5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

Really can't compare us to Madrid right now.

Yes they have pressure, but they're winning league titles and CL titles regularly.

We have the pressure but also facing losing, being humbled by lower teams like Brentford etc. Lets not forget Sancho was also racially abused at the Euros by idiotic people.

I can quite safely say our players are way more abused by our fanbase than anything Real Madrid players would have received recently. Only Bale would come close but he doesn't really care.
I agree with this. Worldwide football fans I notice put Nottingham Forest on a similar level as Getafe for example laughing at teams finding it hard against them.

Forest probably spent almost the full La Liga transfer budget if you don’t count the big 3.

Madrid fans also laugh at us playing in the Europa league. Zidane got under 70 points one year in La Liga…

You play at that level in the Prem it’s bye bye Champions League hello Europa Conference League.

We face actual recent CL winners to get top 4 most of which made Madrid look like underdogs last season in various ties. Our league is brutal.

Maybe this is why our players get more burnt out.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As far as I know, of all the players you are mentioning, only Lingard has had any reported problems with mental health.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...d-mentally-season-fell-favour-Man-United.html

Ronaldo lost a child. And Jordan Peterson (lol) claimed Ronaldo went to him for mental health assistance. Martial claimed in an interview in France a few months back that Ole requested he play through injury for months, leading to the striker failing to be able to properly sprint, and Ole not mentioning that publicly at any point, leading to Martial’s worst form at the club and a subsequent loan.

I don’t really think you need players to actively say they’re struggling with mental health to see it’s most likely a problem.

And that’s only the attackers — Harry Maguire got meme’d to the point that Ghanaian parliament were using him in jokes.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Ah OK. I didn't watch much of him at Dortmund. Just an ignorant conclusion based of watching a bloody good right back.
It's not completely wrong. Sancho was at his best when he played ahead of an attacking fullback, but it worked with Hakimi, Guerreiro and Pisczcek. He looked less productive ahead of other full backs.

So it looks like the FB style of play matters a lot to him, but the actual quality not so much (Pisczcek was on his last legs and playing through pain in his final matches that saw them winning the cup with Sancho as standout performer, individually he was far worse than in Klopp's time there, at that time he really was a top player)

Zetrio2002

It's not completely wrong. Sancho was at his best when he played ahead of an attacking fullback, but it worked with Hakimi, Guerreiro and Pisczcek. He looked less productive ahead of other full backs.

So it looks like the FB style of play matters a lot to him, but the actual quality not so much (Pisczcek was on his last legs and playing through pain in his final matches that saw them winning the cup with Sancho as standout performer, individually he was far worse than in Klopp's time there, at that time he really was a top player)
Haha but Luke Shaw is considered above average and Dalot is very promising. Good times ahead for Sancho.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Haha but Luke Shaw is considered above average and Dalot is very promising. Good times ahead for Sancho.
Yes, Shaw/Sancho or Dalot/Sancho should both work well together. Sancho/AWB would have been expected to be a disaster, nonetheless I'm convinced that Sancho's troubles are mainly his own, United has the necessary players to get the best out of him, he just didn't show it so far.

Dve

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...d-mentally-season-fell-favour-Man-United.html

Ronaldo lost a child. And Jordan Peterson (lol) claimed Ronaldo went to him for mental health assistance. Martial claimed in an interview in France a few months back that Ole requested he play through injury for months, leading to the striker failing to be able to properly sprint, and Ole not mentioning that publicly at any point, leading to Martial’s worst form at the club and a subsequent loan.

I don’t really think you need players to actively say they’re struggling with mental health to see it’s most likely a problem.

And that’s only the attackers — Harry Maguire got meme’d to the point that Ghanaian parliament were using him in jokes.
Mental things, or struggling mentally, is not the same as having mental health problems. Every player can need helped mentally. Lack of confidence or lack of motivation are mental things, while e.g. depression is a health issue. For the latter, you might need to see a doctor.

Zetrio2002

Sancho is great at assist. Just look at his numerous passes to the striker. I think he will be the next assist king going forward.

Last edited:

lost7

I still believe in him - he can turn it around in the second half of the season - everyone who's writing him off now will hopefully come around just like most have with Rashford

croadyman

I still believe in him - he can turn it around in the second half of the season - everyone who's writing him off now will hopefully come around just like most have with Rashford
Yeah Erik has probably told him that I know that Dortmund player is in there,however think you need some time away to get yourself in the right head space

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I’m looking forward to seeing him again, like a new signing.

Just hope he’s more explosive and has better stamina now.

