View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Van Gaal clearly rates him in tight games, his pace, dribbling and work rate helps a lot against tired defences. Came on against city, Chelsea, arsenal, and Everton so far. He hasn't really had a chance so far to actually get a goal, but he's getting more and more involved and could've had a chance for a goal if Di maria just weighed that one pass better.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You saying Welbeck is bad on the ball? I really rate Welbeck's game outside the box. You think Wilson is better?
Wilson is better at running with the ball at pace and going past players IMO. Also seems more purposeful with the ball usually, while welbeck is at his best for linking up and doing one -twos.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Wilson is better at running with the ball at pace and going past players IMO. Also seems more purposeful with the ball usually, while welbeck is at his best for linking up and doing one -twos.
Wilson did that one turn in one game. Besides that he's been hesitant with the ball. Not a close control dribbler. I think he's very similar to Welbeck in many ways but I don't remember Welbeck being that comfortable as his age. I'm comparing Wilson to present Welbeck, not them at the same age. If you compare Wilson to Welbeck five years ago he might be better than him in most aspects. I just can't remember well what DW was like when he started. Less games

Mickson

We are badly in need of some pace in our team, and starting Wilson instead of RvP against Hull would be a good start. Hard to find a place for Herrera right now though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wilson did that one turn in one game. Besides that he's been hesitant with the ball. Not a close control dribbler. I think he's very similar to Welbeck in many ways but I don't remember Welbeck being that comfortable as his age. I'm comparing Wilson to present Welbeck, not them at the same age. If you compare Wilson to Welbeck five years ago he might be better than him in most aspects. I just can't remember well what DW was like when he started. Less games
Welbeck's always been a good dribbler. What are you talking about?

Edit- ah it's Snow.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Welbeck's always been a good dribbler. What are you talking about?

Edit- ah it's Snow.
I haven't said anything different. I just said I don't remember what he was like at the beginning. Some people took it as offence when I compared Wilson's play to Welbeck's, which I rate. I've always maintained that. Just think Welbeck is poor inside the box and will never improve that area of his game.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Yeh, Mata is the far more important one. Nothing needs to change with Wilson.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He hasn't done anything to warrant starting and certainly shouldn't be playing just because Van Persie is on the wane. If RvP and Falcao are out, Rooney should be lead striker with the likes of Mata and Di Maria behind him, in front of Carrick, Herrera, and Fellaini.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
----------Carrick
Herrera----------Di Maria
-----------Mata
Rooney-----------Wilson
No doubt there is a place for Wilson to start in place of RVP (when Falcao isn't fit) but it's not going to stunt his development or anything if he keeps going the way he is for now. Mata is the one who needs to be playing.

Ibi Dreams

He hasn't done anything to warrant starting and certainly shouldn't be playing just because Van Persie is on the wane. If RvP and Falcao are out, Rooney should be lead striker with the likes of Mata and Di Maria behind him, in front of Carrick, Herrera, and Fellaini.
RVP isn't out - he's fit to play, but he's been pretty useless all season. It's not a case of Wilson doing anything to warrant a place, more a case of RVP doing nothing of note. I'm up for Rooney playing striker too, but if we don't do that then I see no reason not to play Wilson. RVP has offered us virtually nothing so far, Wilson would at least give us some pace up front and he's a very good finisher too. I think he played well against Arsenal, I can't see what RVP offers us right now that Wilson doesn't also

Raoul

Admin
Staff
RVP isn't out - he's fit to play, but he's been pretty useless all season. It's not a case of Wilson doing anything to warrant a place, more a case of RVP doing nothing of note. I'm up for Rooney playing striker too, but if we don't do that then I see no reason not to play Wilson. RVP has offered us virtually nothing so far, Wilson would at least give us some pace up front and he's a very good finisher too. I think he played well against Arsenal, I can't see what RVP offers us right now that Wilson doesn't also
Wilson hasn't actually done much and shouldn't (imo) be put in the lineup just because RvP is currently cack. A more appropriate solution should be Rooney alone as striker (his best role imo) with Mata and Di Maria wreaking havoc behind him, which would then allow us to have a 3 man midfield of Carrick, Herrera, and Fellaini.

MDFC Manager

Wilson hasn't actually done much and shouldn't (imo) be put in the lineup just because RvP is currently cack. A more appropriate solution should be Rooney alone as striker (his best role imo) with Mata and Di Maria wreaking havoc behind him, which would then allow us to have a 3 man midfield of Carrick, Herrera, and Fellaini.
Spot on. That would work like a treat IMO. Rooney would score a bucket load

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I thought Fletcher had picked up some serious pace when he burned past Chambers... Oh that's Wilson.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
His distribution looked good when he came on too, not superb but good nonetheless. This is a positive sign, one of my biggest concerns was that because of the position he is in within the squad, majority of game time would be impact sub stuff when we need a goal and therefore he'd be pigeon-holed into the Hernandez poacher role and his team work and general play would suffer.

Getsme

Actually he doesn't. But Mata does.
I'd start Rooney up front with Mata as 10, no idea why he hasn't tried it. Saying that I'm interested to see what Wilson can do when he gets 90minutes under LVG.

Gopher Brown

That doesn't appear to be an option though, he wants two strikers. I'd rather put Wilson in for a game to see what he can do in van Persie's place.

XdanielredX

He's been tearing it up in the under 21s.

Has also had impressive cameos every time he has come on as a substitute and looked more lively than RVP in those cameos.

With Falcao being injured and RVP horrendously out of form, what more does he need to do to warrant a starting chance?

If those don't warrant it, then how do players get their chance?

khoazany

Of course we can revert to one striker formation but if LVG wants to use two strikers, Wilson should be given a chance.It's as simple as that.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Of course we can revert to one striker formation but if LVG wants to use two strikers, Wilson should be given a chance.It's as simple as that.
Hold on, if we're playing two strikers it should be Rooney and Falcao (as soon as he's fit) surely?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looked bright here and there the few times he was involved. Hope he starts a home game against average position soon.

In Rainbows

I'm sure he's picked up a yard or so of pace since last season. Don't remember him being this fast the few times I watched him during 13/14.

:lol: This!
He was really fast last season. That's part of the reason why he was able to score goals while dribbling from 40 yards out.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Mata will probably feature having missed the Arsenal game but let's just not go down the road of him not deserving it as that isn't as simple as what he does when he comes onto games. That chance where RVP and Di Maria cocked up with Maria getting offside - I've no doubt the kid would have got a shot off because he would have just run and run. He's shown in a few games his composure. He's shown he's willing to be the same player (for the first team) for the most part with his running. His movement and direct play will come in handy. He also showed against MK Dons, he can rise above other players playing shite as he and Pereira took responsibility. So there are things but if we're too sensible then yes Mata must play and I hope he does.

Mister_Stubbs

Very good cameo appearance. He's pass to Di Maria just after coming on was superb and he's pace, directness and willingness to run at the opposition is very promising. He deserves a start against Hull in my opinion.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
A goal in the last few games would have been immense for his confidence, but he must be brimming with it as it is. LvG got rid of Welbeck to accommodate him and hasn't been afraid to throw him on in big games with the result still in the balance. That's a helluva show of faith in the guy and I don't imagine we'll have to wait too long to reap the rewards.

Now LvG needs to take his gamble a bit further and start him at RvP's expense.

Drainy

He's only played 83 minutes across 5 games. Better than nothing but it's hardly fair to say he's being given a proper chance to stake a claim.

He's at least looked positive and a threat in his cameos. The pass out to Di Maria when he came on was very good, and he's a made a few good dribbles.

Dante

Average bang
Is he the least nervous person in the world? If he had gone into business instead of football, he'd probably go on to run a massive corporation or something. Mighty impressive for such a young lad.