5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazjoe

I agree. Let's get in a proper United winger in his place and no more of this inverted winger nonsense. Garnacho is the perfect example of a winger I want to see but somebody more complete would be great while he's still developing.
He's on 300,000 grand a week. He's going no where, as no one is offering anything close to that level of money.
He's here to stay so might as well try to coax something out of him.

Cloud7

Even on a bad day Antony offers more. He's a nothing player, really disappointing.
I've not been overly impressed with him since his signing, but I agree with this, which does not paint a good picture of Sancho at all

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
One of ours worst flops. Ever
I would say that Pogba, Alexis, Di Maria, Maguire, Lukaku and even Antony so far have not showed to be much more value for their price tag then Sancho. But i do agree that Sancho is no where the player we expected him to be, only good thing is that he is still very young and there is still 1-2 years for him to find his place in this team and maybe become the player we saw in Dortmund. I won´t give up on him yet and to be honest the game against Leicester where he scored the third goal and played more as a number 10 with Rashford as the LW, Bruno to the right and Wout upfront, was one of his best 30-40 minutes in a long time. He doesn't have the pace to play LW/RW and by the way when he was playing for Dortmund, he was playing more as a 10 but starting from the right side when countering and cutting in throw the middle.

-----Casemiro - Fred
Bruno - Sancho - Rashford
----------Osimhen (The nr 9 i would like to see us signing this summer)

Malone_Post

Is Sancho vs Antony the new Rashford vs Martial?
No. Rashford & Martial were actually talented.

That refusal to pass to Elanga who had an open goal was a disgusting decision. That’s him and Antony that have done that in the past two games. Our pair of £160 million pound wingers turning down guaranteed assists so they could be selfish and try and score themselves. Unforgivable decision making. We’ll get nowhere with these two.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looked exhausted after 15 mins. I only see him working if he turns to be ten hags united version of tadic who got tested in a lot of positions & i say that because i think he will be a better false 9 than CAM.

Jev

I'm a little surprised by the reactions. Actually thought he looked pretty bright when he came on, was eager and tried stuff, some of it was pretty tidy. I turned it off at around 82 minutes so he might have been atrocious for the last ten.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would say that Pogba, Alexis, Di Maria, Maguire, Lukaku and even Antony so far have not showed to be much more value for their price tag then Sancho. But i do agree that Sancho is no where the player we expected him to be, only good thing is that he is still very young and there is still 1-2 years for him to find his place in this team and maybe become the player we saw in Dortmund. I won´t give up on him yet and to be honest the game against Leicester where he scored the third goal and played more as a number 10 with Rashford as the LW, Bruno to the right and Wout upfront, was one of his best 30-40 minutes in a long time. He doesn't have the pace to play LW/RW and by the way when he was playing for Dortmund, he was playing more as a 10 but starting from the right side when countering and cutting in throw the middle.

-----Casemiro - Fred
Pogba was far better for us than Sancho has ever been and we at least recouped our fee for Lukaku and Di Maria which will never happen with Sancho. Alexis was much cheaper. Sancho and Maguire stand out as our biggest flops of the last few years.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought other than not squaring it to Elanga he looked a bit sharper than usual tonight.
He did. He always looks much better in friendly games, or when the opponent is no longer trying. Basically when the intensity is taken out of the game, he's good.
Was ineffective but had some nice touches.

On a different note, I wonder if he would pass the medical today. He looks like he can't handle a lot of running.

dal

The way I look at this is, if in my mind I assume all transfer fees paid were £0 and I didn’t know their age how would I view the players?

Antony and Garnacho I would think are technically exceptional players who are truly exciting along with Rashford. Pellistri looks a player who could bring something different. Sancho in my eyes looks lazy and ineffective would probably be sold.

I would bring Amad in to the fold next year and try to sell Sancho, Ten Hag has to persist with Sancho who is on a ridiculous £300k a week, seems insane, I don’t blame him for being lazy, I probably would if I had that locked in until 2027, another Woodward masterclass.

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

Speaking as someone who was desperate for us to sign him, its hard at this stage to see where he even fits in. Very sad.

Bondi77

Speaking as someone who was desperate for us to sign him, its hard at this stage to see where he even fits in. Very sad.
Off the bench for the last 15mins when the opposition are tired and he just goes hard for that period...that is as long as he can last anyway.

OrcaFat

He never really looked that good for us. He always struggled for game time. And yet he looked decent in Germany.

Either:

He is not as good as he was

or

He wasn’t as good as he looked.

I wonder which of these is true.

arthurka

Strikes me as one of those players who lost his edge when the money came rolling in. He was fantastic with Dortmund but United with fame and fortune is a whole new ball game.

OrcaFat

Strikes me as one of those players who lost his edge when the money came rolling in. He was fantastic with Dortmund but United with fame and fortune is a whole new ball game.
So you think it’s basically all mental application? Or to put it another way, do you think his ability we saw in Germany was genuine and not down to the lower quality of the league?

Keanes Magic Hat

The way I look at this is, if in my mind I assume all transfer fees paid were £0 and I didn’t know their age how would I view the players?

Antony and Garnacho I would think are technically exceptional players who are truly exciting along with Rashford. Pellistri looks a player who could bring something different. Sancho in my eyes looks lazy and ineffective would probably be sold.

