5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Yeah, probably his best game yet. Still not great but definitely not bad.
Definitely not good either. Another game he couldn't provide any danger. Some alibi passes aren't good enough. Looks slow, doesn't take his man on and overall doesn't seem to fit into our football at the moment. I hope this will change as I was a big fan of him for Dortmund but so far he's been dissapointing sadly. Not sure whether that's on him or our clueless football in general.

Martialfc

He needs a way of playing. He can’t just “go out and enjoy it, you’re playing for man United” like Ole wants him to. He would be unbelievable under Klopp or Pep. Ole isn’t that good tactically, we all just have to accept it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He grew into the game, but dropped off around 75mins. Looked completely gassed after that.

Still, lots of good quick passes and dribbles into the box. Getting better but still a long way to go.

izec

Definitely not good either. Another game he couldn't provide any danger. Some alibi passes aren't good enough. Looks slow, doesn't take his man on and overall doesn't seem to fit into our football at the moment. I hope this will change as I was a big fan of him for Dortmund but so far he's been dissapointing sadly. Not sure whether that's on him or our clueless football in general.
A mix, Dortmund made him look better than he is. Professionally, he also only played for them, which makes it difficult to judge him more precisely.

Bellingham and Haaland are the bigger talents. One red flag with Sancho was that he barely delivered in the CL, while the other two are consistent across the competitions and delivered at other teams as well, even if it wasnt the top level.

Womp

idiot
He came from a team that was extremely well drilled, where players were moving off the ball, creating space for him, playing one twos etc. Our football is far more rudimentary. I think he will struggle until he hopefully adapts. I wouldn't be surprised if he does though, far too talented not to succeed.

Dazzmondo

No idea where the positive comments from that West Ham game are coming from. He was extremely poor in a game where our midfield was given acres of space. West Ham sat back and let us do whatever we want in front of their box and he was mostly invisible. Created nothing. It's early but honestly it's not good enough. His best performance was easily the Newcastle game where he looked kinda dangerous, particularly in the 1st half. I don't see him starting for us for quite a while now. Expect it will be Pogba on the left against Villa and then once Rashford comes back he is going straight back into the team. No way should he be taking mins off Greenwood when you consider how well he's played this season. I can forgive the high intensity games where we are being pressed heavily because the pace is very different from the Bundesliga but this game today was not like that and he still showed nothing.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He'll take time. We'll need to be patient, but we knew that to begin with. You can tell he has it. When he settle he'll be a nightmare for defenders.

Lentwood

I thought he was quite poor in the first half but then really improved once we started going for it in the second. It was like the pressure lifted from his shoulders and he just started playing.

I think its nothing more than nerves. I've seen plenty of good players down the years struggle in their first few months at OT

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I personally don't think he's lacking confidence (though that may start to be a factor soon) I just see a player adapting to a new team and a new league

If the expectation was he'd come in and light it up from the first game then that's more of a problem with those who had that expectation

ti vu

I will be patient on him, but looks like square peg round hole in term of tactic. We just have too many of these players that drifts around between wide and central positions, even those that supposed to be holding midfielder like Pogba and Fred. A lot of overstepping on each other's foot. His signing made sense last summer, but I would have been hesitant this window with possibility of Lingard staying, and the possibility of re-signing Ronaldo, which changed plan for a host of other attackers prominently Greenwood and Bruno. Now I think we have a proper headache to find him a position, that's before judging whether he's actually settling.

Please not another VdB situation.

Gazza

He should be treated like any player coming in from a new league and given time to adapt. If these performances are still the norm this time next year, then it's a scary one for sure. I'll wait until the turn of the year at least before expecting too much from him.

criticalanalysis

Another technically brilliant player, who is thrown in the squad amongst a bunch of other individuals expected to just work it out.

The amount of times he came central, giving us no width or packing the edge of the box was frustrating. That's on Ole letting them play freely.

Dinghy

He came from a team that was extremely well drilled, where players were moving off the ball, creating space for him, playing one twos etc. Our football is far more rudimentary. I think he will struggle until he hopefully adapts. I wouldn't be surprised if he does though, far too talented not to succeed.
No, he came from Dortmund. Complete myth that that side where well-drilled and playing fantastic football. They played direct, counter attacking football very much like us, but in a way weaker league.

MUFC OK

It's early days but wondering if the right hand side would suit him more. He started slowly for Dortmund last year so not too concerned.

