ICC World T20 2016

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Okay that's a decent over. India have pulled back from 4 overs 52 to eleven overs 82. Very decent stuff.

prath92

'Law of averages will catch up on NZ'

'Windies' form is going downwards'

Sanjay is building up the semis nicely :lol:
You guys should be happy you don't have to listen to Ramiz and Sanjay in Hindi. Atrocious is an understatement

Edit- do you know Hindi by the way?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I don't get Dhoni. We play on spinning tracks and Yuvraj barely bowls. We play on flat tracks and Yuvraj is suddenly bowling. It's worked but feck me where's the logic?

prath92

I don't get Dhoni. We play on spinning tracks and Yuvraj barely bowls. We play on flat tracks and Yuvraj is suddenly bowling. It's worked but feck me where's the logic?
There is your reasoning right there.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Silly batting by Aus allowed India right back into this. It could have been 220 but now will more likely be 180

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I know it goes against logic but I genuinely believe that he has just been lucky as a captain with his decisions. Be it Ishant getting 2 wickets off shocking bowls in CL final or Misbah gifting Joginder his wicket in T20 final.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Either the pitch has suddenly slowed down dramatically or this was horrendous batting by the two players with the highest career SR's.

zing

Zingle balls
Today's reasoning was -- Jadeja bowled well, two right handers, Yuvraj is a left hander like Jadeja, few wickets gone and batsmen aren't going hard.. therefore Yuvraj.

Dhoni's strategy is "cash in".

It's not turning now.. 5th bowler slot is over. I would take Yuvraj out. But reason he's gone to Yuvraj again is now that it's the wicket's gone, and if he gets 1 more over when the batsmen aren't looking to go big(because of the wicket), it gives him flexibility amongst the other 4.

Dhoni's actually predictable(but a good st rategy imo) like that if you watch T20 regularly when he captains.

Massive wicket when Finch got out.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I know it goes against logic but I genuinely believe that he has just been lucky as a captain with his decisions. Be it Ishant getting 2 wickets off shocking bowls in CL final or Misbah gifting Joginder his wicket in T20 final.
I've thought that before but it works time and again for no apparent reason. It's just bizarre.

zing

Zingle balls
Amazing how Khawaja and Finch made that look like a 230 pitch. Now I'm worried its not a 160 pitch

zing

Zingle balls
Agree on that. IShant remains a shocking decision. He's made a lot of clangers like that.

Joginder was just luck.. RP bowled out..no one else to bowl.

zing

Zingle balls
Australia are fecking this up and India need to e more disciplined. Ashwin, Yuvraj, Pandya just sloppy with wides and no balls.

This is the time when you just cash in when the opposition is sloppy.

Varun

Staff
No logic whatsoever. Everyone was crying out for yuvi to bowl in the earlier matches and yet we had Bumrah and Pandya getting spanked like batches.

Don't ball short madarchod

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Today's reasoning was -- Jadeja bowled well, two right handers, Yuvraj is a left hander like Jadeja, few wickets gone and batsmen aren't going hard.. therefore Yuvraj.
That's fair enough but why didn't he bowl a single over on pitches that were turning square? He's not just some random part timer either.

zing

Zingle balls
think he's getting Ashwin's overs out of the way here.. just not turning.

prath92

It would be lucky if that happened once or twice. Been happening for 6-7 years in IPL and intl level

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Too many wides. We'll regret this.

Looks like the pitch is slowing down. We're lucky Australia only have Zampa

zing

Zingle balls
Too many wides. We'll regret this.

Looks like the pitch is slowing down. We're lucky Australia only have Zampa
Their pace bowlers will bowl fire and venom.

I have seen too many pitches where nothing happens for Indian bowlers and then India come out to bat and it looks like the pitch's been swapped out.

180 will be the target from here I guess
India have done very well to slow them down from that start