I would bring Amad in to the fold next year and try to sell Sancho, Ten Hag has to persist with Sancho who is on a ridiculous £300k a week, seems insane, I don’t blame him for being lazy, I probably would if I had that locked in until 2027, another Woodward masterclass.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Antony as technically exceptional currently, he can't even use his right foot and has yet to provide an assist in the league. Really hope I'm wrong but like you say not knowing his fee or age looks very average apart from some brilliant finishes with his left foot.

Oranges038

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Antony as technically exceptional currently, he can't even use his right foot and has yet to provide an assist in the league. Really hope I'm wrong but like you say not knowing his fee or age looks very average apart from some brilliant finishes with his left foot.
I think Antony and Sancho are similar on the right, they both need a fullback who plays on the outside to allow them to operate slightly in field.
Even on the left Sancho needs this too. He's looked better out there on occasions when he's has Shaw and Malacia making those runs. Antony plays better with AWB because he's less likely to move infield, which is what Dalot does.

Neither of Utd's right backs offer the same level of support and movement that he's had previously, because they are both not very good. Getting at least a new starting right back that is good at making attacking runs and movements around the outside, back could unlock more from Antony or Sancho on the right.

dal

Yes but its obvious in terms if his press resistance and short play he looks technically great. He will start bagging a huge number of assists once we get a competent striker and once he learns to play simpler. I predict a Nani type pennys has dropped for him next season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

-----Casemiro - Fred
That's what we used to say of Martial who is well into his 20s now and looking nowhere near close to fulfilling his potential. If I knew nothing about football and how much Sancho, Antony and Garnacho cost, and was being forced to watch United this season, I don't think I'd have guessed that Garnacho is the one who cost just about half a million while the other two cost big money.

next_number_seven

That's what we used to say of Martial who is well into his 20s now and looking nowhere near close to fulfilling his potential. If I knew nothing about football and how much Sancho, Antony and Garnacho cost, and was being forced to watch United this season, I don't think I'd have guessed that Garnacho is the one who cost just about half a million while the other two cost big money.
I agree. Don't see the value in Sancho or Antony.
Ole's signings were a disaster except for Bruno.
Wilfried Zaha looks much better than either and we let him go for peanuts.

Garnacho is a gem

Steve 007

I think we need to calm down on both Anthony and Sancho. Look how poor Rashford was last season now he’s in the form of his life. Anthony has come to the PL from a much lesser standard league, he’s 23 and he’s done ok. He’s our 3rd top scorer with a mere 7 goals, he’ll get double figures and that’s a decent start. Next season hopefully we’ll get 15 to 20 out of him minimum. Sancho has come to Utd and is 22, he’s had a terrible season under the two previous managers (as did Rashford) both on the back of being the nations fall guys and abused racially on social media. Unlike Rashford he’s not came back yet. I think we need to see in time how he comes on now. There’s a player in there and the more competition the better.

OrcaFat

I think we need to calm down on both Anthony and Sancho. Look how poor Rashford was last season now he’s in the form of his life. Anthony has come to the PL from a much lesser standard league, he’s 23 and he’s done ok. He’s our 3rd top scorer with a mere 7 goals, he’ll get double figures and that’s a decent start. Next season hopefully we’ll get 15 to 20 out of him minimum. Sancho has come to Utd and is 22, he’s had a terrible season under the two previous managers (as did Rashford) both on the back of being the nations fall guys and abused racially on social media. Unlike Rashford he’s not came back yet. I think we need to see in time how he comes on now. There’s a player in there and the more competition the better.
If Antony gets 10 goals that’s really a vindication of his selections, I think.

Sancho could end up like Mata, I think. Classy, technically excellent, able to contribute a lot in patches but susceptible to being nullified due to his physical disadvantages.

spiriticon

I think Sancho is going to be more like Kagawa than Mata tbh. Mata had great set pieces in his arsenal, so he could be a danger even if he was nullified on the field. Antony may be equalling frustrating but he has that left foot shot that is a deadly weapon too.

Sancho is a tidy player but you can't really say much more than that at this moment.

OrcaFat

I think Sancho is going to be more like Kagawa than Mata tbh. Mata had great set pieces in his arsenal, so he could be a danger even if he was nullified on the field. Antony may be equalling frustrating but he has that left foot shot that is a deadly weapon too.

Sancho is a tidy player but you can't really say much more than that at this moment.
Kagawa sort of came and went without anyone really noticing. Kagawa compared to Sancho, I’d say, was a better athlete, more industrious, less refined technically and probably about as effective (or ineffective).

Mata is ahead of both, of course, but I think Sancho is a better match to Mata in terms of overall style and their roles in the team.

The United

Looked much better in this game.

His lack of urgency or intensity or whatever with that shot cost them two men. Not bad.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
What a profitable moment of weakness that was. Three red cards. Well played, Sancho. Sort of.

arnie_ni

I know some posters thought he messed that up but I loved the composure to round the keeper. The easy option was the first time shot.

Fantastic pass to Shaw for the 2nd

Nick7

Man of the match. Who else could provide that kind of impact with just one shot.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was anonymous for much of the game but did well on both goals. That weight of pass when he out Shaw through is what he should do more often.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Excellent on the left. When he's not absolutely shattered with confidence, his technique in his passing and touch is so good combined with elite decision making. He doesn't suit playing with Malacia but with Shaw overlapping, there is huge potential on that side. Both with great control, composure and technique and suit each other's styles.

Want to see more of him on the left, and Rashford through the middle. Weghorst to the bench...

Status
Not open for further replies.