ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

zing

Zingle balls
Am I the only one who thought dhoni batted well?.. except maybe the last over he played.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
The obvious path forward from here is for India to install Manjrekar as selector.

prateik

Am I the only one who thought dhoni batted well?.. except maybe the last over he played.
Yes.
He had a gap of around 30 balls between runs/balls faced when Jadeja got out.. strike rate of around 55.

If he had scored 10 more runs till then, or had shown any indication of taking risks/going for shots, Jadeja wouldnt have had to force the issue..

Jadeja did brilliantly.. Dhoni gave him no support.. Kept piling the pressure on him.

AshRK

The problem is Kohli and Shastri have too much power and if someone challenge them, it could be a revolt. I cannot see anyone removing Kohli from the captaincy in limited over formats unless he himself decides to.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Had Pant not been an absolute idiot today, we might have come much closer than we did.
Jadeja man, what a brilliant player. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side today. Such a clutch performance.
Well done to New Zealand though. That bowling attack is absolutely ace.

Cloud7

You just know NZ are gonna roll over for Australia if they meet in the final. They have a serious Everton - Liverpool thing going on there. For the good of the tournament and a worthwhile final, come on England!

MDFC Manager

Like I said earlier it only looks decent because Jadeja played absolutely out of his skin. In isolation it was another poor innings. Maybe you could class it as good if it came off the bat of Bhuvi or such.

prateik

Ganguly talking out of his ass defending Dhoni here.
It saddens me.

Dhoni didnt plan that chase.. The way he was playing, we would have been out of the content with 10 overs to go.. He would have done another England and finished not out with us ending at 200-8.

The only reason we got close is because Jadeja played a blinder.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
India's like the PSG of cricket.
For all the resources they have (massive talent pool, richest board, world class/best T20 league and influx of money) they still won't win the world cup.
Think there's some bottling going on there imo. Money does make a big difference btw. Turning raw talents like Bumrah, Kohli etc into the world class complete packages they are today involves player development.

Idk what you mean by circumstance. Either way, if New Zealend win the world cup, is it not more impressive than India winning it? I think it is. A team like India not making top 4 would be a proper disaster.

@Di Maria's angel

I got shat on for making the PSG comparisons but I think this is a good moment for me to point that out.

TheGame

I don’t think he batted well. If he wanted to play the anchor which I assume he was doing, he should have rotated the strike moreand kept the scoreboard to ticking. This would have relieved the pressure.

Last edited:

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
India - welcome to what it feels like being a Pakistan fan.
The difference is you lot had tempered expectations to begin with. Ours was dashed from a higher ledge. Man it hurts.

On a different note, I loved backing India in this world cup. It felt so nice after following United the last season.

MDFC Manager

Had Pant not been an absolute idiot today, we might have come much closer than we did.
Jadeja man, what a brilliant player. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side today. Such a clutch performance.
Well done to New Zealand though. That bowling attack is absolutely ace.
Why blame Pant? Ffs look at the absolute state of the shots played by the players who are much more experienced.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yes.
He had a gap of around 30 balls between runs/balls faced when Jadeja got out.. strike rate of around 55.

If he had scored 10 more runs till then, or had shown any indication of taking risks/going for shots, Jadeja wouldnt have had to force the issue..

Jadeja did brilliantly.. Dhoni gave him no support.. Kept piling the pressure on him.
Exactly, his slow trash innings cost us in the end.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Why blame Pant? Ffs look at the absolute state of the shots played by the players who are much more experienced.
It was a stupid shot. Absolutely unnecessary at that point and he was very well settled. Had he stuck around, Jadeja and him could have brought this home.
But anyhow, small margins and all that.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Dhoni batted perfectly for how a 4/5 should have batted , for some strange reason he came to bat at 7. India winning this world cup would have been bad from a management and team building point of view. Shastri & Kohli did a terrible job for the last few years and individual brilliance was overshadowing that

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Great result, well done New Zealand.

India were always too reliant on their big two batsmen this tournament, no one else really did anything and it was really exposed today.

Member 39557

England India are two well deserving teams. That said India would have finished first had the NZ game gone through and now theres a risk they may get out in the semis. Theres just too much left on conditions.

Nz doesnt deserve to be in the semis
I see some post knockout blues kicking in :lol:

Relax. The point is no one knows who deserves what until matches are played.

zing

Zingle balls
I thought pant played beautifully till he got out. cnut threw it away