Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Has a bit of credit in the bank with me still (and will continue to have for good while after that goal against the scouse), but he played like he was fecking asleep today.

Luka Mora

Tbf, Lingard showed more than Sancho for a few seasons, albeit over the course of a longer period. A young Lingard had much better stamina, was more industrious, and a lot faster. Sancho's technique/touch is better, but that's not enough.

It might be a lazy comparison, but it's so similar to Mkhitaryan and Kagawa at United so far.
Mkhitaryan was a beast for for us in europa and scored important match winners and made loads of assists before he fizzled out. Kagawa was never really given a chance

I never seen Sancho score any of the goals Mkhitaryan scored for us. The scorpion kick will always be remembered. We got good value out of a 35 million winger

RedDevil@84

Hopefully I am proved wrong, but it almost seems like we gave silly money to buy a hyped up English player and waking up "Oh Shit!!".

Or maybe this is what 300 - 350k a week salary gets you nowadays.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Never even got the ball. I just don't think we'll see the best of him until you have a real link up play striker. He's an inside playmaker, not a scorching winger, and needs other footballers to play off of. Tonight he had Ronaldo miles away in the box, Fred and Lindelof behind, and Bruno as the only other one near.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't get what he's good at. 74m is looking an awful lot of money for what we are getting back.

Blood Mage

His form is concerning, he's looking like last season's Rashford but without the pace. He'll be dropped if this carries on.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
As a neutral, watching his lack of fight is annoying, can't imagine how much more for you United fans, he is so damn soft. He has all the talent as we saw at Dortmund but he looks lazy, unfit and disinterested here. No idea what has happened to this guy.. attitude problems? Thinks he's made it already?

You'd think with ten Hag coming in and it being a World cup year we'd see a motivated Sancho.

Frank White

Does deserved criticism and skepticism go under the definition of scapegoating?
Apparently when it's players we like it's "scapegoating" but reading his post history he has no problem calling other players shit when they play shit.

Another weak cameo from Sancho to add to the bank of utter nothingness from the lad.

sammyhol

How many good games has this lad had for us?….

i can barely think of any. I’m over a year.

rashford and martial have always been very up and down, but both have had sustained periods of effectiveness.

i just can’t see what this lad is actually elite at?…

not fast. No stamina. Not particularly great passer or crossers. Nice feet, but not got the pace to leave a man. Just don’t see it at all.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He just isn’t fast enough. It really is that simple.

TsuWave

Does deserved criticism and skepticism go under the definition of scapegoating?
This thread is one of the most active despite him playing a limited part in what was a tumescent team performance. He wasn’t good though, but being thrown into that shite will always be tough

Betson

There seems to be no drive in him , seems very slow and timid and adds little to the team. Would not be surprised if he was a bench layer by the middle of the season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His form is concerning, he's looking like last season's Rashford but without the pace. He'll be dropped if this carries on.
Eh?

Sancho of last season only matched Rashford's output too. They were both awful.

Why do our fans seem to think Sancho's debut season was pretty good? It was fecking tragic for what we paid.

kaku06

Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Spurs all have better wingers than us and ours are the most expensive by a country mile. Depressing.

Strootman's Finger

As a neutral, watching his lack of fight is annoying, can't imagine how much more for you United fans, he is so damn soft. He has all the talent as we saw at Dortmund but he looks lazy, unfit and disinterested here. No idea what has happened to this guy.. attitude problems? Thinks he's made it already?

You'd think with ten Hag coming in and it being a World cup year we'd see a motivated Sancho.
Check out his instagram, he doesn't need to play good he's already got the private jet, the yacht, the custom purses (WTF??), gold chains, etc, etc. Why does he need to play good, he's already earning enough to live the lifestyle he wants.

I miss footballers that play for the love of the game, that used to be the standard, now it seems a rarity.

Strootman's Finger

He's one of the players I expected most to respond to Ten Hag's tactics and style, I expected him to thrive this season. I know he's got a couple goals, but those were flukes compared to his generally awful play this year. Put Antony on the right, Rashford on the left and Sancho on the bench, bring on Elanga as first sub too, this guy needs to learn to fight for his place.

Blood Mage

I feel like his lack of pace and stamina make him ill-suited to a wide role and he needs to be playing centrally. It would be interesting to see him play as a false 9.

Baneofthegame

Just like to see him take on someone, rather than take three touches, slow down and pass back to the nearest player.

DarkXaero

I feel like his lack of pace and stamina make him ill-suited to a wide role and he needs to be playing centrally. It would be interesting to see him play as a false 9.
His lack of urgency, enthusiasm, aggression, whatever you wanna call it, it makes him ill-suited to play anywhere at a high level. It's inexcusable.

CallyRed

I'll give him the next three years but if he is still crap after that I've had it with him

Luka Mora

And when that doesn't work out where does he play next after he demonstrates that he lacks the bravery to play killer balls? Do we then say his lack of risk taking means he's better suited playing as a Defensive midfielder?

The excuses for this player are laughable. I've said it before he doesn't have the mentality, hunger and cutting edge to his game to be a world class winger. He is a fair-weather player who will have the odd moment of brilliance but will rest on his laurels and put in a stinker the following game.

kaku06

He will never work as a wide winger. He doesn’t have the pace or acceleration or physicality to beat his man. He can only work as an inverted forward who links up with other players, plays 1-2 with the striker, do some intricate pass and moves. The quicker the fans and the manager learn the better.

CloneMC16

This man is getting benched as soon as Martial is fit. I know he has ability, but he's not really showing anything. His lack of stamina is also a problem. He did have some good performances for us between Jan-Mar last season. He was looking decent, but he's gone back to playing how he was before that.

For how much we paid for him, and how much he's paid, his performances are nowhere near acceptable. I can't get behind the excuses anymore.

lex talionis

I’m disappointed with Sancho’s lack of purpose tonight. Bit of a mare, to be honest.

Seij

Lack of stamina and speed is showing up to be a major issue. He's been here for over a year and really should've built enough stamina to last longer than 60 minutes each game. Still think he should be given more chances but hope he doesn't complete the tragedy of Ole's Brexit transfer policy.

AussieDevil

Just needs to be more direct, and his issue is more a slowness in anticipation than in speed.

Bondi77

It could have been worse.. we could have bought him the first season we were interested in him and then we would have been mega rinsed by Dortmund!

Boavista

People keep saying this but City have high demands for their wingers and let him go for £7 million not giving him any first team minutes yet Foden got minutes
Bit misleading since City did try to keep Sancho and get him to sign a professional contract, while Foden signed a very similar contract offer around the same time and barely got any minutes in the next couple of seasons.

Anyway, apparently those £7 million (which rose considerably to £18 million with add ons and sell ons) weren't even strictly necessary because Sancho only had a scholarship contract with City which Sancho could legally terminate himself; and he did just that, hence the questionable reports of him going on strike to force a move when arguably he wasn't even under contract anymore. In the end Dortmund paid up that amount instead of the mere few hundred thousand required compensation, just to avoid delaying the transfer in case it would go to court and potentially jeopardise the move.

£7 million on its own doesn't sound like a lot, but considering that City didn't have much leverage and could have lost him for next to nothing, I'd say that's a fairly lucky outcome for them and not necessarily a sign City didn't value him.

Status
Not open for further replies.