5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

You can still see he's lacking some sharpness but he honestly blows Antony out of the water in creativity.

The things Antony is supposedly good at on the ball, Sancho is at least a level above. His passes are actually threatening and progressive and most importantly get us in to the opponents box.

He linked with the striker and fullback in a way none of our wide players have this season.

His talent has always been outstanding to me its just his physical limitations and inner fight that have been the question marks. I really hope EtH can unlock him fully as he really is a gem.

Malone_Post

Lovely cameo from the lad, looked sharp and wanted the ball constantly. If we were going to get a winner it looked like it would come from him. The goal will do him the world of good too. Should start on the weekend.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Great to see him do well and get on the score sheet on top of that. Hopefully he starts on Sunday.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He was terrific. Him and Shaw combined so well too. He was out too long so I doubt he will start the next game. I think ETH will continue to bring him in slowly.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm working every fecking Wednesday evening these days so have missed loads of our games recently but I take it he was a shining positive tonight? If he's ready to get back to his best that's great news for us at this stage of the season. It's a cliche but he's like a new signing given he's been completely out of ten Hag's plans.

Zetrio2002

Great to see that Sancho is back! His performance was tremendous today actually!

TheRedHearted

Antony is still learning and adds to add more to his attacking skills.

I agree about the CF, hopefully that's covered in summer.
He’s definitely not there I agree but as an option he has stuff to offer. If this was the last couple of years I wouldn’t imagine our staff to develop him at all, but now I do. I got faith in Erik to fine tune him

justboy68

Sounds very encouraging from him tonight and great to see him on the scoresheet. Hopefully he can really kick on now and deliver on his promise.

criticalanalysis

You can still see he's lacking some sharpness but he honestly blows Antony out of the water in creativity.

The things Antony is supposedly good at on the ball, Sancho is at least a level above. His passes are actually threatening and progressive and most importantly get us in to the opponents box.

He linked with the striker and fullback in a way none of our wide players have this season.

His talent has always been outstanding to me its just his physical limitations and inner fight that have been the question marks. I really hope EtH can unlock him fully as he really is a gem.
He was good but let's not over and under state things here. Sancho came on as pretty much the most physically fresh player in the team (of the whole season due to his extended hiatus) against a slightly tiring Leeds team and was able to link up with Rashford and Shaw on the left side, arguably our two best players in those tight pockets of space.

Antony and Sancho both have their use cases but let's not start praising/criticising each so definitively as it'll be a boom/bust cycle.

Sancho is very capable of making an impact and being an impact player but unfortunately, based on his time here, he's not really shown that kind of form. Although he has all the opportunity to do that from now till the end of the season, it's better you manage your expectations.

Cloud7

Looked quite good today. We desperately need him to hit form for the rest of the season.

meamth

I’m not a fan and I think he is a bad footballer with nice touches. Being a footballer for me encompasses more than the pretty little touches. Funnily I’ve only ever watched him play once for us and think, oh! there might be something here. This was in that game recently when he was brought on as a CAM.

Generally I don’t tend to warm up to players like him anyway. I don’t expect him to prove me wrong because it’s his game I just don’t like.
A bad footballer cannot have England caps and performing well in German top division.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
A bad footballer cannot have England caps and performing well in German top division.
You’re not trying to change my opinion on this. I’ve seen some tasty sort with England caps and one of my favourite players was Jancker.

RuudTom83

Nice time to come on…2 nil down really helps focus the mind.

Went at a tiring Leeds backline and had great success.

Good performance on his road back to full match fitness.

NoPace

I'm working every fecking Wednesday evening these days so have missed loads of our games recently but I take it he was a shining positive tonight? If he's ready to get back to his best that's great news for us at this stage of the season. It's a cliche but he's like a new signing given he's been completely out of ten Hag's plans.
Yeah, he linked up nicely with Rashford and Shaw on his side and damn near won the game with a clever horizontal pass on the ground when most players just take a low percentage shot, but Bruno's shot was blocked.

He still didn't look like beating anyone on the dribble, but when he had the ball out left, he was finding anyone near him who actually moved. And he showed some tenacity to bundle in the goal. He might benefit from us looking a bit more 4-3-3 in attack with the LCM on his side (Sabitzer or Eriksen) free to make runs past him and Bruno playing a tad deeper than he normally does on the opposite wing.

croadyman

Best he has looked in a Utd shirt for while,could argue he should have come on earlier

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You can see why he was absolutely killing assist records for Dortmund. He’s insanely clever in the final third. The passes he was pulling off today, man
He was unique in that regard for a wide forward. Whereas nowadays they’re all pace and shooting, Sanchi’s ability to pick a pass set him apart and that’s exactly why he was one of europes best goal creators.

It’s also being a huge player in the Pl is all down to whether he develops his physical side as technically he’s too good to struggle. He can hurt you in too many ways - if he sorts out those things.

croadyman

He was unique in that regard for a wide forward. Whereas nowadays they’re all pace and shooting, Sanchi’s ability to pick a pass set him apart and that’s exactly why he was one of europes best goal creators.

It’s also being a huge player in the Pl is all down to whether he develops his physical side as technically he’s too good to struggle. He can hurt you in too many ways - if he sorts out those things.
Start him on Sunday or not?

Pronewbie

Peep
Didn't watch the game but glad that he did well. May not be politically right to say this now but when watching the highlights I grimaced at the goal celebration at 2-2. I get the relief and emotions but no more of that when we need a win.

croadyman

Didn't watch the game but glad that he did well. May not be politically right to say this now but when watching the highlights I grimaced at the goal celebration at 2-2. I get the relief and emotions but no more of that when we need a win.
Understandable emotions,has been a tough last few months. He is not gonna race to get ball out of net like Rashford yet

MUFC OK

Good signs. Looked dangerous and link up was good. The sort of level you'd expect from him every week, even though he isn't going to score every game.

wangyu

I didn’t see a huge difference with his usual performance, not that he was bad but he is a pass and move type of player and not exactly the dribbler we really need. Glad he is back though. I think we should play with Rashford up top for the remainder of the season so Sancho can take the left.
It was a decent cameo, we need him hard

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Good signs, good cameo. Will need him against Barca and Newcastle.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Really not after other people's efforts,think Erik is kicking himself not making that change at HT
It's a bit different when starting or as a sub. I just think that he needs to build in fitness and up to speed. But he probably start, giving that Garnacho wasn't really impressive.

croadyman

It's a bit different when starting or as a sub. I just think that he needs to build in fitness and up to speed. But he probably start, giving that Garnacho wasn't really impressive.
Garnacho definitely not a starter

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Hard to feel any confidence after tonight
We are definitely light in the midfield and striker positions but with some small tweaks we should be winning that game yesterday. I'm just concerned about the energy levels. 2 derbies back to back followed by a two legged tie against Barca with a cup final in between. The team we play in the final has a weeks rest before playing us as well.

croadyman

We are definitely light in the midfield and striker positions but with some small tweaks we should be winning that game yesterday. I'm just concerned about the energy levels. 2 derbies back to back followed by a two legged tie against Barca with a cup final in between. The team we play in the final has a weeks rest before playing us as well.
Hopefully he can build on that performance on Sunday because it's most promising I have seen him since signing.

I think we need out of Europa League so can fully focus on the top 4 and FA Cup. Cannot have much more of these multiple game weeks.

Scottynaldinho

You could see defenders moving away from him which gave him a chance to enter their box constantly. He's the only baller in this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.