wound you up and the rest of English here :lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Reserve days are a bit of a no brainer really, you wouldn’t have even needed many to sort it out.

KM

Would be hilarious to see the excuses if they lose again.
Same for England I reckon. There will be a lot of England were number one in ODI for two years garbage like you lot were sprouting when you lose to Lanka.

Djemba-Djemba

The person you're replying to is Pakistani. You're becoming a bit obsessed with Kohli comments though. Think for some reason he has managed to wound you up and the rest of English here :lol:
It made me laugh, especially as we'd just won.

TheGame

Its because you see a number of other people moaning about England and their pitches yet forgetting Kohli is moaning about stuff like this. Its the hypocrisy. Personally it was quite funny.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
If someone other than Gulbadin had bowled, Pakistan would have probably lost that game. Ifs, buts and all that.
Right, compare wrong decisions in a game vs an actual rained out game. It's all the same :lol: Let's take it a step further. If Stokes wasn't talented England would likely not win their game too :lol:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Let's play another game. Lets not play the world cup and split the trophy among all nations since you csnt say if Bolivia had a cricket team they wouldnt be performing well.
Yeah I'm fine with the idea of reserve matches, got no issues with that. Probably should have been decided prior to the World Cup though, I imagine Pakistan's petition for those fell on deaf ears.

KM

Its because you see a number of other people moaning about England and their pitches yet forgetting Kohli is moaning about stuff like this. Its the hypocrisy. Personally it was quite funny.
Even Bairstow was complaining about the pitches, so according to your logic even you're an hypocrite for laughing at kohli for moaning.

There's nothing hypocrisy here. People can laugh at whoever they want.

Fully Fledged

Personally I found it funny. It never wound me up at all.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
You do realise that NZ are 132-6? How is that a flat pancake pitch?
Are you serious? NZ batting has been shit throughout bar a single batsman. They won almost all their matches due to their bowling unit. This pitch was pretty flat and for all the abuse India got the other day, at least we managed to cross 300 in second innings.

MJJ

If someone other than Gulbadin had bowled, Pakistan would have probably lost that game. Ifs, buts and all that.
You dont know that for sure as demonstrated by the would have and probably. What we do know is that we wont be at 11 points if there was a reserve day for the Sri lanka game.

KM

I think ICC have do something about the ODI format though. Correct me if I'm wrong but England, Australia and India haven't lost a match where they have batted first. The toss shouldn't play such a big role in result.

TheGame

Even Bairstow was complaining about the pitches, so according to your logic even you're an hypocrite for laughing at kohli for moaning.

Kohli compared the boundary of the pitch while scoring 27 in the first 10 overs. If the boundary was so small, why did they only score 1 six in the entire innings. The criticism after the game and a go at an excuse was laughable.

Bairstow was just having a massive moan. England havent lost because of pitches, they've lost in the games they have because they have been shite.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Personally I found it funny. It never wound me up at all.
BTW, you can't suddenly dig a hole in the pitch before the game and tell the opposition "oi if I'm playing on it so will you be so we're fair here right".

An extreme example to portray that "you had the same boundary" isn't a valid reply to what Kohli said. Whether he was right or wrong and if a shortened boundary matters that much, I don't know.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Bizarre that English fans have any issues with people labelling the team flat track bullies when Bairstow himself confirmed that to be the case.

TheGame

I think ICC have do something about the ODI format though. Correct me if I'm wrong but England, Australia and India haven't lost a match where they have batted first. The toss shouldn't play such a big role in result.
How can you determine that is not down to the pressure of chasing and it is up to teams batting second to play better?

KM

Kohli compared the boundary of the pitch while scoring 27 in the first 10 overs. If the boundary was so small, why did they only score 1 six in the entire innings. The criticism after the game and a go at an excuse was laughable.

Bairstow was just having a massive moan. England havent lost because of pitches, they've lost in the games they have because they have been shite.
The mental gymnastics you've used in the post are fantastic :lol:
Christ.

KM

How can you determine that is not down to the pressure of chasing and it is up to teams batting second to play better?
Do you mean to say that England are mentally weak in WC when it comes to chasing cos they've chased a lot of big totals before in ODIS?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Tension growing in here. Just hope Aussies win their last game so we get another Eng-Ind and send this thread into overdrive.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
They should do something fun like a bowl off and if you win you get to choose to bat or bowl. At least you’d earn the right then.

KM

Tension growing in here. Just hope Aussies win their last game so we get another Eng-Ind and send this thread into overdrive.
It's just a shame that you Pakistani fans won't be able to indulge in the SF banter :p

TheGame

Do you mean to say that England are mentally weak in WC when it comes to chasing cos they've chased a lot of big totals before in ODIS?
Yes, I think the pressure does get to them. They should have chased the SL total off but they succumb to pressure and produce brain farts. Seems to be tournament pressure.

KM

Yes, I think the pressure does get to them. They should have chased the SL total off but they succumb to pressure and produce brain farts. Seems to be tournament pressure.
I don't think so to be fair. They're all experienced players. Regardless, the pressure in the India match was far higher than what it was against Lanka. If they had to choke then they'd have done it against India.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Yeah that is definitely a factor. We came into the tournament with the preference from both the English and Indian captains to bowl first and chase. Now that has been flipped on it's head.

TheGame

You dont know that for sure as demonstrated by the would have and probably. What we do know is that we wont be at 11 points if there was a reserve day for the Sri lanka game.
I'm in agreement that there should have been rain days but that kind of stuff should have been sorted out before by the ICC.

AJ10

:lol::lol:

TheGame

I don't think so to be fair. They're all experienced players. Regardless, the pressure in the India match was far higher than what it was against Lanka. If they had to choke then they'd have done it against India.
There's no logic to our collapses, test cricket should have shown anyone that.