Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Arghh, the Amad hype has now also reached the Sancho thread. The guy probably has played less first team minutes in his career than Sancho has goals and assists, but yeah we should judge both on their first two appearances for United.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Course not. Greenwood, Dan James and Dalot will rotate on the right obviously.
That doesn't make any sense, leave the likes of Pogba, Rashford on the bench to play Dan James or Dalot.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Arghh, the Amad hype has now also reached the Sancho thread. The guy probably has played less first team minutes in his career than Sancho has goals and assists, but yeah we should judge both on their first two appearances for United.
He would've played plenty of minutes at Parma in Serie A on loan , but some genius decided to sign him and keep him sidelined instead.

So him not playing enough first team games is the club's fault, because they ruined a whole year of his development which gives the likes of yourself to parrott the same line constantly of him not having had significant first team exposure.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He would've played plenty of minutes at Parma in Serie A on loan , but some genius decided to sign him and keep him sidelined instead.

So him not playing enough first team games is the club's fault, because they ruined a whole year of his development which gives the likes of yourself to parrott the same line constantly of him not having had significant first team exposure.
Yeah could have, would have. Could have gone to Dortmund on loan if they would have been interested, they play youngsters regularly after all. We can speculate all day long why he has not gone on loan in a top league, but the reality is that he hasn’t and (not just because of that) he is miles behind Sancho and our other regular attacking players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah could have, would have. Could have gone to Dortmund on loan if they would have been interested, they play youngsters regularly after all. We can speculate all day long why he has not gone on loan in a top league, but the reality is that he hasn’t and (not just because of that) he is miles behind Sancho and our other regular attacking players.
It wasn't a case of could've, he was on his way to Parma which was confirmed by the Italian club.

He might be behind Sancho but from their early showing Amad looked the better player to me.

Pickle85

It wasn't a case of could've, he was on his way to Parma which was confirmed by the Italian club.

He might be behind Sancho but from their early showing Amad looked the better player to me.
Do you mean from the 60 minutes or whatever Sancho has played for us and the 120 or whatever Amad has? Because if so, that's not a great sample size. And if you're going beyond that and including the rest of their body of work you're mental if you think Amad looks the better player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you mean from the 60 minutes or whatever Sancho has played for us and the 120 or whatever Amad has? Because if so, that's not a great sample size. And if you're going beyond that and including the rest of their body of work you're mental if you think Amad looks the better player.
I'm just going of the early impressions both players have made in their early showings for the club. Amad who is 2 years younger has arguably looked better than Sancho IMO . I'm not drawing any conclusions regarding their long-term prospects at the club and I'm just happy we have two very good players at the club.

Also I have no idea how good Amad can become, because we have not seen him play enough. He should've been on loan to Parma last season and would've likely had plenty of first team exposure but it wasn't to be which I've explained in my previous posts.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That doesn't make any sense, leave the likes of Pogba, Rashford on the bench to play Dan James or Dalot.
There's every chance this was satire pal.
Even we won't bang 80m on our "difficult" position and then insist on playing Sancho left wing.
Will we....surely not.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There's every chance this was satire pal.
Even we won't bang 80m on our "difficult" position and then insist on playing Sancho left wing.
Will we....surely not.
Oh man, I thought you were serious. I don't think it makes any sense playing him on the left with our squad and options on the left, while we lack quality on the right apart from Greenwood.

lost7

If we don't back our own players, no wonder our rival fans are so quick to call them flops. For goodness sake, let's give him at least 10 games before starting to "worry"

youmeletsfly

If we don't back our own players, no wonder our rival fans are so quick to call them flops. For goodness sake, let's give him at least 10 games before starting to "worry"
We should fecking give him at least a year, like any other player should be given.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
With Amad it is just dumb bias and cliché. He isnt ready, he's too lightweight etc and all that jazz. He has it against him, Ole not playing him doesnt help either.
Maybe a premier league team would actually be seriously interested in loaning him if this wasn't true though. As it is the only 2 options have been Sheffield Utd in the championship and being a squad player at Crystal Palace who are probably getting relegated this year...

Swedish_Plumber

I sometimes think there’s some weird humour I don’t get on the cafe! He’s played an hour of football here (20 mins when we were 5-1 up with the foot off the gas).
If anyone is seriously worrying already then you will literally complain about all things United.
Give him a minute for pity’s sake!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't know why people are looking at his 2 sub appearances as anything other than basically being his pre season. He played what, 10 minutes of a dead rubber game against Leeds when the team had stopped playing as the game was won? And then played 30 minutes yesterday in which he was quiet and we couldn't really get going or get the ball to our attackers in the first place. Why don't we just give him some starts before we start making literally any judgments?

Sancho has literally proven himself to be one of the most productive young players in the modern era, and has been one of the most creative players in world football for 3 years now. He has to be on the pitch and get the ball to be able to do creating. He's also a very smart and efficient player. If you're expecting him to be peak Ronaldo, that's not what he is. He's not a Rashford type either. He's not someone who will always try and do things on his own. He's a player who will make good decisions on a consistent basis who is excellent technically and is dynamic on the ball. He's an excellent passer, is brilliant at linking up and helping the build up flow smoothly, and is excellent at carrying the ball effectively as well. He doesn't have to be flashy or someone who will do it all himself. He's a smart, effective and brilliant player who will improve us as a team loads. He literally just needs to be on the pitch more and settle in with the team and league.

lex talionis

Who were our other options yesterday on the left?