MUFC OK

Skills aren't the problem, unfortunately there won't be many games in near future for him to regain his confidence.
But damn this boy can't defend.
He at least tracked back though, was another body back there when WHU had their counterattacks.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He at least tracked back though, was another body back there when WHU had their counterattacks.
I thought he had woken up in last 15mins, before that he just looked very lazy to me. Martial mk2. And his defending is terrible. Still 21 so not a big issue but it's amazing how we've accumulated so many forwards THAT poor at defending. Guardiola nightmare.

yamo123x

He doesn’t look fit or sharp in my opinion. Looks leggy and his game is based totally on quick sharp play and explosive movement. 90mins will help but he isn’t a starter based on that performance.

Scholsey2004

I was a huge fan of him when he was at Dortmund too. Since he came here he looks more like England Sancho than Dortmund Sancho. Worrying that other players who were sensational in Germany like Werner and Havertz have also struggled to adapt.

Frank Grimes

Decent in the 2nd half. When others were trying brain dead shots from distance he had the intelligence to pick out the right ball. His pass selection was always on point. He sent 2 lovely passes into VDB and Martial in the box in 2nd half and both times they lost possession.

SAFMUTD

Our attack works nothing like Dortmund's, anyone that have watched us and them can see it. Dortmund makes a lot of runs behind, really "all attack" mentality combined with the fact that the teams play way more open in the bundesliga. We play an "unstructured" attack, highly dependable on Bruno's and Pogba's magic. Most of the attack from the wings comes from individual efforts, more than 1-2s.

I think he's not adapted well to our "attacking system" hopefully he's the player many of us think he is, otherwise he'll become another VdB. A good player that simply dont fit under the current manager.

EtH

Our attack works nothing like Dortmund's, anyone that have watched us and them can see it. Dortmund makes a lot of runs behind, really "all attack" mentality combined with the fact that the teams play way more open in the bundesliga. We play an "unstructured" attack, highly dependable on Bruno's and Pogba's magic. Most of the attack from the wings comes from individual efforts, more than 1-2s.

I think he's not adapted well to our "attacking system" hopefully he's the player many of us think he is, otherwise he'll become another VdB. A good player that simply dont fit under the current manager.
He was fine today. Some clever passing and movement.

Obviously it will take some time for him to find his feet and adapt his play to a new league and new teammates. But when he does it will be fun to watch.

Also a bit odd mentioning DvB as he was the best player on the pitch today.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think we should build a team around players like Sancho and VDB, players who are really expert on build up play instead of merely relying on individual brilliance like Pogba or Bruno.

The reason of our shite football is because we have no clue on how to play systematically/collectively as a unit, we rely too heavily on individuals.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I said it before. I never saw it with him and when we signed him I was potentially expecting him to be the next Theo Walcott or the Next Aaron Lennon.

The One player that can maybe help him settle in a bit is Rashford- the player that so many rubbish United fans underrated. He scores in tap in goals. He can be on the opposite side to Sancho and really stretch the width of the park.

Let's see.

Never was impressed with most his CL or England performances so hope he gets Bundesliga type chances to improve soon.

CG1010

How do you explain the fact that Rashford and Shaw combine very well for 1-2s on the wing, while Sancho hasn't? Surely as he is coming from a superior footballing culture which is too sophisticated for our simpleton manager, he should be able to do atleast as well as simpleton Rashford in combining with Shaw?

I wish players like Sancho, VDB, Kagawa, etc were better advised to not come to United with this dinosour/ unsophisticated/ unstructured footballing culture. Have been hearing this since Fergies time and I am quite sick of it.

He was much better last night, more direct and probing with his runs. It's not possible to judge his passing when we have a statue playing centre forward.

We need Rashford back on the left and Sancho on the right. The dual threat should help both of them.

EtH

He was much better last night, more direct and probing with his runs. It's not possible to judge his passing when we have a statue playing centre forward.

We need Rashford back on the left and Sancho on the right. The dual threat should help both of them.
Watching the match back I almost feel sorry for him trying to play quick pass and move stuff with the likes of Martial and Mata.

Played a 1-2 with Mata at one point in the first half and Mata literally looked like he was running in quicksand trying to get to it. Was a bit sad.

dal

The wan bissaka and Pogba comparisons are lazy I feel. Most United fans know Wan Bissaka is primarily a defensive right back whose attacking play has significantly improved, I’m happy with him. Pogba is a specific/luxury type of player who should never had been brought for his price tag. Probably best as a left forward but doesn’t have the productivity to match someone even like Rashford.

