2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

m1y2

I am actually surprised that he stayed fit for such a long time. Top player if he has injury-free career. Needs to work on his aerial and hold up play. Once he gets it to the reasonable level he will start for us and will not let Van Persie or Falcao take his place. In two years he is certain starter..

jb8521

He needs to improve his strength. Rest of the game will get better with more experience and confidence.
He looks to be building himself up fairly well. Has gained a lot of Muscle in the past 6 months particularly on his legs

Cantona'sCollar

He is deceptively built/strong, I think. He has clearly made huge improvements since his debut (when he scored those 2 goals), though it's been gradual and steady so not so immediately noticeable. I don't know how legitimate it is, but i've heard from several that he has recorded a higher leg press than Rooney, making him #1 at the club. Anyway, the power in his play must come from somewhere - he's clearly been working hard in the gym. Great to see, as combining great physical traits with his skill could prove deadly. He seems to be a natural athlete.

Devil may care

Another good outing, he looks very confident every time he strides on and he took his goal really well, exciting prospect.

marlowe78

He covers a LOT of ground for a striker. That was an impressive runback today that broke up Cambridge's attack.

Dante

Average bang
Still seems weak to me, but you can see he's broad shouldered enough to change that. He'll fill in a bit over the next few years but hopefully not to the point where he's too heavy to accelerate like he does now.

It's weird watching him run at full pelt. It's almost like his legs are so fast that they leave his upper body behind.

Im a bit worried how hes fitting in to the team. I think weve all noticed the other strikers are a bit reluctant to pass to him and today he was off celebrating on his own until Rooney as Captain went over to him. Hes a great talent and if there is anything to this i hope LVG nips it in the bud.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Im a bit worried how hes fitting in to the team. I think weve all noticed the other strikers are a bit reluctant to pass to him and today he was off celebrating on his own until Rooney as Captain went over to him. Hes a great talent and if there is anything to this i hope LVG nips it in the bud.
Christ :lol: All strikers are reluctant to pass - just look up some games RvP and Rooney played together. He scored our third goal in a 3-0 win against a league two side - I think our players are excused for not sprinting to him.

Classical Mechanic

Anyone that has watched Wilson in the reserves knows that he is a far better at running with the ball and at dribbling than Welbeck.

Wilson can go past 5 players at pace and then finish expertly. Welbeck has pretty poor composure and needs instinctive chances to be a goalscorer.

I think that Wilson has looked nervous playing for the first team and his touch has been off somewhat due to that. If Wilson can become confident at senior level then I don't think that there will be any argument as to who is the better player between him and Welbeck.

The Red Thinker

When I look at Wilson, he reminds me a lot of Harry Kane last year. Everyone at Tottenham was raving about the kid, yet his performances on the pitch were inconsistent and he seemed to doubt his actions.

Wilson reminds me a lot of that but when he gets a sight of goal, he instinctively becomes a goalscorer. That's the most promising aspect of Wilson - the boy can score goals. Kane is easily the more well balanced player, but Wilson has the potential to be the more lethal striker.

Kane has considerably bulked up over the past year and that has given him confidence to wade off defenders and run with the ball. Wilson too has put on a bit of muscle, but he can put a whole lot more and when he does, he'll have the power to add to his speed. That's when that boy will really blossom.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Very promising striker - needs to work on a few things - particularly his use of the ball when deep, and getting in the box more often to be fed - he seems to create most of his goals himself at the moment.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Very promising striker - needs to work on a few things - particularly his use of the ball when deep, and getting in the box more often to be fed - he seems to create most of his goals himself at the moment.
I don't know if it's the beer I just had but the way I just read that, it had nothing to do with football.

I have to get my mind out of the gutter.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
:lol:

Also he goes down easily - but some would say that's a good thing.

Ryan7

I was desperate for Wilson to come on. It's about time he was given a run of games. He'd of actually made runs and has pace. Drop Falcao for him, ffs.

Ryan7

I really wish he'd play instead of Falcao. He loses the ball several times in that video, but he actually makes runs and puts pressure on defenders. He also beats men which Falcao rarely seems to do.

pseudo_canadian

Should be up top with Rooney for the rest of the season.

Our two "world class" strikers can rot on the bench for all I care. fecking useless.

Bwuk

He should be given a chance.

He really can't do any worse than Falcao, RvP or Rooney have done lately.

Welbeckham

Given the small amount and high quality of the substitutes, it's not really a surprise he didn't make it to the bench.