He would have to settle for right wing though, the left is taken. Unless Martial breaks down again, that is always a possibility.

Bondi77

It will be interesting to see pictures of him soon to see if he is any slimmer as he always looked a little on the heavy side to me. Of course that could be his body shape but it will be interesting none the less.

Marwood

Individual training now at Carrington?

Makes you wonder just how out of shape he was.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Loan him out for the next five months. Been saying that forever, more than anything else this boy needs a place where he will play regularly, be a star, have less pressure and rack up the numbers to get his confidence back. Even Rangers/Ajax/Besiktas in one of the weaker leagues would be great for him.

He is going to be in the spotlight constantly here, probably even more so now. I don’t really see how after those 18 months he will just turn it around without a major shakeup which a loan to another team would be. We should have done it a year ago, or at least in the Summer, but it’s not too late to make what is possibly the most obvious move ever.

Skills

Snitch
Loan him out for the next five months. Been saying that forever, more than anything else this boy needs a place where he will play regularly, be a star, have less pressure and rack up the numbers to get his confidence back. Even Rangers/Ajax/Besiktas in one of the weaker leagues would be great for him.

He is going to be in the spotlight constantly here, probably even more so now. I don’t really see how after those 18 months he will just turn it around without a major shakeup which a loan to another team would be. We should have done it a year ago, or at least in the Summer, but it’s not too late to make what is possibly the most obvious move ever.
:lol:

sepulturite

Lucky for United your not in charge of making these kind of decisions.

CM

Hopefully this means he's not too far away. We have a couple of kinder fixtures before City so it would be nice if he's available for those.

GledTheRed

:lol:

Bondi77

I think we know he can perform in the weaker leagues.....Bundesliga???

croadyman

I’m looking forward to seeing him again, like a new signing.

Just hope he’s more explosive and has better stamina now.

He would have to settle for right wing though, the left is taken. Unless Martial breaks down again, that is always a possibility.
Yeah I honestly believe given the right training programme and coaching from Erik he can find that Dortmund form here

El Jefe

Based on nothing at all but I believe he's been given 8 weeks to get himself back into the shape that EtH requires. Its been 5 weeks since he's been put on this training programme I believe.

Many observers have been saying he looked out of shape for some time and his stamina seems to be even worse as he's only played the full 90mins once in the PL this season.

Realistically it would take some time to get him in the shape needed to play regularly. It's baffling as this is what preseason is meant to be for but if it yields results I will be happy as we need his contribution this season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I do wonder whether Hakimi made Sancho look better than he actually he is.
He played great at Dortmund with and without Hakimi, with and without Haaland. He was just a worlie of a young player at Dortmund. Shell of the player since he's joined, but I don't blame him for last season. Impossible situation. Not sure what's going on this season, he started it decently but just goes hiding too often.

GoldanoGraham

We’ve got a friend who is a very budding athlete, always been full of energy and very competitive. Earlier this year they got covid - nothing severe, but then struggled massively after with energy levels and complete apathy, they just couldn’t seem to shake it at all. Took them nearly 6 months to get back up and running to full steam again - they said that they just couldn’t shrug it off and no matter what they did they just felt tired and exhausted all the time. All blood tests came back negative for anything else so doctors said it must have been a side effect of covid.

Now not saying that’s what’s happened to Jadon but you can see similarities. Energy and performance levels drop off, criticism ramps up on his performance and he loses his place and then gets really down about it all…… kind of like a tailspin.

Jericholyte2

This is completely unsubstantiated but I have someone suggesting that Cocaine has been involved.

Has anyone heard anything similar?

Grande

Based on nothing at all, but I think it all spun out of control from an episode where He and Rashford took mushrooms and Sancho was convinced he was a frog, ironical since he had been jokingly refering to Malacia as ‘froglegs’ in training and called Varane ‘frogeater’ on the club Christmas party when he wouldn’t eat the Yorkshire pudding in an attempt to show himself as a patriotic Lancastrian. After the psychotic episode, he still was paranoid about Varane eating him in the dressing room, and eventually stopped training completely because he thought Ten Hag was possessed by a toad. Erik duely sent him to his brothers frog farm in Enschede to fatten him up and get a good price for him in January. When Rashford was caought sneeking a frog suit into the team bus this morning for a show of solidarity with Jadon, intending to take the knee in all green costume before kick off, Ten Hag obviously benched him for ‘internal disciplinary reasons’. But the truth will out!

NB: I must stress that there is no actual evidence that Raphael Varane has in fact consumed several previous team mates in the dressing room, at leat not in Thousand Island dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.