Rashford: Out recovering from surgery
Martial: You mean, the statue man who can't even bothered to wipe his own arse?
James: His game is all about pace but he's no Marc Overmars
Lingard: Even at his scintillating best he's no left winger
Mata: Fish out of water on the left
Diallo: Nowhere close to Sancho, at least not yet

Then Pogba, who actually put together quite a bit of magic on the left. A shame Ole shunted him at the end deep in favor of Lingard.

Scholsey2004

Whats interesting with Sancho is that even when he's not especially effective as an attacking force he still puts up possession stats like a central midfielder in terms of amount of passes made and completion rates etc. For a player who's at the top end of the pitch thats terrific. He'll make a huge difference against the low block.

Marwood

How many times has Sancho even touched the ball? It's impossible to say if he's been good or bad. Nothing to go on.

But what the delayed or slow start has showed is the importance of a pre season of some sort. You can't go from nothing to Premier League games.

A few in here convinced themselves more time off would be better for Sancho than two weeks of training and a warm up game.

sillwuka

Has to play now.

People need to realise the sort of player Sancho is, he won't drive at defenders ala Raphinha, Mahrez. He's more of a counter attack and link up winger with smart incisive passing.

LoneStar

This guy has played like 45 mins so far. Give him time to settle in guys.

Having said that, I thought he had a lot more pace than he showed. Does he not have that burst of pace?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How many times has Sancho even touched the ball? It's impossible to say if he's been good or bad. Nothing to go on.

But what the delayed or slow start has showed is the importance of a pre season of some sort. You can't go from nothing to Premier League games.

A few in here convinced themselves more time off would be better for Sancho than two weeks of training and a warm up game.
I never said anything about being him being good or bad. Because I clearly made it clear in one of my earlier posts that it's early days and I'm not criticizing Sancho. I've seen many great players start slow in the EPL over the years.

But what I did say was that many on this forum who are now preaching patience when it comes to Sancho have no problem passing judgment on other young United players after a solitary appearance.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
There's not much going on to be judging Sancho at the moment. He's basically getting up to speed and clearly having a pre-season. My biggest concern would be if Wan Bissaka can be a good partner if Sancho plays most of his games on the right as expected.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
One bad result and it all comes crashing down here isn't it? We forgot to play when he came on with Shaw and Maguire messing up simple passes down the left side. To make conclusion on such a short sample is extremely unfair on Sancho

3vra

Judging on that Soton game almost whole team was dreadful but we know they are better than that.

So why a lot of you think that Sancho was playing on his level and this is what we get.

If that was the first game, someone was watching Bruno, Shaw, Maguire, they would asume they were same Championship level player or worse.

Give him some time.

JoaquinJoaquin

If you have followed Sancho at Dortmund, he was generally a slow starter once he came back from absences. So people are massively overreacting at the moment. To say Amad has shown more is just outrageous.

James Peril

People are crazy to judge Sancho already, he’s moved between countries, been in the Euros and started a new life. Give us all a break. Same goes for Grealish, literally City’s best player in the first match and more than solid in the second - yet some are desperately trying to create an alternative dimension. Utterly childish.

Shocking prediction; both Sancho and Grealish will look immense once they have gotten to know their teams and how they play.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He just needs to start and he will be better. I have no doubt about that, coming off the bench for a new team isn't at all because it means the game has already its rythm and he has to adjust to it.
If he starts the game, the adjustment can be done much easier and therefore his performance will be instantly better

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I am trying to figure out what position Ole wants Sancho playing. In our first match he played him on the left, which made sense because Martial came on to play #9 and Greenwood shifted to the left (mind you I would have kept Greenwood at #9 and moved Martial to the left). On Sunday when Sancho came on, Greenwood moved to the #9 and Martial came off so I thought Sancho would be playing on the right, but for the most part, he was still on the left. It seemed as though AWB was all by himself while Lingard, Sancho, Shaw and Pogba were all overloading the left side, and to say it wasn't working would be an understatement. I don't blame Sancho for this. Seemed to be by design. But can we please stop trying to be clever and just see Sancho start a game from the right please???

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Seriously we need to at least let the lad start a game ! To be honest Ole has fecked up with this stupid slow introduction. Get them in and playing. Sancho just hasn’t had chance to have the buzz and Varane now the same. Wolves on Sunday get them in the team.

It's obviously far too early to judge. It's really important that we hold off on any rash assessments or hasty declarations.

After 47 minutes though, it is becoming very hard to argue with the fact that he's a Dortmund systembaby, a Hakimi overlapbaby and a Bundesliga statpadbaby.

It's important though that we give him at least another 47 minutes to turn things around.

United in sin

For the price he will need to get going. Otherwise there will be no title race.
Looks like Sancho is already being set up to be the next Pogba. Forget the price tag. Right now we need to support the kid during this opening period of his career here

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think he will start against Newcastle at home. It will be another sub against Wolves

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The only thing I don’t understand is why it takes him longer to regain fitness? I know he is moving from Dortmund and has been with England squad throughout the Euro during Summer. But plenty of other players had played more games than him in Euro and doesn’t seem to have any fitness issue during start of season (Bruno, Pogba, Shaw, Maguire, Mctominay etc). Whereas players like Lukaku who moves from other country has been fitting in perfectly in Chelsea without any issues too.

Other than that, I wouldn’t judge his performance in his first 2 games. Would give him at least a couple of months to settle. His game is more base on playmaking for which I reckon would require some understanding of his teammates’ movement etc to click.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.