ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I thought pant played beautifully till he got out. cnut threw it away
Yes, looked in great touch. We really lack players who know how to play good spinners though other than Kohli. Either we attack them or just prod along.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I really hope England win now and get rewarded for their brave approach to the game. India's cowardly, defensive, stable but boring approach was painful to watch for most of the tournament.

The top 2 try and put you to sleep in the first 10, the lower order can't really hit out in the last 10 and their bowlers (outside of Shami - who unsurprisingly got dropped) are run-containers rather than wicket-takers.
This. NZ. England. Aussies is my preference.

In the end fecking aussies will win it though

KM

Hard when we're not allowing any consistency by picking crap players and then chopping and changing.
And Kohli himself is responsible for that given the fact that he's the most powerful captain we've had in a long while.

AshRK

NZ or england winning will be good for the game. Australia winning would be too boring but have to say their mentality is just too good and won't be surprised if they just do it for the 6th time.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Ball did absolutely nothing after about 8 overs . If India had played out the first 10 overs , this would have been a walk in the park

Habs

A feck it... just give India the WC.
:lol:

Don’t know what it is, but when it comes to cricket India has the worst fans! Tend to be arrogant and dish it out but can never take it when they lose.

I’m not even talking about this forum, but my mates who are great, become monsters when it comes to Indian cricket!

Makes me think maybe it’s the same for United fans, considering how so many other fans can’t stand us. Obviously not all the fans are like that, just seems to be a larger proportion compared to other teams

PoTMS

Well then, we may as well just have knockout rounds in 2023. Pointless having a super long group stage and one KO round.
Honestly this is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever witnessed. You're embarrassing yourself here. Do you really fail to understand the significance of KO stages?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Agree. Batting effort was pathetic. Pandya and Pant batted superbly from. 10-20 and then threw it away.
Strange thing is that I feel that probably the extra day played into the mind of the top 3 even more. One extra day to kind of think about everything. Kohli specially looked like he was absolutely shitting it once Rohit was gone early

ChrisNelson

There seems to be some bitterness about the fact that India won the group stage then bottled the semi-final, and also some negativity towards England, the country where Manchester United play - the club around which this forum was created.

Think of the Champions League in football, if a team wins 6 games out of 6 in the group stage - it means absolutely nothing more than scraping through. In both scenarios all you've done is qualify for the next stage.

It's what happens next that matters, no point crying about the format just because India have thrown the match away today, the format of the tournament didn't make you 5/3 chasing a very modest target.

This is the same India that got to the final of the ICC in 2017 only to get absolutely hammered by a Pakistan side which plays well or badly depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Time to realise that however a tournament is played, it's the same for every team and the one which wins all of its knockout matches will be the champion.

KM

I like the fact that there's been more posters commenting about the Indian fans complaining about the world cup format rather than actual number of Indian fans complaining about the world cup format.

The above post really is a masterclass of selective reading.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I like the fact that there's been more posters commenting about the Indian fans complaining about the world cup format rather than actual number of Indian fans complaining about the world cup format.

We all have our Di Maria's Angels to bear.

AshRK

WHat's even more funny is we are delusional, pessimistic, bitter and arrogant. How can someone be everything :lol:. Generalization at its best.

KM

We all have our Di Maria's Angels to bear.
Love the assumption that we've to be always say something positive about England too given we support Man Utd. Next @ChrisNelson will be telling us to sing God save the queen too as long as we support man Utd.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why are we being called arrogant? We've literally been calling ourselves a 2 man batting line up all tournament. Losing Dhawan was pretty much that for us.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
20 pages on this thread today, yep it makes sense. India lost a match, everyone needs to get a dig in or two.

Djemba-Djemba

20 pages on this thread today, yep it makes sense. India lost a match, everyone needs to get a dig in or two.
Hey come on now, India fans weren't exactly reluctant to throw digs at England when we were struggling a few weeks ago.

And I'm sure if we lose tomorrow we'll get the usual abuse.

Fully Fledged

If that happens we will see comments like ICC= BCCI again and it was a conspiracy against England.
Doubt it. Shite happens. Just take it on the chin like an adult.
If we were 450 and Aus were 20 for 8 after 10 overs and the game got rained off you'd curse your luck but be proud of being in that position in the first place.
It would be one of them if 'only' moments that would take you into the next tournament with great confidence. Blaming the ICC for bad weather is just crazy.

AJ10

Thats normal isn't it?

If they lose tomorrow then they'll be on the receiving end, today its us.