Sancho looks like he is settling in, he’s probably had instructions to keep it simple for a few games, it’s obvious he has great control of the football and is very intelligent . I feel he will become a fans favourite soon.

Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford is really some incredible English talent however as I’ve said many times I’d have grealish over Sancho regardless of which wing Grealish plays on but we go with what we have got.

KingCavani

If people are saying he played well yesterday then they have shockingly low standards.

Looks shattered of confidence. Not taking players on, some heavy touches at vital times and obviously nothing in terms of end product. He looks like he doesn’t know where to be a lot of the time and Bruno looked to be pretty frustrated with him when he played him a 1-2 he didn’t want.

He has time to settle but the early signs are very concerning. I think the individualistic style we play is a huge change from the way Dortmund play. He wouldn’t be the first to struggle once leaving that system.

He needs to show something soon or he’s going to be relegated to a bit part player by the time Rashford returns and I can’t see how sporadic opportunities will help him settle in.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
For me its getting harder and harder to play him.

Apparently we are in the title race and every points matter, we can’t afford to always give start to a player who offer us nothing on the pitch.

On the other hand, he is huge investment of ours and he is clearly talented, and he definitely needs more game time to adapt to the pace of the league. Since we are out of league cup, he will have less 90 mins to adapt.

I think best way to use him, is to give him some mins in the 2nd half, when we are looking likely to win the match. This may slow down his adaption progresss with us, but we really need to make sure we get results first.

Current season:
- 0 goals 0 assists in 5 games
- avg 0.6 key pass
- avg 0.6 dribble
- 6.07 avg rating

Dortmund (20-21)
- 8 goals 11 assists in 26 games
- avg 2.6 key pass
- avg 3 dribble
- 7.54 avg rating

Dortmund (19-20):
- 17 goals 16 assists in 32 games
- avg 2.2 key pass
- avg 2.4 dribble
- 7.64 avg rating

Preference based on getting results:

LW:
1. Pogba/Rashford
3. Lingard
4. Sancho/Martial

RW:
1. Greenwood
2. Lingard
3. Sancho/Diallo

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Im just kind of glad It shows you how much the fans really know, pretending like they should have the club be run their way.

Early signs are not good.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Will the signing of Ronaldo ultimately limit his minutes this season? Obviously we would have Cavani but he’s barely fit. Ronaldo up top, which means Mason plays wide and also Pogba, Rashford and Martial. I’m convinced we never needed him. Typical United signing though. He didn’t have much competition for places at Dortmund did he? More direct players seem to get more joy here, and it might be tough for him once Rashford returns.

I’m jumping the gun massively, but looking back at some of the posts when we signed him you’d think we signed the English Messi.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I hardly ever remember watching him play at Dortmund so can't judge him from the past. Basically, too early to make judgements on the signing. However, early signs seem to suggest he needs a few goals and some good performances to up his confidence and get his swagger going. Once settled and feels an important part of the club we could have a player. I feel Lingard in form is a better option at the moment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Will the signing of Ronaldo ultimately limit his minutes this season? Obviously we would have Cavani but he’s barely fit. Ronaldo up top, which means Mason plays wide and also Pogba, Rashford and Martial. I’m convinced we never needed him. Typical United signing though. He didn’t have much competition for places at Dortmund did he? More direct players seem to get more joy here, and it might be tough for him once Rashford returns.

I’m jumping the gun massively, but looking back at some of the posts when we signed him you’d think we signed the English Messi.
Well back in season 19-20, he has the kind of goal+assists stats, which is somewhat comparable to Messi during same period (clearly not as good, but at least abit similar). Apart from that, he is also very talented, a good dribbler and playmaker, which resembles abit of Messi, in terms of his style of playmaking and goalscoring, with good involvement in build up play. In this sense, he is like a lesser version of Messi.

Deery

Dreary
Wasn’t impressed with his first half but much improved second if he keeps improving on that he should do fine.

JoaquinJoaquin

Greenwood is couple of levels above him on current form. Needs to perform from the bench now. When Rashford comes back, I fear the worst for him.

Every game that goes by without a goal or assist is going to weigh on him now.
Makes you think how much Greenwood is worth on this current market. Got to be well over 100m.

In terms of Sancho, I think he grew into the game as it went on. I'm not worried yet, but of course I can see why there may be slight concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.