2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Dylan94

That's incredibly harsh. The bit where he was too selfish he more or less created for himself and he did brilliantly when Ireland should have been sent off for hacking him down.
2 single moments in the whole game though and he hardly touched the ball at all. He has potential though as I said and I do like him a lot. And if nothing else all his running shows that he's got good energy and desire too which are always great attributes in a player.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Why do some people think he should have passed? Is it because after creating the chance yourself you're not entitled to shoot or was it because the angle was wide? Or was it just cause he missed? Funny how Wilson get's all this stick and Mata didn't against hull. In that position he's entitled to shoot. He was not at an angle but you know what? If he had of passed it, some would moan at him for not shooting - what can you do?

He should have scored. He was right to shoot but it wasn't a miss through indecision and he'll be alright.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very promising stuff. Hull would've been a lot better for him - alongside Rooney at that. Great pace and tidy feet, and as shown from his performances at youth level, he knows where the goal is. Just difficult wrt continuity seeing as Falcao/RvP exist.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why do some people think he should have passed? Is it because after creating change yourself you're not entitled to shoot or was it because the angle was wide? Or was it just cause he missed? Funny how Wilson get's all this stick and Mata didn't against hull. In that position he's entitled to shoot. He was not at an angle but you know what? If he had of passed it, some would moan that him for not shooting - what can you do?
Because RvP was wide open to his left. Wilson was trying a bit too hard to impress.

togg

He's learning...great run out for him and no doubt realises that the difference between the reserves and the first 11 is very very different. However, I thought he really equipped himself well and will no doubt learn from this.

FromTheBench

It was promising but clearly shows a few areas that he needs to work on when playing grown mens football rather than in the reserves
Those are areas that are weak for him in the reserves as well tbf. Needs more strength to begin with.

Anyway, he's type of striker who'll barely be in the game and boom score a spectacular goal. And then become more lethal when the game opens up.

datura

He's learning...great run out for him and no doubt realises that the difference between the reserves and the first 11 is very very different. However, I thought he really equipped himself well and will no doubt learn from this.
I think LvG is using him well. He's getting football at both levels and can see what he needs to improve on. Probably the second most exciting player we have on the counter attack already though. Probably impact sub is is current role.

Striker10

Despite everyone being pleased and getting hyped up with him getting a chance tonight , he did virtually nothing for the entire game apart from run around a lot. Bad decision not to pass to Van Persie and when he took it on himself he should have buried the chance. But, having said all of that: I like him a lot, he clearly has a lot of potential, and I think he has the potential to be great in the future.
There wasn't much space in behind first half certainly. I feel for the forwards because the team ponces about a lot threatening to look forwards only to pass it sideways and back. For all your bs, you could say the same about RVP so what does that tell you?

Striker10

Because RvP was wide open to his left. Wilson was trying a bit too hard to impress.
He was barely at an angle. He has every right to shoot. Make no mistake. He's a striker. He didn't miss because he was in a bad position to shoot. He missed by an inch and that can happen. I'm sorry i'm not getting this trying too hard to impress talk at all. The two chances where he took it upon himself to run with the ball, he got their lad booked and he missed a good chance to score.

I do not remember instances where he was running into blind alleys. I don't remember times he was hogging the ball. It's a nonsense.

Dylan94

There wasn't much space in behind first half certainly. I feel for the forwards because the team ponces about a lot threatening to look forwards only to pass it sideways and back. For all your bs, you could say the same about RVP so what does that tell you?
Why is that bs? He hardly touched the ball all night, made a bad decision not to pass to RvP and should of scored when he took it on himself. RvP didn't do much either granted but was more involved in the game. I'm not saying he played badly but he didn't play well either and your kidding yourself if you say that he did.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
If it was reversed, and he was to take it onto his favoured left foot then fair enough, but taking it on to his right was the wrong decision, in my opinion. Of course, it shows the bravery and confidence of the lad, and that run that resulted in Ireland's booking shows what a threat he can be if he is left space in to which he can accelerate.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He was barely at an angle. He has every right to shoot. Make no mistake. He's a striker. He didn't miss because he was in a bad position to shoot. He missed by an inch and that can happen. I'm sorry i'm not getting this trying too hard to impress talk at all. The two chances where he took it upon himself to run with the ball, he got their lad booked and he missed a good chance to score.
RvP was wide open. He should've passed it to him. That said, can't really blame him after RvP didn't pass to him in the first half. They both cost us two easy goals.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I do not remember instances where he was running into blind alleys. I don't remember times he was hogging the ball. It's a nonsense.
He should have scored but if he did any easy pass to RVP then the game would have been much easier (he nearly cost us)

Ekeke

Those are areas that are weak for him in the reserves as well tbf. Needs more strength to begin with.

Anyway, he's type of striker who'll barely be in the game and boom score a spectacular goal. And then become more lethal when the game opens up.
Imo he tends to have good balance and shrug off some challenges in the reserves. Thats not going to happen against Stoke CBs

Walters_19_MuFc

Showed great energy and had a few good runs. Should have probably passed it to RVP late on but I guess it shows his striker instinct.

AttackingFlair

Impressed with Wilson, I like his powerful runs and he wasn't afraid to use his weaker foot to shoot. Only 19 years of age and will improve a lot working with the top strikers we have in training.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
And yet if he did pass it and Van Persie missed you'd all be on here saying how it was an awful decision to pass and he should of had the confidence to take it on himself.
I'm not so sure. The pass to van Persie was the easy ball and he had a better chance of scoring which is why Wilson's being criticised, but the fact he kept going and took on another man was a good sign all the same. If he can dribble in the Premier League like he can in the reserves - and he's shown glimpses of it - then we're onto a winner here.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He did well, but for me he should have passed so we could get that third goal and close the match, shows inexperience but that comes with being a 19 year old striker. If he had scored okay fine then you won't say anything, but it was clear that RvP would have had a far easier chance than himself. But he is a lad that is very confident in himself and i like that, you need confidence to break into Man Utd's first XI.

Eriku

I'm always shocked when I see him jink past players, doesn't look like he should be that quick and agile.

ZDwyr

His change of pace is very nice. Looks to have good acceleration.

Will Absolute

Unless he scores a lot of goals, he's got to understand that more is required than a few standout moments per game.

Just turned 19 though so he's got all the time in the world.

m1y2

I'm not so sure. The pass to van Persie was the easy ball and he had a better chance of scoring which is why Wilson's being criticised, but the fact he kept going and took on another man was a good sign all the same. If he can dribble in the Premier League like he can in the reserves - and he's shown glimpses of it - then we're onto a winner here.
The defender stepped out quite early and did a good job when defending 2v1... could have passed very early but it was in pace and he did a good think not to lose composure and showed some confidence which is a good signed. I was only disappointed by his finish I expected 95% goal from him in those kind of chances as he is one of the best finishers in the team.. but maybe it was because he didn't have many touches in the game and was working hard for the team closing down players..

I am quite satisfied with his performance.. he showed pace like Januzaj at the start of his senior carrer

RedStarUnited

For all the People that say he should have passed it to RVP - RVP should have squared it to him for that Herrera chance. RVP took so many touches of the ball and finaly decided to lay it to Ander. But he could have squared it to James much much quicker too and James was in a much better position to score.

I hope those two moments have given him a boost actually. I hope they have showed him that he can take on people at his level. He has been keeping it simple in a lot of the matches he has come on.

beardsleybob

I like the fact he can beat a man for pace, as thats what we are missing from our strikers since Saha or a younger Rooney, but tonight he really should have put it on a plate for RVP. I was screaming at the screen for him to pass it. Game over at that point if it goes in