5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

He’s at his best in tight spaces with teams parked in their areas, trying to pick the lock with one twos and sharp movement.
Not sure his best is good enough though.

criticalanalysis

So you don't want him to run at players, you want him to drop a shoulder an run at players? ;)
That should have been 'over eager'. If I had to simplify it, I think he gives defenders too much respect and he should be baiting them, standing them up with confidence/bravado, to create those hesitations and half spaces (for himself and others). Anyways, too much to read into a sub appearance. Hopefully he finds some form and can build from it.

Luka Mora

Should have had a goal, had Bruno played him through when he made a run through the middle, instead he passed to his boyfriend who was drifting wide.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was good for the first half, really bad in the second

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I swear he is living a charmed life. Receive the ball, shimmy a bit, pass it back to Bruno or Shaw. Job done, 350k at the end of the week in the bank.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So disappointing. I still feel he's a fantastic talent. But he doesn't haven't anywhere near the fight, intensity and physical ruggedness needed at the moment. Really hope he rises to the challenge as ability wise he's got plenty.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was the best of the front 4 imo. The others are too obsessed with forcing it to Ronaldo. Should've won that pen too.

Conor

There was a 20 mins stretch where I genuinely forgot he was on the pitch.

bosnian_red

Agreed, he's being scapegoated here. He was the least of our attacking problems today.
Yup. The only one who was actually keeping the ball in the attack and trying to play the smart option and combining, progressing the ball... Antony kept trying to lump it to Ronaldo,

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The opening 10 mins of the first half, he started well. He faded into nothingness. But I think he's worth persisting with. He should have had a penalty though. That was a stonewaller.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He was the best of the front 4 imo. The others are too obsessed with forcing it to Ronaldo. Should've won that pen too.
Uh, today he was the best of the front 4?! Why? He was shocking and lacked any initiative at all. Bruno tried to make things happen, Antony too... Ronaldo wasn't great but had chances. Sancho did nothing

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hope he might come into it more if we start to dominate matches more, I don’t think he’s the kind of winger to force things sadly. Had some good matches this season but sometimes you forget he’s playing.

TsuWave

Thought he was good in the first half. faded in the second. Decent overall

thread will be full of hyperbole cause he’s now unfortunately marked as a scapegoat

BerryBerryShrew

Uh, today he was the best of the front 4?! Why? He was shocking and lacked any initiative at all. Bruno tried to make things happen, Antony too... Ronaldo wasn't great but had chances. Sancho did nothing
They tried to make things happen by playing heroball which is exactly what we're trying to move away from. Sancho played reasonably today - unless you feel like all of our front four should have been giving the ball away constantly.

criticalanalysis

Mentioned it in the match day thread but no exaggeration, he was ignored at least 3-5 times in a row when the ball broke to us at the end of the second half. Bewildering stuff from Bruno, Fred and Rashford iirc.

I thought he's done better than the previous games but still could do more. At the end he laid it off for Casemiro for the outside of the boot cross for Rashford's chance sort of epitomises his game at times. He had all the time to drive into the box yet instead meekly but effectively laid it off for someone else to make the difference.

Part of the reason why he doesn't receive the ball more is because he has a lack of character or personality on the pitch. It's half his fault and half his team mates.

bosnian_red

Ronaldo was horrid, what do you mean? Antony did alright but his final ball and decisions were horrible. Bruno as per lately did nothing in the final 3rd. Sancho was constantly probing in and around the box and actually picking players out, not forcing it... Wasn't great, but the others were awful and he was at least "decent".

MDFC Manager

Mentioned it in the match day thread but no exaggeration, he was ignored at least 3-5 times in a row when the ball broke to us at the end of the second half. Bewildering stuff from Bruno, Fred and Rashford iirc.
It drove me absolute nuts... Wanted to smash someones head in

Frank White

I thought he's done better than the previous games but still could do more. At the end he laid it off for Casemiro for the outside of the boot cross for Rashford's chance sort of epitomises his game at times. He had all the time to drive into the box yet instead meekly but effectively laid it off for someone else to make the difference.

Part of the reason why he doesn't receive the ball more is because he has a lack of character or personality on the pitch. It's half his fault and half his team mates.
Doesn't the last part of your post answer the first part? He's ignored because even when he does get it he does feck all with it. Genuinely just the bog standard game from him, literally does nothing. Nothing go backwards, nothing forwards just nothing.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I was fecking annoyed that no one was finding him when he had made good runs toward the end of the game. Bruno and Rashford both tried to be clever instead of taking the correct option of passing it to Sancho on the left

Leonzo1

The inexcusable reluctance to take on a player is mind boggling. Can't recall a single time he tried to dribble past a player instead of passing it back. Meanwhile Antony did it about 3-4 times, and he was far from having a great game.

UnitedRepublic

Agreed, he's being scapegoated here. He was the least of our attacking problems today.
Exactly clearly our best attacking player today don’t know what people were watching. Antony no penetration at all with his passes hitting their players everytime or over hitting his passes.
Sancho has had bad games this season but this was not one of them.

criticalanalysis

Doesn't the last part of your post answer the first part? He's ignored because even when he does get it he does feck all with it. Genuinely just the bog standard game from him, literally does nothing. Nothing go backwards, nothing forwards just nothing.
He was the free man, running into space down the left wing. It's one of the most optimal positions and situations in a game to play the pass. Regardless of what I think about his execution at times, he should have been played into. I have 'confidence' he would have played a good pass or done something well then because it was in open play/on the break, where his game intelligence and technique is quite good.

It's when he's asked to do more in 1-vs-1s and against a tight defender that I think he's lacking currently.

Maik2022

Was he playing?
I tuned in at 65 minutes, spotted all players, except that one on the left, there was never a close shot until the 90th minute or so, i guessed it had to be him, but was not sure. Shocking.

Frank White

Exactly clearly our best attacking player today don’t know what people were watching. Antony no penetration at all with his passes hitting their players everytime or over hitting his passes.
Sancho has had bad games this season but this was not one of them.
That's the thing with him though, It's not normally a bad game in the sense that nothing comes off for him it's just it's nothing full stop. Like with him he gets the ball and the expectation that he'll do something is nothing. Antony even when he's playing bad you always have that left foot, with Sancho it's just nothing.

Idxomer

I thought he had a good game but he needed a better striker to link up with.

Catalandevil

Poor. He needs to trust himself more. I had the feeling some players were avoiding him.

flappyjay

That's the thing with him though, It's not normally a bad game in the sense that nothing comes off for him it's just it's nothing full stop. Like with him he gets the ball and the expectation that he'll do something is nothing. Antony even when he's playing bad you always have that left foot, with Sancho it's just nothing.
Antony was given the ball in good positions today and wasted them but there is some praise in his thread. Sancho used the ball well and he should should have had a pen.

Frank White

Antony was given the ball in good positions today and wasted them but there is some praise in his thread. Sancho used the ball well and he should should have had a pen.
That's a stretch, he's rightly getting pelters by the majority. With Sancho though seems like he gets the "if he doesn't try, he can't be critiqued" to say that game from him was good is mental to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.