View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I would certainly agree that Wilson's ability to poach a goal is very high, something invaluable in a striker. Think of how many more goals Welbeck would have with those skills.

For the sake of clarity I wouldn't call his a poacher though.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'm not being a dick, I was asking a question that's all. Contracts expire in June? What does that mean:lol: Has he signed a new contract and if he has for how long? Is he on similar money to Januzaj now ect. I was wondering if anybody had details instead of vague assumptions. I though people might know in here because I can't seem to find out online, that's all. Work that out? I'm trying to, thanks.
try transfermarkt if you haven't.

khoazany

I'm not being a dick, I was asking a question that's all. Contracts expire in June? What does that mean:lol: Has he signed a new contract and if he has for how long? Is he on similar money to Januzaj now ect. I was wondering if anybody had details instead of vague assumptions. I though people might know in here because I can't seem to find out online, that's all. Work that out? I'm trying to, thanks.
For our U21s player there is usually no public announce for new contract signed.The only way you can figure out is to see whether he's still playing for us or not, and in this case it's obviously a yes.

hebegebe

Yep. Joyce does deserve particular praise because there were plenty of people who simply didn't think he was a capable enough coach when it came to the small technical players, given the preference for a more athletic style which he had shown at times earlier in his career with us. But he's proven that he's always just been about playing the style of football best suited to the abilities of the players at his disposal, and with more and more technically gifted generations coming through, we've been playing more and more technical football. He got plenty of criticism, so he definitely now deserves the corresponding kudos.
It goes further back than that, Welbeck, Wilson and Blackett have all been with the academy since 8 years old, proves the academy system is alive and well from the grassroots youth scouts identifying the talent upwards.

Loony BoB

"Contracts expired in June" = Any contracts that expired this summer will have expired in June, meaning that if Wilson's contract was due to expire this summer, it would have expired in June. Now, I don't know the length of Wilson's contract which he signed in 2014, but if it was just a two year contract then we will have renewed it, otherwise he wouldn't be playing for us. Another likely possibility is that there has been some misreporting and Wilson's contract was never due to expire this season, because the first contract we had with him could have been for longer than a mere two years.

I doubt we will find out of he is on similar money to Januzaj as these kind of details are, to my knowledge, not released to the public.

Acole9

Outstanding
Easily our most exciting striking prospect and the club most not stagnate his progress for the sake of Zaha, Henriquez or Will Keane.

Loon

:lol:
Given the manager's history, I wonder if Wilson will be the first youngster at United Van Gaal will give free reign to?

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Easily our most exciting striking prospect and the club most not stagnate his progress for the sake of Zaha, Henriquez or Will Keane.
I would certainly keep henriquez in the mix. I like the look of him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I get the feeling we fans (and management) have underrated our youth system.

NoPace

Let's make a list.

Points for:
Pogba - Looked very classy and played very well but didn't look heads and shoulders above his best teammates while here
Januzaj - Similar to Pogba, if a bit more impressive for playing out of position a fair amount
Drinkwater - Seems to have properly established himself, being Player of the Season on a promoted team (Leicester)
Welbeck - Good overall player, unlucky to have the competition he does. A player of his production level at CM or LW would be starting for us.
Cleverley - Decent Prem footballer, albeit seemingly regressing. Wasn't a real academy star, beaten out by the immortal future TFC star Richard Eckersley for the Denzil Haroun.
Gibson- Was a star here in the reserves (too long ago?) and while he isn't very good, he can really pass. If he wasn't lazy and callow he'd be a good Prem player.

Points against:
Larnell Cole - Starred here, but not going so well for him
Tunnicliffe - Was one of the better midfielders here, hasn't impressed anywhere else, really
McShane - It was a long time ago, but some scars never go away. We have created him, and must bear the moral responsibility.

Ravel gets his own category?

In Rainbows

Let's make a list.

Points for:
Pogba - Looked very classy and played very well but didn't look heads and shoulders above his best teammates while here
Januzaj - Similar to Pogba, if a bit more impressive for playing out of position a fair amount
Drinkwater - Seems to have properly established himself, being Player of the Season on a promoted team (Leicester)
Welbeck - Good overall player, unlucky to have the competition he does. A player of his production level at CM or LW would be starting for us.
Cleverley - Decent Prem footballer, albeit seemingly regressing. Wasn't a real academy star, beaten out by the immortal future TFC star Richard Eckersley for the Denzil Haroun.
Gibson- Was a star here in the reserves (too long ago?) and while he isn't very good, he can really pass. If he wasn't lazy and callow he'd be a good Prem player.

Points against:
Tunnicliffe - Was one of the better midfielders here, hasn't impressed anywhere else, really
McShane - It was a long time ago, but some scars never go away. We have created him, and must bear the moral responsibility.

Januzaj stood out every match. That's part of the reason why everyone was hyping him up before pre season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think we'll see him play against Valencia.

I'd have absolutely no worries if our striking force next season is RVP, Rooney, Welbeck and Wilson. I think he's ready to be a member of first team squad. Cracking talent.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Let's make a list.

Points for:

Points against:

Do you ever watch youth football??

khoazany

Let's make a list.

