2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

m1y2

he would start games but still RVP is safe shot with a lot of pressuer on van Gaal to start picking points. But his movement is great . we could create much bigger variety of chances for him than RVP who only slows the game down.. Wilson makes good runs and should be utilized more freuently

DarkXaero

I like him, and he's definitely an exciting talent, but he hasn't been really involved in any of his first team appearances this season. Granted, a lot of these appearances have come in tough situations, but I feel like he could do more to get himself involved in the game (better build up and hold up play)

FromTheBench

Had some pretty good touches today.

Made some sharp runs too but particularly Rvp and ROONey did not feed him.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
he would start games but still RVP is safe shot with a lot of pressuer on van Gaal to start picking points. But his movement is great . we could create much bigger variety of chances for him than RVP who only slows the game down.. Wilson makes good runs and should be utilized more freuently
I don't totally agree with this train of thought though. I think a lot of the supporters would give him a little leeway if they felt he was going with the spirit of the club in picking youth over experience.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't totally agree with this train of thought though. I think a lot of the supporters would give him a little leeway if they felt he was going with the spirit of the club in picking youth over experience.
You can't have youth absolutely everywhere... We already had three 19 year olds who started the game today, which isn't a very common at all.

acrebo

I think he's getting the right a pint of game time at the moment to be honest. He's having to work hard for his chances and is gradually gaining confidence and starting to fit into the squad mindset.

Didn't learn a great deal today other than his movement is good and he's bloody quick. I like the fact he's a natural finisher but also good with the ball at his feet and players to beat.

rio's upper lip

I don't get the "hype" around this lad, tbh. He's probably a decent talent who has impressed LvG & co. in training, but whenever he's been on he hasn't really shown anything out of the ordinary. Service to our strikers has been shit lately though. He probably suffers a bit since the attack isn't clicking at the moment.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't get the "hype" around this lad, tbh. He's probably a decent talent who has impressed LvG & co. in training, but whenever he's been on he hasn't really shown anything out of the ordinary. Service to our strikers has been shit lately though. He probably suffers a bit since the attack isn't clicking at the moment.
"Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Mahatma Gandhi quotes from BrainyQuote.com. :)

What do you want him to show exactly? If you watch the youth, you would know he can be quiet. It depends how the team plays but look the truth is the truth. Don't matter if it's a lonely place lol. Once chances fall to him, then you'll probably get it.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's getting game time. Might not getting any good balls as the teams isn't creating anything but that just gives him time to focus on the other parts of his game. At least there's no extra pressure on him. Managed to get out of tight spots well and he's quick.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
You can't have youth absolutely everywhere... We already had three 19 year olds who started the game today, which isn't a very common at all.
I think you kind of missed the context of my post (with regards to the post I was responding to).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think you kind of missed the context of my post (with regards to the post I was responding to).
You meant that there would be less pressure on him to get results if he followed our traditions in giving youth a chance no? I don't agree that the spirit of the club is just going for youth over experience, it's giving youth the chances they deserve of course but there's always been a mix of both. You said there would be less pressure on him, but that's exactly what he is doing, right? Putting another 18 year old on the pitch wouldn't really change that.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
You meant that there would be less pressure on him to get results if he followed our traditions in giving youth a chance no? I don't agree that the spirit of the club is just going for youth over experience, it's giving youth the chances they deserve of course but there's always been a mix of both. You said there would be less pressure on him, but that's exactly what he is doing, right? Putting another 18 year old on the pitch wouldn't really change that.
I was responding to a post which suggested LVG was perhaps picking RVP as a safe option (despite his lack of goals) due to pressure and maybe wanting to have the most experienced players out there despite their performances. My point was that if LVG was to pick Wilson over RVP I could see that giving LVG points with the supporters as it would show guts. Also, I don't think it would be a huge downgrade right now to be honest. Wilson looks like he is raring to go and RVP is struggling at the moment. I hope Wilson gets his chances.

Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
A million and one times better than RVP when he came on.showed better movement and actually can run unlike RVP.

Deserves a start in our next game against hull at OT and RVP should be benched as he was totally ineffective again.

Reactions: KM

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A million and one times better than RVP when he came on.showed better movement and actually can run unlike RVP.

Deserves a start in our next game against hull at OT and RVP should be benched as he was totally ineffective again.
Seconded. Showed more about himself in 15 minutes than RvP did in 75.

Jaxa

For his pace he's dangerous to the opposition, RVP has to be dropped next game until he shows he deserves to start because Wilson has looked better in his limited minutes he has been given

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's got danger written all over him. Every time he gets on the ball you can see the defenders just aren't confortable. They don't know enough about him, don't know what he's likely to do. He's got pace to burn and nearly got away from Ox with the ball at the end and the sooner he starts centrally the better. Especially with Di Maria and Rooney supporting him, about time we had pace on the counter.

Sam

Please stop throwing him onto the wing, he looks fantastic up top, I just want to see him there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Actually did more with his first touch than what RVP did in the previous 75 minutes.

Truedevil

Can't wait for him to grab his first goal this season. I hope he doesn't put himself under pressure by not scoring on his cameos.

Ryan7

I'd definitely start him against Hull. Would love to see him in a full game.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
For his pace he's dangerous to the opposition, RVP has to be dropped next game until he shows he deserves to start because Wilson has looked better in his limited minutes he has been given
No he hasn't. RVP should be dropped but not for Wilson. Wilson hasn't shown much. He's like a slightly clumsy Welbeck outside the box. Better inside the box where he hasn't gotten anything to work with.

Tarrou

Was really happy that LVG chose to bring him on. You could see Arsenal were vulnerable on the break so it made sense to bring on another quick player. Wilson worked hard and did well today.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
snow even if what you said was remotely true, it's easier to start games then to come off the bench. Wilson had a fair few touches and showed good composure. If Falcao is still Injured, play Wilson. Btw what you said I disagree with.

khoazany

No he hasn't. RVP should be dropped but not for Wilson. Wilson hasn't shown much. He's like a slightly clumsy Welbeck outside the box. Better inside the box where he hasn't gotten anything to work with.
Stop being a WUM.

For those who need to be reminded he wasn't even played on his position today.

Raw

He's got pace hasn't he?

Would love him to start against Hull up front with Rooney. RVP seriously needs to get dropped already.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That turn of pace. Would love to see him start next game.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Given Falcao's unavailability, Wilson should get more playing time. His pace makes a real difference. Will open up spaces for Rooney and ADM.

Sam

He really really needs to start the next game. It was quite shocking just how much better he was then RVP.

SirAF

Ageist
Bollocks :lol: