View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Loublaze

ATLien
Macheda came into a team which actualy created chances and played fast attacking football, at the moment we play shite, even Falcao/RVP look clueless at the moment, what do you expect from a 19 year old then?
This is what i've been saying all along. I have faith in the kid, but in the same token even though its not entirely his fault his lack of goals makes you wonder whether he was more worthy of this chance in the first team under LVG than Chicharito and even Welbeck. Where Welbeck lacked in finishing he provided more workrate, linkup play and created chances.

In Rainbows

This is what i've been saying all along. I have faith in the kid, but in the same token even though its not entirely his fault his lack of goals makes you wonder whether he was more worthy of this chance in the first team under LVG than Chicharito and even Welbeck. Where Welbeck lacked in finishing he provided more workrate, linkup play and created chances.
He's more worthy of playing time because he has more talent than those two players. I didn't think he was currently the better player over those two. With Rooney, RVP, and Falcao there was no point in keeping the other two despite them being better strikers currently. Wilson is at an age where you can give him left over minutes to develop where as you can't do that with Chicharito and Welbeck. Both would be unhappy. The strikers we currently have allow for United to not only display results in the present, but also the future.

It's as simple as that. Wilson makes more sense to have as a 4th striker over Chich and Welbeck. Potential, age, and the ability of the 3 other strikers has everything to do with that decision.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's more worthy of playing time because he has more talent than those two players. I didn't think he was currently the better player over those two. With Rooney, RVP, and Falcao there was no point in keeping the other two despite them being better strikers currently. Wilson is at an age where you can give him left over minutes to develop where as you can't do that with Chicharito and Welbeck. Both would be unhappy. The strikers we currently have allow for United to not only display results in the present, but also the future.

It's as simple as that. Wilson makes more sense to have as a 4th striker over Chich and Welbeck. Potential, age, and the ability of the 3 other strikers has everything to do with that decision.
It's yet to be seen if he has more talent than both these players imo. The boy obviously has talent though no doubt but right now Welbeck would be doing more in a United shirt than Wilson.

In Rainbows

It's yet to be seen if he has more talent than both these players imo. The boy obviously has talent though no doubt but right now Welbeck would be doing more in a United shirt than Wilson.
Welbeck would definitely be doing more because he's currently the better player. I still rate Wilson's potential more though. I'm more impressed with Wilson's finishing. I've seen Wilson dribble half the length of the pitch and score goals. He has great technique for striking a football and his speed with the ball is impressive. Welbeck has superior technique, but it's used in a way to link up the play. I rarely saw it used to directly hurt the opposition. It was always used to help bring the ball out if United were facing a superior possession team like Bayern last season, partly because our team was so bad when getting pressured. Welbeck just didn't fill me with confidence in the final third with him slipping in critical moments or messing up simple finishes.

He's 19. He's figuring out to get himself involved because the defenders are bigger, faster, and read the game much better compared to youth defenders. It's a step up in terms of quickness of thought. Once he figures that out you will see him be much more dangerous.

I can't stress enough that he's not like Chicharito who is a poacher. He can score all types of goals that we didn't see from Chicharito and his technique is certainly better than Chicha's. That's not to say he's entirely independent of service. He certainly does need it, but not more than Chicharito.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Welbeck would definitely be doing more because he's currently the better player. I still rate Wilson's potential more though. I'm more impressed with Wilson's finishing. I've seen Wilson dribble half the length of the pitch and score goals. He has great technique for striking a football and his speed with the ball is impressive. Welbeck has superior technique, but it's used in a way to link up the play. I rarely saw it used to directly hurt the opposition. It was always used to help bring the ball out if United were facing a superior possession team like Bayern last season, partly because our team was so bad when getting pressured. Welbeck just didn't fill me with confidence in the final third with him slipping in critical moments or messing up simple finishes.

He's 19. He's figuring out to get himself involved because the defenders are bigger, faster, and read the game much better compared to youth defenders. It's a step up in terms of quickness of thought. Once he figures that out you will see him be much more dangerous.

I agree with your points with Danny also but can't help thinking we made a blunder letting him go. I really rate him highly, out the box he is brilliant and if his finishing clicks (he needed a run up top) what a player Arsenal will have. Regarding Wilson I can't argue with anything you say as the boy has talent. It would have been good to see both them together alongside Adnan as there is nothing better than a good homegrown one of our own playing.

LeftyBlaster

Sorry I'm going to break the flow here.

IMO Welbeck's a far better player than Wilson, age difference notwithstanding. The type of pace they provide is vastly. Wilson's "pace" is far more limited than Welbeck's. He's no faster than Welbeck is with the ball, may be a better finisher, but is vastly inferior in terms of helping the tempo of link up and passing play. These are attributes that can be explained without taking into account age difference because they showcase very subjective skillsets.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

IMO Welbeck's a far better player than Wilson, age difference notwithstanding. The type of pace they provide is vastly. Wilson's "pace" is far more limited than Welbeck's. He's no faster than Welbeck is with the ball, may be a better finisher, but is vastly inferior in terms of helping the tempo of link up and passing play. These are attributes that can be explained without taking into account age difference because they showcase very subjective skillsets.
All very true but I'm not sure why you would want to ignore the age difference. Wilson will improve, just as Welbeck did.

Also, Wilson is a far more direct player than Welbeck is and more selfish as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'd like to see us try him as a right inside forward in a 4-3-3 with a focus on pace.

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Rojo - Shaw
Herrera - Carrick - Blind
Wilson - Rooney - Di Maria
He'd be excellent playing from that channel pulling in snapping shots away like he does. Rooney leads the line well and loves to counter attack and Di Maria, while I prefer him in midfield can play from deep in that role and really excel with two pacey players to attack alongside him in Rooney and Wilson.

Herrera, Carrick and Blind can take care of the possession and defensive side of things. It has a lot more penentration than what we currently play.

In Rainbows

The difference between Wilson and Welbeck's dribbling is that Wilson can do it faster with open space. Players can't catch up to Wilson with the ball where as they would with Welbeck. This is a great quality to have for counter attacking. Welbeck on the other hand is better technically so he can dribble out of pressured situations that Wilson couldn't.

With Wilson you can expect Schneiderlin would never be able to make that tackle.

LeftyBlaster

All very true but I'm not sure why you would want to ignore the age difference. Wilson will improve, just as Welbeck did.

Also, Wilson is a far more direct player than Welbeck is and more selfish as well.
I kinda get where you're coming from calling Welbeck more selfish but I actually think the opposite is true. Welbeck is far more a team player now, and was far more than Wilson when he started playing for us.

Red_toad

Having seen both of them develop at United, have to say Wilson has far more pace than Welbeck at the same age. Wilson is lightning fast, Danny was never & still isn't as fast as him. it really is a shame that our team plays so ponderously slow.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Gosh. As soon as that happened you just knew we wouldn't win the game. Rooney was in acres too. Didn't even need to take a touch!
He just has no bloody control of his legs.

He can be so useless at times, Welbeck.

ChrisG11

It's Danny's thought speed on the ball that makes him much pacier than Wilson IMO.
Welbeck is brain dead on the ball lol, he's only ever reactionary. He's got pace and power and that's about that, Wilson will be a better finisher and has much better movement as well. He'll surpass Welbeck by the time he's that age, which won't be hard because Welbeck is massively overrated. Gone to an inferior side with no strikers and has fallen into the exact same position as he was with us. He'll be playing mid table football in a couple of seasons.

LeftyBlaster

Welbeck is brain dead on the ball lol, he's only ever reactionary. He's got pace and power and that's about that, Wilson will be a better finisher and has much better movement as well. He'll surpass Welbeck by the time he's that age, which won't be hard because Welbeck is massively overrated. Gone to an inferior side with no strikers and has fallen into the exact same position as he was with us. He'll be playing mid table football in a couple of seasons.
In the box I'll grant you that, but it terms of linking up play and spotting passes and runs, he's far better than Wilson.

LLMU

Wilson is not bambi on ice if that is the comparison we are talking about. I feel that Wilson has more composure when it comes to putting the ball in the net where else Welbeck seems to try the harder way of putting the ball into the net like chipping the keeper or aiming to the top corner.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Excellent goal.

Seems to be growing in confidence all the time, not that he was particularly lacking it initially anyway.. :)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Very nice finish.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Aside from the goal, he looked nimble in possession today. Good to see.

Rossa

Fantastic finishing, amazing pace - that run down that right win where the defender just gave up is what we like to see - dragging defenders out of position. His first touch also looked much better today.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Wilson's great and it bodes very well Van Gaal likes him. I think everyone who has watched the reserves knows the lad can finish but his work rate and application whenever he's had a chance in the First Team has impressed me a lot too.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
if he continues to take his chances, it does not bode well for the long term futures of one of RVP/Falcao.

really happy to see him make strides this year, long may that continue.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been looking a lot more confident and a lot better as the seasons wore on.. Earlier in the year he wasn't really doing much with his time on the pitch but he's clearly progressed. Good to see.

Mickson

Play him every game. I don't care if we win or lose, I just wan't to see him play every week. Same goes with Januzaj.

Hed Zitin

Every goal is a joy to watch. I would be made up if we could get a striker through the academy to make it. In a way it's the ultimate achievement for an academy.

Played well in general. Took his goal well, made tackles, interceptions, as well as holding the ball up well.

Sam

I love the way he strikes the ball. I noticed in his video of reserve goals he loves just smashing it in.

He generates some power with very little back lift.

gasmanc

Banned
I've reserved judgement on this lad because I wasn't impressed with his decision making early on, greedy bastard was my initial thoughts and they've not really changed. Starting to see just why now, lethal finisher and great build up play overall, needs to work on his positioning with his partner striker but he's a real threat to the front two.

Classical Mechanic

I love the way he strikes the ball. I noticed in his video of reserve goals he loves just smashing it in.

He generates some power with very little back lift.
In the reserves his touch is is often fantastic in tight spaces and finishing from that range is his speciality. Glad to see him finding that range in the first team. Now he needs to do it in the Premier League.

FromTheBench

He needs to improve his strength. Rest of the game will get better with more experience and confidence.

Brightonian

No surprise to see a finish like that (and a good cameo full of pace and desire) for those who've watched him develop. To the doubters questioning why LVG kept playing him, it's because he's the kind of player who is almost certainly exceptional in training (just as he was week-in-week-out for the youth teams), and just needed a bit of game time and some half-decent service to get to grips with the senior game. He's only just 19, remember. It will still take time, but he has plenty.

His talent is terrifying. There's no natural weakness in his game - if we develop him properly, he has the potential to be fast, strong, a superb finisher from range, a clinical poacher, a good header of the ball, a gifted dribbler, and a hard worker with a strong striker's mentality and good attitude. There's a reason people at the club who work with him keep coming out with superlatives about him, just as they did with Januzaj. Unlike the caftards who had decided a week ago that Wilson was shit and Januzaj was never going to make it. :rolleyes: