Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He does favor the left which we did say a lot. Last season he had a terrible first half to the season when playing on the right. His performances got better when he was moved permanently to the left. He started scoring and assisting goals again.
the move where he got inside his fullback for shaw to cross the long sweeping ball around the back line showed exactly what he’s about.

he’s mentally very quick, great in tight areas is always on the move.

once he’s fully up to speed he will take a fullback on more often, but he likes to pass it more than dribble 1v1, that’s always been his style.

I’m really not sure what you were expecting.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
This. He's one of the best at what he does but definitely not a RW. With Shaw behind him, he could be lethal. Still, he needs patterns of play and movement around him. He doesn't have the pace or physique to work in isolation. He dribbles off runs, plays one twos, creates space for others, etc.
Then he will struggle, our movement is absolutely diabolical which results in us playing putrid football so often.

Swedish_Plumber

I am not criticising him, rather the players he is playing with. They have no clue what to do, and are far less of a machine than Dortmund was or is.
Ah ok! Thought that might’ve been the case when I sent it. Apologies.
Last week and today our midfield play fell apart after he came on so quite frustrating really. Obviously a lot more so today!

Gandalf

I don't think too much can be gained from looking at a couple of sub appearances, he got a handful of minutes in a dead game when the rest of the team were coasting and came on today when the team was playing wank and unsurprisingly he was not able to make everyone else a more accurate passer simply through his presence. I want to see a couple of starts before I begin to form an opinion and it is laughable people are getting on his case already based on the limited chances he has had.

Donut

I thought he looked good. Put their FB on his ass and was unlucky to have the cross blocked. Some nice passes with AWB as well.

Ace of Spades

Tbf it would help if AWB was not so clueless, could not make simple passes or do a simple one two.

And it did not help that our defense and midfield completely fell apart after he came on.

The United

Should have started though especially we were playing without a left wing. Greenwood and he playing as wide and narrow front 2 would have helped more.

Tony247

Won't judge based on his initial games. He is still adjusting.

Only incident I remember is when Bruno was running with the ball he was also running so close to Bruno I thought both will collide. That was daft.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Then he will struggle, our movement is absolutely diabolical which results in us playing putrid football so often.
Yes, I always said I expect him to have a rough start although I rate him very highly. But I still think you'll be happy with this transfer eventually. It'll probably take a change of managers but if you appoint a tactically profound manager like Chelsea did, sky's the limit with this team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Have we bought a player who isn't a RW ?
He is a wide playmaker not a traditional winger. It makes little sense to put him on the field and not try to find him as much as possible and let him control things.

Idxomer

He'll need a better manager and right-back to get the best out of him.

Lights Out

Won’t assess fully until he’s had a run as a starter but he’s done literally nothing to get me excited or justify the hype so far.

siw2007

Not that fussed about his cameo today, there was some nice moments playing from both sides of the pitch but it was a tough game, the team stuttered in the last 20min so it was always going to be hard for the forwards.

Bobski

Won’t assess fully until he’s had a run as a starter but he’s done literally nothing to get me excited or justify the hype so far.
He is a combination player, very good at quick one two's, clever movement and getting into space, good dribbler in tight areas. He is not a Giggs though, not going to pick the ball up in his own half, blast past players and cause chaos. Going to be a very good player for Utd, buy maybe not as spectacular as some might have thought.

PoTMS

Have we bought a player who isn't a RW ?
It would be just like United to sign a player that doesn't actually play in the position we bought him for. Let's add another left sided forward to add to Rashford, Martial, James, Pogba.

KennyBurner

the move where he got inside his fullback for shaw to cross the long sweeping ball around the back line showed exactly what he’s about.

he’s mentally very quick, great in tight areas is always on the move.

once he’s fully up to speed he will take a fullback on more often, but he likes to pass it more than dribble 1v1, that’s always been his style.

I’m really not sure what you were expecting.
I’m expecting him to trouble his defenders more times than he decides to recycle possession. It’s like the only players at the club who want to do that are rashford and James. Nobody else wants to take on and create doubt in a defenders mind.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He needs game time. He needs to build an understanding with his team mates. Start him from the next game and onwards.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Ive seen a ton of Dortmund games. He is best at LW but he aint as good as people want him to be. Calling him a generational talent is just silly. So many offensive players get good numbers at Dortmund which tend to make them overrated by people who doesnt watch them but only jugde them by their stats.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He isn't going to get that counter attacking free space he did for dortmund to pick a free pass or cross with ease.

Needs to adapt his game.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought he had a good game. You can see what kind of player he is, likes to involve others into play. He'll link well with Bruno, Pogba, Shaw. Not so much with Wan Bissaka, who had a poor game today.
I would rather he stayed on one side though.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can't judge him yet, he hasn't quite fit into the team yet as its still too early. But like other said, he looks bit like Mata to me.. his game is more about trying to involve in build up play, and less rely on pace.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Memphis anyone? Lots of goals/assists in a weaker league.
He might take some time to adjust like almost every other bundesliga attacker that’s came to England in recent years.

Walters_19_MuFc

I knew this would happen. Thats how I know some people didnt watch him at Dortmund.

Anyway, on todays game, I felt he was ok. Didnt get involved as much as i'd have liked, but when he did get it in the final third, you can see the composure he's going to bring.

He'll needs time to integrate himself into the team. Hopefully he'll start against Wolves.

Boavista

I don't understand the criticism here, he played for half an hour and looked ok in my opinion. In that half an hour United struggled to dominate Southampton as much, and were disrupted or pushed back by their pressing. So Sancho not being able to assert himself enough had little to do with his own performance.

He's only just arrived in a new team, with some big names among his new team mates. It's only natural it's going to take him some time to build up his confidence to take more initiative and risk. Even though he's a big money signing, he still has to find his place in the team hierarchy and figure out the runs of the players around him.
Don't think it's got much to do with the league/opponents to be honest. I mean does it get much more (post Klopp/2010s) Bundesliga than hasenhuttl-ball?

Steven-UK

Virtually invisible.
Very unimpressed. Lacks a lot of pace and doesn’t have that directness many were claiming he had. He seems more like a playmaker than an actual winger. It’s also clear to see he prefers playing on the left which has once again shown we didnt solve our RW problem. Let’s give him a full game next week so he can get more accustomed to the league.
This.

Virtually invisible. He needs to be more direct, instead of playing it safe. I just hope we don't have to give him excuses for 2 season: "needs to adapt", "needs this, and that player to shine", etc. etc.

For all the hype over the last 2 years, and his fee, I was expecting more dynamism from him. We'll see.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes not a direct inside forward. He's a smart link up creative player with great decision making. He'll help loads make us more balanced in attack and we balance the other attackers out in that he's very team oriented while the others are very individualistic. Little sub appearances aren't how you judge a player, he needs to start and he'll be fine.

Pickle85

He had half an hour ffs and he's barely had any time to get to know good team mates. Unbelievable how quick people are to judge.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I see the arguments about not watching the bundesliga. From a lot of highlights Dortmund have acres of space on the counter, and you very rarely see that type of gung ho tactic in the premier league, unless you play Leeds of course!
Hopefully he settles in soon

Status
Not open for further replies.