2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Didn't really threaten them in terms of attack, but one thing I did like is how he charged after Sterling after they cleared one of our corners. He caught him as well!
I noticed that, not many players could run down sterling like that.

FromTheBench

He worked very hard tracking back and defensively today.

Most of the occasions in transitions he was behind Mata and RVP both.

I think that's why he was played ahead of Falcao. Almost a self sacrificing role at times.

Was quiet in the attacking sense though.

FromTheBench

From what I can see, the players just don't give it to him - when they do, they play it miles ahead of him and he can't get to it. Not great a great game but it don't think he can't be blamed too much.
Yeah, Rooney and RVP particularly ignore him when he pulls into space around the box.

Sylar

He will have better performances once he has a supply line that can pass to our own players more than 4 yards away. Not much service, but made sense as to why he started, helped put pressure high up. Good to see him start and put in a good shift without actually having a chance (think he pretty much created one for himself second half which he blazed wide)

Acole9

Outstanding
He worked hard for the team. He'll be hoping to be involved more up top but that'll come with time.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
That's true, so please do tell if you have.
Just look up some of the goals he's scored and you'll see he's far more than a speed-merchant. It's not without reason that basically anyone who follows our youth team (ex-pros included, such as the Neville brothers) have very high hopes for him. At U21-level he carries the ball very well, is a clinical finisher and just a very intelligent striker. Scores all sort of goals. He's basically the whole packet and he "just" need to translate that into senior football, but he just turned 19 so there's plenty of time for him.

Jev

Just look up some of the goals he's scored and you'll see he's far more than a speed-merchant. It's not without reason that basically anyone who follows our youth team (ex-pros included, such as the Neville brothers) have very high hopes for him. At U21-level he carries the ball very well, is a clinical finisher and just a very intelligent striker. Scores all sort of goals. He's basically the whole packet and he "just" need to translate that into senior football, but he just turned 19 so there's plenty of time for him.
Cool, I guess he just needs to find his feet with the grownups then. Pogba didn't look like a world-beater in his first-team cameos either. Good to hear.

Ringo 07

He didn't do much today apart from running around a lot and trying to win back possesion. But he looks like a player in the making but still a long way to go

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's about two years off imo. Needs to be brought along slowly and would probably do well with a loan at some point.

Kakeru

My favorite moment of him today was following a missed corner by us. When Liverpool went on the counterattack, he beat everyone on speed to get back in a defensive position to support Carrick, which tells me that he's no ordinary forward. Of course he was quiet on the attacking front, but that time will come when we have better service from midfield. It won't be long before he finds his groove, I'm very confident about it.

He had the sort of game you'd expect from a young striker feeding off scraps. He's not experienced enough to impose himself on the game in the way RVP can and we gave him no goalscoring chances, but he still ran his socks off.

Probably my second favourite moment (after the offside goal, of course) was how he caught up to Sterling like he was stood still. How we miss that sort of pace.

Swaters16

I agree he looked a little bit nervous (shock, right) and maybe a little bit out of his depth at the moment. I have really high hopes for the lad and he can play a part but he really can't do much without proper service.

izec

could have had his goal today if Rooney saw him/ wouldnt be so selfish after Evans gifted Sterling a chance. Rooney just had to pass it across instead of shooting with his left foot straight at the goalie.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he just wasn't getting the service he's used to, so grew a bit frustrated, but a mature performance in the sense, he did he's duties on the pitch. Would of liked to have a bit more impact going forward, but was always an outlet.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He's about two years off imo. Needs to be brought along slowly and would probably do well with a loan at some point.
My view also. Bags of potential but not ready for regular first team outings. Would much rather see Falcao getting his chance now and hopefully taking it.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I would like to see him up top with Carrick in midfield. Our midfield was incapable of providing any service into the flanks yesterday, it didn't really at all - probably should have been an impact sub.

Jammydodger7

My view also. Bags of potential but not ready for regular first team outings. Would much rather see Falcao getting his chance now and hopefully taking it.
Hopefully as soon as Falcao is 100% fit we can send him out on loan, they would certainly be a lot of takers!

jem

I thought he had some nice touches in the first half, but I don't really remember much from the second half.

Godfather

Should be scoring as a striker shouldnt he.
Good play overall but that doesnt cut it for me.

Ekeke

I thought he did extremely well, just didnt have the clear chances he'd have hoped for. Almost all of our attacks in the first half came from a good touch, pass or piece of holdup play from Wilson and he drew a booking and a freekick in a dangerous position too.

Unfortunately the rest of our attacking players werent so bright today and the likes of Rooney and Falcao brokedown moves after good pieces of play from Wilson

kps88

Thought this was the best he's done in a long time. Deservedly stayed on instead of Falcao.

Devil may care

Showed strength and awareness on the ball, actually had a first touch that didn't span 20 yards and laid it off well on several occasions, could have gotten on the score sheet had Di Maria slipped it to him in the box when him and Herrera played the one-two near the end but Di Maria chose to shoot instead. I really can't see how people can be so harsh on a player who just turned 19 and was playing with zero service from a midfield trio that had all the fluidity and flair of a fecking Lada.

khoazany

Can we just sort out the formation and the lack of service first before playing him?It's painful to see him being used like this.Would actually affect his confidence as well.Even the world class striker Falcao looks off in this setup.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I gave him my MOTM today and was surprised to see him with only 4%. I suppose Herrera and di Maria being neck and neck shows most people base their vote on who scored.

For his overall performance and contributions over the course of the 90, I definitely think Wilson deserved it though. I really can't think of an incident where he wasted possession or failed to hold up the ball. Normally he did well with the ball, beating his man impressively a few times and creating plenty of space for others if not. On top of all that he never stops making runs and closing the opposition down when they're in possession, forcing them to give away the ball. Certainly offered a lot more than Falcao today anyway.

Gannicus

Played alright when he was given the ball, but could do with some time in the under 21s to get back in the rhythm of scoring goals
Pretty much this.

I like what I see in Wilson but this level (season overall) is just a bit out of reach for him right now.

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Best game in a while. Looked the liveliest player and held the ball up and wriggled space away from defenders quite impressively on a number of occasions. Very promising.

Until Di Maria came on, his pace was a real refreshment, amongst quite a lot of crossing from both sides.

JoaquinJoaquin

I gave him my MOTM today and was surprised to see him with only 4%. I suppose Herrera and di Maria being neck and neck shows most people base their vote on who scored.

For his overall performance and contributions over the course of the 90, I definitely think Wilson deserved it though. I really can't think of an incident where he wasted possession or failed to hold up the ball. Normally he did well with the ball, beating his man impressively a few times and creating plenty of space for others if not. On top of all that he never stops making runs and closing the opposition down when they're in possession, forcing them to give away the ball. Certainly offered a lot more than Falcao today anyway.
Not really, was the fact they were simply better then Wilson was.

Wilson played well for the first half an hour and then faded into nothing, much like all of his other games so far at senior level. I just struggle to see what he brings to the table apart from pace, Welbeck and even Macheda looked better in there first few senior games then Wilson thus far.