View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
His pace and acceleration, as well as his ball control is just sublime. That's not even mentioning his clinicality (IT'S A WORD RIGHT?) in front of goal.

If we bring him up right, he can be the complete striker in no time.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The 4th was almost as good as the 1st, amazing touch to control the ball and then fantastic balance and speed to get in front of the defender and then touch the ball past the keeper with a feather touch.

Raw

Don't want him to go on loan to some club who'll injure/bench him. Keep him at United and give him games, he's ready.

Redo91

I'm 100% sure he played a friendly 2 or 3 days after the team left for Us. Definitely not injured.
See my post above. A broken finger was considered an injury last time I checked! :p I might be wrong here but I think he also picked up a separate injury towards the end of last season so that may have been another reason for him not going on the tour.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I'm 100% sure he played a friendly 2 or 3 days after the team left for Us. Definitely not injured.
Broken finger and they wanted to keep him at Carrington with no-contact training. People at the first match vs. Bray said he looked uncomfortable.

No he didn't. He didn't even go to America. He did take part in a few reserve friendlies but according to those who saw them he didn't look match fit.
I'd imagine he meant the reserve tour.

SambaBoy

Anyone think he is similar to Hernandez? Both goal poachers who like to play on the last man, both clinical infront of goal although Hernandez less so last season and both good in the air.

Wilson's all round game seems slightly better in that he can dribble past his man. A loan move should be arranged for him to test himself week in, week out against top sides as he's outgrown the reserves now and he won't get much game time this season. RvP is 31 now, so we should be developing Wilson to take his place when that day comes.

REJE

I think he needs to replace Hernandez, we already have two of the best strikers in the world that will score more than enough for us.. Going from his recent performances he would really benefit from playing with the first team, a loan isn't an option in my opinion because he needs to get used to the system we're currently playing.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I love his fourth, the way he just shrugs the defender off is brilliant.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Anyone think he is similar to Hernandez? Both goal poachers who like to play on the last man, both clinical infront of goal although Hernandez less so last season and both good in the air.

Wilson's all round game seems slightly better in that he can dribble past his man. A loan move should be arranged for him to test himself week in, week out against top sides as he's outgrown the reserves now and he won't get much game time this season. RvP is 31 now, so we should be developing Wilson to take his place when that day comes.
He has the movement and finishing of Hernandez but has a much more rounded game. Can score from anywhere, take players on effortlessly and has strength as well as pace. He has the potential to be a complete striker.

limerickcitykid

Not at all imo. Wilson has great long shots and generally has a great shot which I don't think Hernandez has. Hernandez is a good finisher but I'd liken Wilson's shooting more to RvP than Hernandz. Calling Wilson a goal poacher is a great disservice too as I think he is quite good at link-up play and as you point to he has fantastic at dribbling past defenders.

Chicha should be sold and Wilson take the fourth spot. For the first half of the season give him cup games, sub appearances and the odd start against weaker opposition. In January assess how much playing time he is getting and maybe send him on loan for the remainder of the season. By then he'll have build up a strong reputation throughout the league and clubs will be begging for him with promises of game time.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
"The ball has its own energy or life force, if you will. Its natural environment is in the hole. Why don’t you send him home? His bags are packed. He has his plane ticket. Bring him to the airport. Send him home. Send him home."

- from Happy Gilmore.

He most certainly knows how to send that ball home.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He looks like a man taking the piss in a under 14's match. He's got to be in our squad this season, if Kagawa and Chicha are sold there will be plenty of game time for him.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I hope Van Gaal is watching :drool:

Video of his third and fourth? Or were they not that special compared to #1 and #2?
LvG is completely aware of Wilson, he included his name in one of his recent interviews when reeling off the strikers he has at the club.

FromTheBench

LvG is completely aware of Wilson, he included his name in one of his recent interviews when reeling off the strikers he has at the club.
He did ?

Included Will Keane IIRC. And mentioned Powell along with Januzaj, Fellaini and RVP in his last interview in terms of those not on tour.

He'll be aware of him for sure anyway, as will his staff but not seen him fully yet.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Just like Raham Sterling, who was exceptional at this level, I believe James Wilson can also make the same transition and be amongst the brightest up and coming talent in football. I love having Hernandez in the team just because of his attitude and poacher trait, but we need to start implementing Wilson in the first team, as such I would not mind if Hernandez leaves and Wilson becomes our 4th or 5th striker in this 1-3-5-2 system.

limerickcitykid

Just like Raham Sterling, who was exceptional at this level, I believe James Wilson can also make the same transition and be amongst the brightest up and coming talent. I love having Hernandez in the team just because of his attitude and poacher trait, but we need to start implementing Wilson in the first team, as such I would not mind if Hernandez leaves and Wilson becomes our 4th or 5th striker in this 1-3-5-2 system.
What is hell in this? Why do people put a 1 for the keeper? It's not like we're going to play 2 keepers are we?

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He did ?

Included Will Keane IIRC. And mentioned Powell along with Januzaj, Fellaini and RVP in his last interview in terms of those not on tour.

He'll be aware of him for sure anyway, as will his staff but not seen him fully yet.
Definitely mentioned Wilson as a player he is aware of and and will be looking at.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What is hell in this? Why do people put a 1 for the keeper? It's not like we're going to play 2 keepers are we?
van Gaal says it (often says 1-4-3-3 in his interviews) so now it's cool to do so.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He has that great ability to run at pace with the ball, I would say hard to find amongst our players. I guess Januzaj does that the best. Very good trait for a striker.
And I don’t mean running at straight line (Valencia-esque) of course.

Sam

He really does look exciting. You don't want to get ahead of yourself, but I really hope he makes it.