g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
God this is hilarious stuff , even the IPL style playoffs won't happen help them . Imagine if India had beaten the second placed team in that and lost the final ? Maybe have a 3 match series for the final after the IPL style playoffs
May as well add a knockout phase to PL. Man City face Chelsea and lose the PL based on one game having dominated the entire league.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The current tournament structure is good enough. A league phase where you collect points and build momentum and if you slip up you can recover. Followed by must win knockouts where if you lose you’re out, it tests your strength and character under different circumstances.

I’m very disappointed with what happened but there’s no way we can say India deserved to win the WC. In fact, whoever wins from here fully deserves it
Well, what you're saying is this format should reward teams that fail?

A tourny this long should reward those who do well.

AshRK

Well, what you're saying is this format should reward teams that fail?
You are too frustrated bud. I understand losing today hurt but I think you need to relax. Knock out games can be harsh and we found out that today but we have to blame ourselves and actually give credit to NZ. They were good. Now let us hope they do not crumble in the finals.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Having had some time to digest that loss, I feel that the group stages gave me a false sense of confidence in the team.

The glaring weaknesses were visible, but our individual matchwinners papered over the cracks.

Over relying on the top 3. Check.
Our batting cannot handle swing bowling. Check.
Failed to develop a number 4. Check.
Tinkered with an ever-changing batting order. Check.
Kohli's poor captaincy. Check.
Dhoni playing ultra conservatively. Check.
No one with balls to drop Dhoni. Check.
Couldn't settle on a front line spinner. Check.

We fecked up on so many fronts and kept getting away with it. Today they all caught up. We had the potential to be a great team, especially given how our bowling has flourished, but we threw it away.

Kohli needs to resign as captain. Dhoni needs to retire from ODIs, and Shastri needs to be sacked. And the selectors who are responsible for the number 4 mess also need to be sacked.

Coming to the WC, no matter who wins - they'll deserve it. Australians for their balanced squad and their insane consistency with which they play WCs, Kiwis for their brilliant pace attack and smart captaincy from their best batsman, and England because of their raw aggression and for having the best squad this tournament.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm not. All you have to do is read the posts. Problem is all fans have an agenda. Just look at this thread when India plays and when they dont.
You mean when ANY team plays? There's no agenda here bud. India were one of the favorites so them losing will obviously cause a little ruckus (that too to the kiwis who barely made it through!)

AshRK

WC .

Seen us win 4 ashes at home, even saw us win an ashes away.

I love the Ashes and obviously it's huge, but I'd take this World Cup over it no doubt.
Fair point. Also, high time England wins one, especially with this squad.

AshRK

Having had some time to digest that loss, I feel that the group stages gave me a false sense of confidence in the team.

The glaring weaknesses were visible, but our individual matchwinners papered over the cracks.

We fecked up on so many fronts and kept getting away with it. Today they all caught up. We had the potential to be a great team, especially given how our bowling has flourished, but we threw it away.

Kohli needs to resign as captain. Dhoni needs to retire from ODIs, and Shastri needs to be sacked. And the selectors who are responsible for the number 4 mess also need to be sacked.

Coming to the WC, no matter who wins - they'll deserve it. Australians for their balanced squad and their insane consistency with which they play WCs, Kiwis for their brilliant pace attack and smart captaincy from their best batsman, and England because of their raw aggression and for having the best squad this tournament.
Dhawan getting injured was also a huge blow. Dhawan for all his flaws was aggressive and put pressure on the bowlers which Rahul never managed to do. I never thought we would win the WC with that middle order. We need to fix that soon and stop wasting matches on Karthik, Jadhav, Shankar and even Dhoni. Build a string squad for 2023 from get go.

Skills

Snitch

I saw his press conference. It seems like he's still completely oblivious to everything. Apparently just a bad day at the office

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
There was a phase of the game today which was so reminiscent of the loss against England: in the face of a mounting run rate, Dhoni kept taking singles and putting his partner on strike. That game Jadhav returned the favour and today Jadeja perished having to deal with the pressure of scoring. Both games we lost.

