Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think he did well. Obviously our plan was to circle with the ball arounf penalty area. Good pressing game too.

Mailo

If he had the fire in his belly like Licha, he'd be insane, but he doesn't have that in him, unfortunately.

sammyhol

My one negative comment I’m allowing myself after such a great display…

a fit and firing Martial sees Rashford out wide, and Jadon on the bench doesn’t it..

PoTMS

Nah, he was below par in an otherwise fantastic team performance. Everyone put in 8-9/10's, and yet Sancho bar the 'assist' was anonymous. And that's the problem with him - his stats look good on paper but in truth, he's been awful this season. He can't be dropped soon enough.

saivet

Defensively he was good and worked hard but not enough involvement on the ball tonight. He didn't hold us back as the whole front line pressed well but just not involved enough for my liking.

He hasn't done enough to keep his place when Martial is back.

slored1

Worryingly passive. Antony is everywhere and yet Sancho plays so timidly. Not great.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nothing player at the moment. We need so much more. With Antony not a 1v1 player, we need more spark from the other side.

The Dane

What’s wrong with this guy, he looks and play like Rashford did last season when he was at his worst.
Is it lack of self confidence or does he just not give a s&@t.
I am not sure Elanga has what it takes to play for a top club, but he should be given a chance if this continues.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was quite lively in the first half, participated a lot in the build-up with nimble tricks & passes. Completely disappeared in the second, overall he was comfortably our worst player today :(

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He was quite lively in the first half, participated a lot in the build-up with nimble tricks & passes. Completely disappeared in the second, overall he was comfortably our worst player today :(
Agree with you. Thought he did quite well in the first half, faded out in the second.

AFC NimbleThumb

Not writing him off yet. There are moments where he gets into 1-v-1s & he comes to life abit but as I’m already seeing with Antony the team are struggling to get them into their best positions enough. Feels like it’s 2-v-1 more often than not.

mu4c_20le

Doesn't seem to have developed chemistry with Shaw just yet, I noticed Shaw ignored him a few times, they just aren't flowing yet. He was pretty good when he had the ball though.

saivet

The strange thing is that it's probably a performance ETH is happy with. Plenty of room for improvement but he kept the ball well, worked hard and pressed well. Also noticed him making a lot of good runs in behind, where he wasn't found but he made himself an option and created space for others with them.

youngrell

Probably the least impressive performance in the team tonight, however he was very important in us getting out from the back down the left, his first touch and passing inside helped break their press and set up a counter several times.

Kaos

Needs some time on the bench.

If Martial is fit I’d start him instead, moving Rashford to the left. If not I’d even go with Elanga instead, at least he has pace.

predator

Youth NITK
He's so talented and has great dribbling, close control but I don't think he's going to strive in the Prem. There's just not enough intensity in him hence why he appears so passive in games. Shame because he is a very good footballer but he's not a good fit for us at this moment in time. The signing of Anyony has exposed him a bit I feel.

An industrious left winger who follows ETH's instructions would be much better for us.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he did well. Obviously our plan was to circle with the ball arounf penalty area. Good pressing game too.
Elanga can do that too. I think he's also more likely to beat a defender than current Sancho.
His pressing wasn't that good. He jogged a bit but without real intensity that would cause opponents mistakes. Meh overall.

Welbeckham

He tends to be a bit of a passenger. Has ability but he often appears very soft and slightly disengaged. There is a world of difference when you compare his movement, intelligence and eagerness with the likes of Saka and Foden, or even with Antony.

His goal threat is also quite minimal, as he lacks the explosiveness and greediness Rashford and Antony at least sometimes seem to have.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Elanga can do that too. I think he's also more likely to beat a defender than current Sancho.
His pressing wasn't that good. He jogged a bit but without real intensity that would cause opponents mistakes. Meh overall.
Elanga with his technique? I don't think so.

edgecutter

Is elanga any worse? Sancho really offers nothing g and yet he's on astronomical wages.

saivet

Let's be honest, we've seen enough from Elanga that he lacks the technical security to be anything more than a bench option. It wasn't a good Sancho performance but the team comfortably better off with Sancho in it over Elanga.

I think some have forgotten how limited of a footballer Elanga. We'll be reminded eventually when Elanga does start a game and everyone is moaning he messes up a lot of the basics.

Valencia Shin Crosses

My one negative comment I’m allowing myself after such a great display…

a fit and firing Martial sees Rashford out wide, and Jadon on the bench doesn’t it..
Yep no doubt. He was literally the only player on the pitch I was disappointed with today. Feels like he's lost all that confidence he built up in preseason too.

I'd still like to see him played behind the striker as a 10, even if in a league cup game, because I think it would give him a bit more freedom to influence the game. He's not assertive enough on the wing, and it pisses me off because you can tell he's a technically brilliant footballer that can do some really difficult things with ease.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Let's be honest, we've seen enough from Elanga that he lacks the technical security to be anything more than a bench option. It wasn't a good Sancho performance but the team comfortably better off with Sancho in it over Elanga.
No doubt. Elanga should never start ahead of Sancho. Even for all his lack of production, his ability to keep the ball in tight spaces and recycle it is vital compared to Elanga's poor technique

TheRedHearted

Not writing him off yet. There are moments where he gets into 1-v-1s & he comes to life abit but as I’m already seeing with Antony the team are struggling to get them into their best positions enough. Feels like it’s 2-v-1 more often than not.
Tell them to start running in behind when they only have a fullback with them. Craziness and especially with the way fred or Erickson can ping in a floater over defenders we need more of this

BerryBerryShrew

His bottom level is a lot higher than a lot of other attackers because he knows how to retain possession. We're not seeing much of his top level though.

When all of our attackers (including Bruno) did very little against Newcastle, he was the best of a mediocre lot. Tonight, he was the worst because the others upped their game and intensity.

Andersons Dietician

I thought he was actually pretty good today. He certainly needs to start taking on players more but he was one of the better pressers and sprinted to get back in to positions and had some very nice moments of interplay with Shaw.
Does need to become more of a threat but I think that will come if we can continue playing like this.

flameinthesun

His technique is fine. Especially in a game like this (where wingers got a lot of space out wide), imo he would be a better option.
Have to disagree. Sancho has very sound technique in tight spaces and is much better at retaining the ball in those tight situations. Elanga struggles with that. With space he can be effective to a degree. But its a clear step down when elanga plays.

The United

In a game where we showed some of our best attacking play, he was the worst. He is improving of course.

But when putting him under pressure even in a game like this, his level drops in those moments and he couldn't even simply pass the ball to own teammates at times.

tomaldinho1

If he had the fire in his belly like Licha, he'd be insane, but he doesn't have that in him, unfortunately.
This is what I’m not seeing - that time he lost the ball and Shaw (someone I don’t really associate with passionate performances) sprinted in to cover him and put in a big tackle he just seemed so chilled.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I heard groans from the crowd in the first half. Can anyone back this up?

He needs benching and a Europa game to regain confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.