2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

HabeasC

Out of curiosity. Which two of our strikers have best partnership?
I reckon Rooney and Falcao might be a very good combination. Rooney drops deep whereas Falcao will stay as an out and out number nine.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Should've played in RVP but other than that he was good. Has a nice burst of pace.

Phil

Meh to him. He shouldn't be keeping Falcao out of the team. I like how quick he is and how well he closes down though.

FromTheBench

His chance to outperform Van Persie really.
He did outperform Van Persie indeed.

Strange decision to take him off when the game had opened up and his pace was our main outlet on the break.

Also he needs to play as the main number 9 but RVP stayed central today while he was doing leg work behind.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Poor guy can't hit a barn door whilst in the first team.
Nonsense :) He's unlucky not to have scored this season already from the few chances we have made for him but the goals will come.

khoazany

Luckily he created something in the second half, otherwise you would see million posts in this thread about how he is not ready for the first team, how he will be sold to a Championship team after a few years etc (just have to look at the match day thread in the first half).

Striker10

Should've played in RVP but other than that he was good. Has a nice burst of pace.
Mate in the first half for Anders miss, RVP took an age to get the ball in position and if he had of been quicker it would have been an easy tap in for Wilson

Sam

There was enough there to see that the lad has some talent.

His pace and ability to dribble at speed are something we really miss in our 'established' strikers.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Thought he got pushed off the ball far too easily. But he has pace, which is something different to our other strikers.

Kag

I think his skill set is brilliant and he'll score a lot of goals due to his pace. He ended brightly, too. He really should have passed the ball to Van Persie, however. You would assume the game would have been over had he done so.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Awful decision not to pass to van Persie but greed in a striker isn't the worst thing I suppose
We'd be absolutely livid were it not for Young and De Gea's heroics. I was fuming at the time and still am. There can be no room for that shit in a game like that, fair enough if it's a match like the Hull one but they were threatening.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mate in the first half for Anders miss, RVP took an age to get the ball in position and if he had of been quicker it would have been an easy tap in for Wilson
Doesn't change the fact that Wilson should've passed it to RVP.

FromTheBench

He's usually very good in one on ones and at that pace he might not have seen him really. Pretty much he goes head on for goal once he gets going.

On the other hand in the first half RVP was clearly looking across but took ages to not pass to him for a simple tap in.

Striker10

Doesn't change the fact that Wilson should've passed it to RVP.
That's rubbish. Wilson should have scored. Where do you get the idea he should have passed to RVP? He was 18 yards from goal with a great opportunity to shoot. It blows my mind you're trying to make out a striker in that position isn't entitled to shoot. 9/10 he would score that but it wasn't to be. It's completely different to the situation in the first half where Robin took an age to get into position to pass it - so much so he had to pass it back to Ander to sky over.

NinjaFletch

I thought it was an encouraging game.

Looked nervy at the start, struggled to get into it and was perhaps over-awed a little but grew into it, good couple of runs showing his pace and should have bagged a goal.

Nothing to write home about, but encouraging enough for only his second start.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He could've passed to Van Persie but he was well entitled to go for goal himself. He should've scored.

Nice to see someone with a bit of pace playing up top.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He had a quiet first half but it's very encouraging the way he played in the second. Some great shows of pace and confidence. I'm not arsed he didn't pass to RVP, as he could just as easily have finished that himself (or RVP could have just as easily missed) and it shows the lads self-confidence which I think he only found in the second half. Mind you, the whole team was playing better for most of the second half, so that obviously helped.

JP77

Awful decision not to pass to van Persie but greed in a striker isn't the worst thing I suppose
And yet if he did pass it and Van Persie missed you'd all be on here saying how it was an awful decision to pass and he should of had the confidence to take it on himself.

People are so quick to judge and write off players. Inside 45 minutes of one single game the usual people were saying he clearly wasn't ready for the first team. The guy actually played well, had some really good moments in the second half and showed good bursts of speed for his chance on goal and the Ireland foul. No complaints for me.

Dylan94

Despite everyone being pleased and getting hyped up with him getting a chance tonight , he did virtually nothing for the entire game apart from run around a lot. Bad decision not to pass to Van Persie and when he took it on himself he should have buried the chance. But, having said all of that: I like him a lot, he clearly has a lot of potential, and I think he has the potential to be great in the future.

Sam

Nothing wrong with not passing to RVP, he made himself a great chance, which he should have scored.

Ekeke

It was promising but clearly shows a few areas that he needs to work on when playing grown mens football rather than in the reserves

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Despite everyone being pleased and getting hyped up with him getting a chance tonight , he did virtually nothing for the entire game apart from run around a lot. Bad decision not to pass to Van Persie and when he took it on himself he should have buried the chance. But, having said all of that: I like him a lot, he clearly has a lot of potential, and I think he has the potential to be great in the future.
That's incredibly harsh. The bit where he was too selfish he more or less created for himself and he did brilliantly when Ireland should have been sent off for hacking him down.

Devil may care

feck this "Should have passed it" shit, he created the chance and had the confidence to take it on, I want to see that in a striker after RvP's sloth mode malarkey. Wilson was anonymous in the first half but got into it in the second with a couple of really good runs, I wish LvG had left him with Falcao.