2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

LonelyFire

Can’t see it myself, I reckon he will start with RVP and continue to give minutes to Falcao at the expense of Wilson. I think LVG has handled Wilson very well so far, he has immense talent and it’s only a matter of time until he will be a permanent fixture in the team. I reckon he is seen as RVPs replacement, quite an achievement if he manages it.
You're forgetting Rooney was hobbling at the end.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Are you Ajax fan? Are you happy with Milik? He's a big prospect here in Poland, he obviously won't reach Lewandowski's level but he could become a handy striker for our national team. His international record is actually much better than Lewandowski's.
He can certainly reach that level, he is one of the biggest striker prospects and is quite far for his age and his position, he has the abilities, and he has similar style. He is fast, strong, smart, good in the build/hold up, has a great left foot and also has skills/technique, can also head the ball well, he is a very complete striker and with the right steps, I dont know why he couldnt reach that level. It's hard to predict with young strikers tho, Balo, Welbz, Guidetti, Pato would all be world class strikers at the moment..... While nobody knew Lewa, Falcao, Suarez, Cavani when they were 20.

Mark_GrumpyLion

He can certainly reach that level, he is one of the biggest striker prospects and is quite far for his age and his position, he has the abilities, and he has similar style. He is fast, strong, smart, good in the build/hold up, has a great left foot and also has skills/technique, can also head the ball well, he is a very complete striker and with the right steps, I dont know why he couldnt reach that level. It's hard to predict with young strikers tho, Balo, Welbz, Guidetti, Pato would all be world class strikers at the moment..... While nobody knew Lewa, Falcao, Suarez, Cavani when they were 20.
Very true. I have to admit that I rate him quite highly and really want him to do well at Ajax, which he's doing so far. Let's hope they can sign him for the 1 million I've been hearing and see him grow for a few years. But, Zikovich is waiting in the wings as well, very talented for his 18 years.

But, this thread is about Wilson, so we should get back to that. I'm hoping to see him start or play, but with Falcao back and RvP back in LvG's good graces, it seems bleak. Not to mention the dead leg.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
big night for him. Will be harder to get starts when Falcao is fully fit.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The midfield that played on Saturday needs a striker like him, as there was no penetrators in it, or runners ahead of it.

Now there is someone for them to hit with quick movement. Wish him the best tonight. Will probably come off injured after 8 minutes knowing us (and knowing Stoke for that matter! ).

Sam

Really excited to see this lad again, apparently LVG said he had planned for Wilson to play a role on Satruday but couldn't because of illness.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Big chance for him. A cold, Tuesday night against Stoke and that...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Big night for him, I have a feeling he's going to be electric.

Ekeke

Obviously RVP is a rival for a starting spot, but I think RVP leading the line will help Wilson a lot. He can go and get involved while RVP continues his disciplined role of being on the shoulder of the last defender and stretching the opposing team and also holding up the ball to bring others into play.

If Wilson was asked to do that role himself against veteran CBs I expect he'd be less effective

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
This only further shows LVG's confidence in Wilson. Big night for the lad. Good luck

Anderson18

The reason why I think selling Welbeck was the right choice. We knew that Welbeck was never going to be more than a squad player for a top club, but I think Wilson could develop into something special, or atleast on the level that Welbeck is right now.

Always exciting to see a highly touted youngster starting.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Do you guys think that if Fergie was in the same position as LVG right now, Wilson would be given a go like this?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
"He's got the best standing jump I've ever seen"

Jev

Not really grabbing the chance yet unfortunately. Hope we'll see Falcao early in the second half.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not really grabbing the chance yet unfortunately. Hope we'll see Falcao early in the second half.
I'm sure that's the plan. Wilson is getting minutes because Falcao isn't 100% match fit yet. Today should be the last time we see Wilson for a while.

FromTheBench

He's pressed well and tracked back both wings well.

Also should have had a penalty.

The strikers aren't getting much service tho and RVP refuses to link with anyone these days.

Blackwidow

Looking very lightweight out there so far. A boy against men.
That is not the problem. (against the EPL defenders sneakiness and smartness is more successful than body is... - he does not look like he will have that body in the future so he has to develop other abilities...) But he looks lost as he seems to be eager but his positioning is not that great and a bit clueless - atleast in this minutes of the match that I have seen.

He tries to press - but it is somehow not coordinated.

FromTheBench

That is not the problem. But he looks lost as he seems to be eager but his positioning is not that great and a bit clueless - atleast in this minutes of the match that I have seen.

He tries to press - but it is somehow not coordinated.
Herrera and him have pressed well as a combination few times. RVP doesn't that much tho. He is covering for Fellaini and Mata when they go forward as well so gets bit deep at times.

Problem is in this formation you need both strikers linking up but RVP is a total solo act these days. The other guy has to just spoonfeed him.