g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
*waits for some clown to call Indian fans delusional now after di Maria angel post*
I mean if the group stages were shortened and we had more KOs then yeah I'd say I was wrong. But what the hell was the point of 9 GS games?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Indian exits are always great fun on here :lol:

"We deserved to win the tournament because we won the groups"
"We won the group so should have had two chances to reach the final like in the IPL"

Skills

Snitch
He's not like Messi who's leagues ahead of everyone else. Williamson and Rohit aren't much behind.
Yeah they are. Kohlis already arguably the best ODI batsman of all time - 3rd best at worst behind Viv and Sachin. Nobody else in the current era makes the top 10. Williamson certainly doesn't.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I mean if the group stages were shortened and we had more KOs then yeah I'd say I was wrong. But what the hell was the point of 9 GS games?
You said we deserved to win the world cup. We lost in SF. Both of things don't compute.

KM

"We won the group so should have had two chances to reach the final like in the IPL"
Literally only one person is saying that.

When most of us were criticising the team when we were winning, this thread was all about how Indians fans love to moan etc. And now it's the complete opposite and it's about how we are delusional etc or something of that sort. Pick a side ffs.

Zlatattack

The difference is you lot had tempered expectations to begin with. Ours was dashed from a higher ledge. Man it hurts.

On a different note, I loved backing India in this world cup. It felt so nice after following United the last season.
No no no - we always expect to win the tournament. I don't know why, we don't check form/stats anything, just expect to win. Foolish i know.

Then when the team wins a game, it just helps re-affirm that belief. Then when they lose, they always flop dismally. It's the dismal flop you guys will relate too. Apart from Jadeyja - rest were rubbish.

AshRK

Only one person said that and to which almost 3 or 4 indian fans have responded and ridiculed the post, but hey let us generalize all the indian fans.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They should have a 3rd place play off so India can win something I guess

MDFC Manager

Kohli looked completely distraught in that press conference.

Only has himself to blame for it though. He got everything that he wanted in his team, despite some of it defying logic.

rotherham_red

Both NZ and Pakistan have been shit. Same goes for England. Australia and India dominated the tournament. The latter two deserve to win it.
You went life and death with Afghanistan and got handily beaten by NZ who were the whipping boys of the other semi-finalists. That isn't domination, mate.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Of course it matters, theres one fecking KO round. We had just a one month tournament, dominated the entire group stages and played a two day ODI to get knocked out.
None of that seems like it matters. Bit like your opinion of England's form coming into the World Cup itself if we failed to win it.

Skills

Snitch
I really hope England win now and get rewarded for their brave approach to the game. India's cowardly, defensive, stable but boring approach was painful to watch for most of the tournament.

The top 2 try and put you to sleep in the first 10, the lower order can't really hit out in the last 10 and their bowlers (outside of Shami - who unsurprisingly got dropped) are run-containers rather than wicket-takers.

Patrick08

I think he'll probably retire now though he could move up the order.
I was on about the way Ganguly was eulogising about him rather than his innings that was winding me up.
I was talking about this game, everyone knew Dhoni is an anchor not a finisher anymore, Sending Pandya and Kartik to Anchor the innings was stupidity.

Dhoni leaves it too late and puts pressure on the opposite partner to do it all himself, why put him in that situation in the first place, he's 38 blaming him does no justice. Poor management by the Indian team.

I still think England are the favourites now.

Di Maria's angel

You said we deserved to win the world cup. We lost in SF. Both of things don't compute.
Well yeah, again, whats the point in being so dominant for the whole tournament and losing in the shitty way that we did? I get that we have ourselves to blame at the same time. And actually, @Samid, theres nothing wrong with the finals format in the IPL - it actually rewards the best team.

MJJ

Well yeah, again, whats the point in being so dominant for the whole tournament and losing in the shitty way that we did? I get that we have ourselves to blame at the same time. And actually, @Samid, theres nothing wrong with the finals format in the IPL - it actually rewards the best team.
Why not have two finals then if the team that tops the group stages loses.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
The point is if you lose in the shitty way we did we have no claim to being the best. England blasted us and we’ve lost chasing peanuts against good ol plucky NZ

PoTMS

You beat a lot of shit teams, well done. So did Australia and NZ. But no one wins a World Cup by just beating the fodder.

When playing NZ, Australia and England, you ultimately lost twice. Even that doesn't matter. At the end of the day, when it mattered most in the business end of the competition, you lost. That is knockout competition - no point being bitter about it.

Fully Fledged

I was talking about this game, everyone knew Dhoni is an anchor not a finisher anymore, Sending Pandya and Kartik to Anchor the innings was stupidity.

Dhoni leaves it too late and puts pressure on the opposite partner to do it all himself, why put him in that situation in the first place, he's 38 blaming him does no justice. Poor management by the Indian team.

I still think England are the favourites now.
Yeah I'd have played him higher up especially when the big 3 at the front of the innings got out for 5. The one thing about Dhoni is that he's hard to get out. He could have helped rebuild the innings from there.

AshRK

Thats where winning mentality comes to play and we have been bottling lot of important knock out games under Kohli era. Since 2013 CT win all we have done is bottled be it T20 finals in 2014, 2015 SF(although it was against Aus), 2016 SF , 2017 CT finals and now this. We are becoming like SA of old and they also deserved nothing much like this Indian side.

Also, with that middle order we deserved absolutely nothing. It was about time when it would bite in our ass and it happened today. Hard luck to us but well played NZ and they deserve to play in the finals.

TheGame

Of course it matters, theres one fecking KO round. We had just a one month tournament, dominated the entire group stages and played a two day ODI to get knocked out.
No it doesn’t matter, only winning does. You don’t get an award for being the best group team. Same goes for world cups in other sports. You can be great as you want in the group stage, that’s all about getting through to the SF. Then it’s all about winning your 2 games. India have failed that.

Patrick08

The real Kohli never turned up this tournament. Bizarrely put himself into a backseat role when every man knows that he's good when he dominates.
He is an over confident lad who underestimates the opposition too much in crucial periods.

Skills

Snitch
The real Kohli never turned up this tournament. Bizarrely put himself into a backseat role when every man knows that he's good when he dominates.
KL Rahul played 5 less balls than Kohli in the tournament. Which genius came up with the idea of hiding your best player for most of the tournament, behind a slow opener

Di Maria's angel

No it doesn’t matter, only winning does. You don’t get an award for being the best group team. Same goes for world cups in other sports. You can be great as you want in the group stage, that’s all about getting through to the SF. Then it’s all about winning your 2 games. India have failed that.
I'm probably just too pissed and emotional at this moment.

I'm probably partly wrong but just given this format, the eliminator wouldn't be half bad.

KM

It's the way how knockouts work ffs.

AshRK

He is an over confident lad who underestimates the opposition too much in crucial periods.
I won't call him over confident, in fact he sometimes gives too much respect to the opponents. He has played a backseat role this Wc. Not scoring one century is a proof of that. I think India became over dependent on Rohit and that backfired. Rahul was always going to fail when under pressure so we were playing with fire.

KM

Every fan base has their own of that kind. It just doesn't help that India's population is big and so that 2% is amplified.
It's just strange to us being called too pessimistic and delusional at the same time. How's that possible :lol: