ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Say what you want, Pakistan just won't lost that unpredictable tag and for good reason. I was 50/50 going into this before hand. England seemed way too confident. Their bowling to Pakistan was also very naive, bowling short as if their some minnows.

Wonderful cricket. Now watch them lose to Afghanistan :lol:

AshRK

Under that criteria, most are frauds. Think about it, how much can you impact a game at no.8?
How about a valuable and quick 15-20 runs or maybe hanging there and scoring some good runs when the team in down. Like I said never seen him do that. Woakes has done that from time to time. Point is if given the choice I would have Woakes ahead of Jadeja or even Ashwin the batsmen ahead of Jadeja.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
One huge mistake England made today was that Buttler should have come in after Morgan . Buttler would have smashed hafeez and Malik out of the attack and put pressure on Pakistan while the left handed stokes did the opposite

JohnnyKills

Said this in a separate thread but England give away these big scores too often. You can't keep conceding 350 and hope to chase it down.

Very sloppy fielding performance today but let's hope they bounce back. Would consider bringing Curran in for Woakes, which is harsh because he batted brilliantly. Just feel like Curran is Woakes' equal with the bat and he's got more variations.

Fair play to Pakistan. Must be so frustrating supporting them though!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Pakistan won't win enough matches to qualify imo. They played really well today but I see them winning 5 matches which probably won't be enough

AshRK

Say what you want, Pakistan just won't lost that unpredictable tag and for good reason. I was 50/50 going into this before hand. England seemed way too confident. Their bowling to Pakistan was also very naive, bowling short as if their some minnows.

Wonderful cricket. Now watch them lose to Afghanistan :lol:
Their next game is against SL. Very good opportunity to beat them and get some momentum before facing India. I won't be surprised if come June 16th Pakistan has more points than India and are more confident.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Their next game is against SL. Very good opportunity to beat them and get some momentum before facing India. I won't be surprised if come June 16th Pakistan has more points than India and are more confident.
This is Pakistan. They might lose to Sri Lanka (okay very unlikely) and beat India (okay, also unlikely). But yeah I think they'll do find versus the lankans.

Pak India will be close now at least. India will win it though. England started believing their own hype while the Indian team seems to know their vulnerability quite well.

For some reason I see India losing to S.A which will then put them on a winning streak to get to the top 4 at which stage anything can happen.

AshRK

This is Pakistan. They might lose to Sri Lanka (okay very unlikely) and beat India (okay, also unlikely). But yeah I think they'll do find versus the lankans.

Pak India will be close now at least. India will win it though. England started believing their own hype while the Indian team seems to know their vulnerability quite well.

For some reason I see India losing to S.A which will then put them on a winning streak to get to the top 4 at which stage anything can happen.
Said during the innings, England might do with a loss today. Were getting too confident. As for India, well India are always a slow starters in WC and I also have a nervy feeling that India might lose to a rejuvenated SA. The problem is India have a tough set of matches. After SA, they play Aus and then NZ and then Pak. SO by the time we play Pak we might either have found our groove and look invincible or just lose all the three and are under immense pressure. I truly hope it is the former.

Fully Fledged

I really like Wood but I just don't think that him ,Woakes and Archer is the best balance. Not really sure how but Plunkett always manages wickets in the middle overs which is the most important thing in Odi cricket
I agree. The only problem is that I think he bowled the best of the 3 of them in my opinion.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This tournament is really really open at the moment . England can easily lose to one of their next couple of opponents and come under serious pressure

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I agree. The only problem is that I think he bowled the best of the 3 of them in my opinion.
Pre WC I wanted him and Archer but considering Moeen can't buy a run right now Woakes has to play and I don't think Archer will be dropped after 1 bad game

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Wahab has played lot of county cricket and you can see it in his cricket . Unlike other fast bowlers from the subcontinent he is very good in the field and can bat . He is so safe under the ball for catches

Gjx

Nothing to do with fielding, yes England were sloppy but Root being dropped early easily evened that out. Poor batting from England did it, Roy, Morgan and Stokes didn't turn up with the bat, one of them stay in for 5 more overs or an in form Mo and England should have won comfortably.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It's funny how the feelings about Pak cricketers changes so quickly. Wahab is going to get smashed around pretty soon

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
How about a valuable and quick 15-20 runs or maybe hanging there and scoring some good runs when the team in down. Like I said never seen him do that. Woakes has done that from time to time. Point is if given the choice I would have Woakes ahead of Jadeja or even Ashwin the batsmen ahead of Jadeja.
Looking at his significant scores, he has:

95 (92)
34 (19)
68 (83)
39 (27)
53 (36)
78 (82)

he also has a few not so fast 30s.

Ill compare to Jadeja (averages 29.9 in ODIs)

60 (77)
30 (17)
57 (103)
61 (61)
78 (89)
61 (37)
47 (29)
66 (45)
62 (54)
87 (68)

Be the judge yourself.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Fcuking brillianttttt

Such a good bowling performance, if we took our catches and put slip fielders it could've been a more convincing victory.

Di Maria's angel

Although it's no comparison, he reminds me of Akhtar and 90's Pakistan bowlers. The rest of the current batch don't seem to have that aggression they were always known for.
Wahab is far too inconsistent however, he did bowl one of the fiercest spells I've ever seen in the last WC.

AshRK

Looking at his significant scores, he has:

95 (92)
34 (19)
68 (83)
39 (27)
53 (36)
78 (82)

he also has a few not so fast 30s.

Ill compare to Jadeja (averages 29.9 in ODIs)

60 (77)
30 (17)
57 (103)
61 (61)
78 (89)
61 (37)
47 (29)
66 (45)
62 (54)
87 (68)

Be the judge yourself.
Good for him. Still don't rate him. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Jadeja banging some runs and winning us matches but till then I would always see him as a guy who doesn't deliver with the bat when it matters. I don't see him as a match winner by any means. Again, happy to be proven wrong this WC.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It's almost like they're inconsistent, erratic cricketers in an inconsistent, erratic cricket team.
Yeah but someone a few posts back was saying that Wahab is class when he gets dropped every year after 1-2 great performances followed by lots of rubbish

Di Maria's angel

Good for him. Still don't rate him. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Jadeja banging some runs and winning us matches but till then I would always see him as a guy who doesn't deliver with the bat when it matters. I don't see him as a match winner by any means. Again, happy to be proven wrong this WC.
Yeah, I don't really rate him as a hitter but neither is Woakes. Just look through his ODI innings', there isn't a lot there.