g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I know some posters thought he messed that up but I loved the composure to round the keeper. The easy option was the first time shot.

Fantastic pass to Shaw for the 2nd
Agreed. He has fantastic decision making and composure in the final third. Problem is we play so fecking direct currently without a real controlling midfielder that we don’t get him in those positions often enough.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He’s been a bit of a one trick pony with us, that perfectly timed through ball in between fullback and centre back. We really don’t use that trick often enough. His timing of the pass is impeccable.

The amount of times he fails to beat a man either with a dribble or a flick is nuts given he’s clearly got quick feet and great balance. And the amount of time he gifts the ball in safe positions is ludicrous. It seems hard to believe that’s his natural state, so whatever it is that’s not quite working, I’m still pretty sure he’ll be a team of the season type player for years to come. Just might not be here.

acnumber9

Not great but big part to play in the first two goals. He’s a five a side player in an eleven a side game.

The United

I mean it's called composure which he had displayed before when through on goal.
We almost didn't get a goal by having too much of it. Almost. Wiliams did not have to raise his hand, because his knee was going to block it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was the only (somewhat) effective attacker before Antony came on. Maybe could have done better for the Willian block, but it wasn't straightforward - the pass put him very close to the keeper, he did very well to get around him without going wide, maybe after that is where he took an extra touch...his shot is going in if Willian doesn't save it anyway.

Pirlo'sBeard

His composure is incredible.

He just needs to impose himself on the game more. Hopefully he kicks on after this.

Idxomer

He's got a good chemistry with Shaw. Not so much with whichever fullback he plays with on the right.
Because Shaw is one of the few good link up players we have in the squad, actually probably the only one with Sancho himself and Martial.

Superunknown

I don't know what the feck happened, but I love it. Bet he's just stood there watching it all unfold with a shrug.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
From zero to hero. First game he played 90 min.?

Has (almost) all the tools to be incredible player. It just seems like he's another LW.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So that's how to get the best out of him then, just play him against 9 men

Irwin99

I honestly didn't think he played that well until the last twenty minutes. Neat, tidy but offered very little.

TsuWave

Bond villain. Got the pen, got three of them man sent off and involved in Sabitzer's goal.

Mastermind.

aeh1991

Thought the critics were too harsh during the game. Hope he takes some confidence from this game

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Mixed bag again, he clearly has good qualities but just needs to show it more. Requires patience I think eventually he will win us all over

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I honestly didn't think he played that well until the last twenty minutes. Neat, tidy but offered very little.
Put Sabitzer in for the pullback that Rashford should’ve tapped in. Put Tominay through on goal with the first time pass. Literally two of the three chances we created in the first half and the reason we created so little was be because we played without a midfield. If he was just neat and tidy I don’t know what Fernandes was.

spiriticon

Was crap until they went down to 9 men, then suddenly he had more space. Quelle surprise.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hard game to rate. Absolutely worthless for the first 70 minutes, but made both goals. I was screaming at him to fecking put the ball in the net, but in the end his decision to not do so caused the Fulham meltdown that won us the game. :lol:

You can question most of his other attributes and his general suitability to be a PL player, but his composure is absolutely incredible - as we saw with his goals against Liverpool and Chelsea. He seems to treat having a vital open goal chance in front of the Stretford End the same as he would if he was dicking about in training.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I He's very composed player with excellent technical ability. There are games that is a good weapon (like today). Unfortunately those games don't come very often and when football is played on high intensity, he just isn't effective.

Anyway, he had a good game today and played a crucial role in the win, so something to build on.

RENZOMUFC

Much more effective on the left. Wasnt great in the first half but i dont think the complete slander is warranted.

Idxomer

Put Sabitzer in for the pullback that Rashford should’ve tapped in. Put Tominay through on goal with the first time pass. Literally two of the three chances we created in the first half and the reason we created so little was be because we played without a midfield. If he was just neat and tidy I don’t know what Fernandes was.
One of those games where it's obvious why he could've been really good for a Pep team. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of other players with good feet he could combine with and show his best football.

Rustyspider13

His physicality is letting him down. His passing is fantastic and composure is brilliant. But he doesn't back himself in duels. If we persist with him then we need to get players around him with similar technical ability and vision.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And to be fair to him the buildup from midfield and fullbacks was atrocious today. Can’t be easy being a forward on a day like today (pre reds)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
One of those games where it's obvious why he could've been really good for a Pep team. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of other players with good feet he could combine with and show his best football.
I think something that we just haven't done enough of (for obvious reasons with Rashford just being a more important player for us), is having him and Shaw link up on the left. They suit each other really well. Given our strikers are non existent, would like to see Rashford central and Sancho on the left to have that link up with Shaw.

criticalanalysis

The last time we had an international break, I thought he would come back all guns blazing and be super fit. Then he went away for a few months.

Although he was bad pre-penalty, hopefully this gives him the impetus and confidence going forward. We need him to contribute.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Moments before the red card/ pen was awarded. :lol:

I think it’s fair to say that opinions on him are polarised. I thought he showed good composure there before the Willian handball.
I know :lol: I was certain that miss had cost us the tie........ whoops

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I thought he was OK in the first half. Lacked directness (not his style though) but made some nice passes that ended in good chances.

Then came the wasted chance (good thing in retrospective) that ended up in the penalty and red cards, and from then on, his body language changed and started moving more nimbly and with pace. That's the Sancho we need to show up more.

Malone_Post

The problem Sancho has is we already have two better players then him in his best position. Unless he can learn the #10 role and be Bruno’s backup/rotation option I don’t really see a future for him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.