He takes the games deep, I get it. But he's doing it slower than ever and now he can't even finish the match after inviting all that pressure onto himself.

If you don't think he needs to be dropped, especially given his decline behind the stumps as well, you need to rethink.

Skills

Snitch
There was a phase of the game today which was so reminiscent of the loss against England: in the face of a mounting run rate, Dhoni kept taking singles and putting his partner on strike. That game Jadhav returned the favour and today Jadeja perished having to deal with the pressure of scoring. Both games we lost.

He takes the games deep, I get it. But he's doing it slower than ever and now he can't even finish the match after inviting all that pressure onto himself.

If you don't think he needs to be dropped, especially given his decline behind the stumps as well, you need to rethink.
I reckon he just does it nowadays to try and make a big hit at the end, so someone can make one of those wank montages about him on YouTube.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You are too frustrated bud. I understand losing today hurt but I think you need to relax. Knock out games can be harsh and we found out that today but we have to blame ourselves and actually give credit to NZ. They were good. Now let us hope they do not crumble in the finals.
I'm not. We just went out in the bullshit...iest way after having dominated the tournament. Fair dues to New Zealand but everything was in their favour when we batted on day 2 of a ONE day international.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
India Would have bundled out for 125 if it wasn't for him. He was used poorly by the team management of India.
True. India might also have won if not for him. And saved more runs behind the wicket and got Taylor out earlier and won the game against England as well.

He takes the same gambles he always did. He just doesn't win as often anymore. Time to plan ahead.

AshRK

I saw his press conference. It seems like he's still completely oblivious to everything. Apparently just a bad day at the office
Unless he himself decides to step down I cannot see anyone causing a revolt and ask for him to step down. He has too much power, even more than Ganguly (never thought I would see someone like that). Kohli is a good test captain but in limited overs he has always failed be it for India or RCB. I feel Rohit would be a better leader, maybe not aggressive as kohli but he is tactically far superior than Kohli.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
It's like watching Ole talk about how awesome he thinks our squad is. It's either deluded or calculated.

He needs to sit down and think why he relatively failed as a batsman this World Cup. By his standards, he had a disastrous campaign - failing to convert 50s and falling early in a clutch run chase.

Member 60376

DN it's just cricket and banter, let's not bring war and real life incidents into it.
:lol: banter is a two way street mate. It's like a monkey with a fist full of faeces. You never know what's going to happen next

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Dhawan getting injured was also a huge blow. Dhawan for all his flaws was aggressive and put pressure on the bowlers which Rahul never managed to do. I never thought we would win the WC with that middle order. We need to fix that soon and stop wasting matches on Karthik, Jadhav, Shankar and even Dhoni. Build a string squad for 2023 from get go.
Agreed. With the talent pool that we have, depending on those names in a WC semifinal is just criminal from the selectors.

freeurmind

weak willed
Well deserved win for NZ. Bowled superbly with the new ball and did fantastically to overcome the odds as the rain interrupted their batting. Hopefully they can go all the way this time.

Patrick08

True. India might also have won if not for him. And saved more runs behind the wicket and got Taylor out earlier and won the game against England as well.

He takes the same gambles he always did. He just doesn't win as often anymore. Time to plan ahead.
Yeah blame everything on a 38 year old legend of the game on the brink of retirement for not getting his striker rate up when the management can't find a proper no4 and can't get their tactics right in big crunch moments.

You had Pandya to hit big shots in the end, why waste him telling him to stay in there?

Member 60376

No thanks, I prefer not to banter about stuff like war.
Rich from you, when the trees thing is a direct quote.... From you!

:lol:

Anyway, I'll leave you at peace to be with your wummery. Enjoy the day

No hard feelings.
7 times la