ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Early days but this pitch doesnt seem to have many demons. South Africa were undone by Chahal today and it wasn't even turning. At 80-2 after 18, 270 was on.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Early days but this pitch doesnt seem to have many demons. South Africa were undone by Chahal today and it wasn't even turning. At 80-2 after 18, 270 was on.
They were never at 80-4 but guess you mean 78-2 after 18. Allowing 70 run partnership and more for 7th wicket stand is hurtful. We should still chase this down but this could have been much simpler. Now if we lose 2-3 early wickets we will be in trouble.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
India should chase this easily still. Will only be a challenge if both openers and Kohli go for not much.

MDFC Manager

Oh this is going to be a tricky chase, SA will be pumped up with their recovery. I'm not so confident now.

Di Maria's angel

They were never at 80-4 but guess you mean 78-2 after 18. Allowing 70 run partnership and more for 7th wicket stand is hurtful. We should still chase this down but this could have been much simpler. Now if we lose 2-3 early wickets we will be in trouble.
Aside from Rabada and Tahir, their bowling is very average. Like I said, this pitch actually does seem a decent wicket. Not your 350-360, but a 270-280. And yeah, when you're 78-2 and drop to 86-5 by losing 3 wickets to spinners on a non-turning pitch, you've got bigger issues than the conditions.

I remember in the CT two years ago, we bowled them out for 190 and chased it down with ease. Similar conditions but eased out after the initial period as it did today.

AshRK

Hope Rohit gets runs. Need him dearly when the big totals come around.
This could be good chase for our openers to get them back into form. Spend some time on the crease and score some valuable runs while helping us win.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Should be a good chase. Glad SA made it to a competitive total.

JohnnyKills

SA need to use as much of Rabada as they can first up. I'd give him six overs. If India get through him, they win.

AshRK

Steyn not playing in this pitch is a huge blow for SA. He and Rabada would have been too hot to handle. Even Ngidi could have been dangerous.

ha_rooney

This is excellent bowling so far. Shame there’s no Steyn.

ha_rooney

This should be a fun battle between Rabada & Kohli

JohnnyKills

Dhawan always pokes at those across-his-body-screamers. Always. It's so predictable.
Don't think Darwan's the man anymore. Been a good player for India but they should move on from him. Maybe move Rahul up to open and bring in Pant/Samson/Shankar at four.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Bangladesh going along ok, but they've just lost their third wicket to a run out. NZ aren't giving too many runs away yet, I wonder if Bangladesh can up the ante later in their innings.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
India going as slow as South Africa did but I guess they can afford to.

Di Maria's angel

Don't think Darwan's the man anymore. Been a good player for India but they should move on from him. Maybe move Rahul up to open and bring in Pant/Samson/Shankar at four.
We're in such an odd situation with our openers. They've been incredible for about 3 or 4 years up until a few months ago where both seem to have dropped in form. I think they just about deserved to be here but it'll probably be their last if they don't get going.

ha_rooney

On live viewing, that’s a poor review.

zing

Zingle balls
I cant see the games due to work. Can anyone tell me why India are going so slow? Is it one of those weird pitches again?
Good bowling, good pitch, and this is typically how India play.