ICC World T20 2016

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wow. Very powerful stuff this.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He could try not acting like an absolute cnut on the field, then maybe I'll have some sympathy for him next time. Hopefully this will make him a little more humble.
I've only been a passive fan of Cricket lately, so don't really know what Ben Stokes is like, why don't you like him?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
That's why Sammy's captain. He hold this team together and is hugely respected.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Horrible captaincy from Morgan though. Should have bowled Ali in the last over. You wouldn't want to let the Windies batsmen face the quicks in the death overs. Stokes was very poor this match.
Ali should have bowled before not the last ovrr

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Horrible captaincy from Morgan though. Should have bowled Ali in the last over. You wouldn't want to let the Windies batsmen face the quicks in the death overs. Stokes was very poor this match.
He did the best he could. He led his bowlers and gave Stokes 19 runs to play with for the final over. There's no way to guess if Braithwaite wouldn't have done it to Ali or anybody else.

Norris

He did the best he could. He led his bowlers and gave Stokes 19 runs to play with for the final over. There's no way to guess if Braithwaite wouldn't have done it to Ali or anybody else.
He could have atleast spent some time discussing options with Stokes. Look at what Dhoni regularly does when it's crunch time ? It may not work every occassion, but he could have done a lot lot more, including the final over. Disappointing from him.

Starting to feel sorry for Stokes. That's his confidence completely shattered. Wonder if he will ever want to bowl in the final over ever again.

Skills

Snitch
He could have atleast spent some time discussing options with Stokes. Look at what Dhoni regularly does when it's crunch time ? It may not work every occassion, but he could have done a lot lot more, including the final over. Disappointing from him.

Starting to feel sorry for Stokes. That's his confidence completely shattered. Wonder if he will ever want to bowl in the final over ever again.
Broad came back from getting smacked for 6 maximums in an over. I think Stokes will be okay, seems like a confident guy.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

Morgan spent about 5 minutes before the over started with Stoke. Not bowing Ali at all was a howler but not much he could have done in the last over.

Norris

Broad came back from getting smacked for 6 maximums in an over. I think Stokes will be okay, seems like a confident guy.
It's not the same is it though? But yeah, hopefully you are right. Seems very talented.

Morgan spent about 5 minutes before the over started with Stoke. Not bowing Ali at all was a howler but not much he could have done in the last over.
But that's not good enough is it ? The moment, he hit that first six, he should have done something about it. Changed fielding, changed the delivery, something. Plans always go out the window. You need to be able to react to a setback like that. All he did was change the ball, like that'll do any good. More than Stokes, I'll probably blame Morgan for this one.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I've only been a passive fan of Cricket lately, so don't really know what Ben Stokes is like, why don't you like him?
He has been an arrogant prick since his debut. Sledging all sorts of players and generally being a WUM on the field. Not a fan of that kind of attitude unless you can back it up with constant good performances.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
But that's not good enough is it ? The moment, he hit that first six, he should have done something about it. Changed fielding, changed the delivery, something. Plans always go out the window. You need to be able to react to a setback like that. All he did was change the ball, like that'll do any good. More than Stokes, I'll probably blame Morgan for this one.
There's absolutely nothing Morgan could have done there. Stokes is obviously more comfortable bowling Yorkers (or trying to) than slower balls or bouncers. You can't force bowlers to do something they're not comfortable with. It's up to the bowler to execute the plans. And he was talking with Stokes even after the first ball though I'm very skeptical about the merits of continuous whispering to bowlers.

prath92

He has been an arrogant prick since his debut. Sledging all sorts of players and generally being a WUM on the field. Not a fan of that kind of attitude unless you can back it up with constant good performances
best sledging ever

Norris

There's absolutely nothing Morgan could have done there. Stokes is obviously more comfortable bowling Yorkers (or trying to) than slower balls or bouncers. You can't force bowlers to do something they're not comfortable with. It's up to the bowler to execute the plans. And he was talking with Stokes even after the first ball though I'm very skeptical about the merits of continuous whispering to bowlers.
Fair enough, shame really though. One of Wiley's overs could have been saved then. And Yeah, Moeen not bowling a single over was a bit silly. He must have been worried that he may go for runs.

Norris

Dhoni just kept asking the bowler to do the opposite of whatever Nehra was telling him.
:lol:
Yeah, but I din't mean it only in this WC. Throughout his career, that approach of his has worked more often than not. For CSK, for India. That calmness under immense pressure is very underrated. Even if he's going to bowl only the type of bowl, he backs his man really well.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Fair enough, shame really though. One of Wiley's overs could have been saved then. And Yeah, Moeen not bowling a single over was a bit silly. He must have been worried that he may go for runs.
That's a big conundrum isn't it? Keep your best bowlers for the last or allow the weaker one's to have as many runs to play with as possible. Most captains seem to prefer the former

Varun

Staff
You cannot blame the captain for the bowler not being able to defend 19 runs. 4 length balls, 4 sixes. Dhoni, Ganguly, Waugh, Fleming, Varun, doesn't matter which legend is captain.