Points for:

Points against:

Gibson was in the same batch as Evans,Pique and Rossi.Why did you count the likes of Cole and Tunnicliffe who aren't any more established than Lingard,M.Keane,Lawrence,Daehli,Eikrem,M.James,Josh King or even Fornasier?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
There were loads of spanners on here convinced Tunnicliffe would be the next Roy Keane and who would viciously attempt to put down anyone who suggested otherwise.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
There were loads of spanners on here convinced Tunnicliffe would be the next Roy Keane and who would viciously attempt to put down anyone who suggested otherwise.
Happens a lot when people are desperate for a new midfielder(Tunnicliffe was around United at the time when it seemed Fergie was refusing to sign one)but any who watched more than 10 mins of Tunnicliffe knew he was never going to be close to a player like Keane.

It was more hope than anything eles.

Juan't Mata

I see a lot of people calling for Wilson to be loaned out.

I think he'd learn more bring coached every day by LVG tbh.

Brightonian

No shit. Actually rating our youngsters and youth set-up is like fighting the tide on here sometimes. But the criticism and scepticism almost always comes from people who don't actually watch these kids play, and is best just ignored.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
A ready made replacement for RVP!
Definitely.

Selling Hernandez will be a blessing for Wilson. There's a good chance that Wilson could be on the bench for the first game of the season if Welbeck and Rooney starts, with RVP being injured.

Petr1

Definitely.

Selling Hernandez will be a blessing for Wilson. There's a good chance that Wilson could be on the bench for the first game of the season if Welbeck and Rooney starts, with RVP being injured.
I would certainly approve this. As much as i'd hate to see Chicharito go, he deserves to be a regular at a top club. I think both the club and Chicharito will be better off with Chicharito leaving and Wilson being in the squad as a 4th striker

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

He also needs game time every week, which he aint going to get here this season without Europe. He needs to be challenged more. Thats why loaning him to a Championship side could suit him.

FromTheBench

I'd only consider loaning him to a Prem team with a reliable manager who can be trusted.

Championship won't help him that much tbh, plus he has had injury issues in the past and needs to be protected.

Not sure why we'd want to loan him anyway tbh. We need a 4th striker if Cheech leaves and right now it should be enough game time for him with Carling Cup and Early FA cup starts and Sub appearances.

dutchred

He also needs game time every week, which he aint going to get here this season without Europe. He needs to be challenged more. Thats why loaning him to a Championship side could suit him.
No He'll get kicked around without protection. A Pl side or he stays and learns as the 4th striker. When we had Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Ole they all got enough playing time.
I would love to see him some to Ajax or a good Dutch side. Ajax could do with a good center forward. They are talking to Eto'o at the moment

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I've said plenty of times I'd keep him until January then maybe send him to a PL club depending on how much time we're giving him.

Seen some daily mail articles on him and they're mentioning about sending him on loan to the Championship or League 1. Why would he go to league 1 when we've already turned down offers from a PL club in Burnley?

Hoof the ball

Yeah that's right. Let's loan him to a league that'll kick ten bells out of him, to play for a team that'll present him with limited touches and unlimited aerial battles with oafish centre backs.

That'll be good preparation for playing in a technical based side..... :rolleyes:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
No He'll get kicked around without protection. A Pl side or he stays and learns as the 4th striker. When we had Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Ole they all got enough playing time.
I would love to see him some to Ajax or a good Dutch side. Ajax could do with a good center forward. They are talking to Eto'o at the moment
We have Rooney, RVP, Welbeck and Hernandez. Thats four already. Its going to be hard unless we sell someone. On top of that we have to fit in Januzaj as well. He aint going to be playing wing back. So we will play 4-3-3 from time to time which means only one striker on the pitch and that means even less playing time.

Dante

Average bang
We're playing with 3 up front at the moment. It's a slightly different situation to 1999.

FromTheBench

We have Rooney, RVP, Welbeck and Hernandez. Thats four already. Its going to be hard unless we sell someone. On top of that we have to fit in Januzaj as well. He aint going to be playing wing back. So we will play 4-3-3 from time to time which means only one striker on the pitch and that means even less playing time.
Sell Hernandez. Don't think he wants to stay and be a bench option either given his comments recently.

Give the extra game time to Januzaj up front(Along with being 10 back up) and Wilson depending on situation.

If he isn't still getting game time by January then loan him out. Even playing U21 European league if it takes off right now will only help him along with the training regularly with the first team.

dutchred

I don't think Hernandez will stay.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
No shit. Actually rating our youngsters and youth set-up is like fighting the tide on here sometimes. But the criticism and scepticism almost always comes from people who don't actually watch these kids play, and is best just ignored.
I'm one of those people you're talking about, but I don't think it's a case of over or under-rating our youth players. It's more to do with being sceptical about their chances of making it. Considering some of the highly-rated youth players we've seen leave the club after years of being hyped as the next big thing, I don't think that's a unnatural position to take.

Actually, bringing through young players is one of the things I'm looking forward to under LvG. I can't help but feel that Fergie let himself down a bit with this in his last few seasons.

Brightonian

I'm one of those people you're talking about, but I don't think it's a case of over or under-rating our youth players. It's more to do with being sceptical about their chances of making it. Considering some of the highly-rated youth players we've seen leave the club after years of being hyped as the next big thing, I don't think that's a unnatural position to take.

Actually, bringing through young players is one of the things I'm looking forward to under LvG. I can't help but feel that Fergie let himself down a bit with this in his last few seasons.
So we're talking about Pogba here? How has he not 'made it'? He's a starter at Juve and considered the best young CM in the world. Anyone who didn't rate him has been proven completely wrong.

Note I've never made claims about whether we'd actually bring these players through. Because ultimately that's not about the ability of the players, it's about the manager's decisions. Pogba being a case in point. But it's frustrating to be told again and again that these players simply aren't good enough, and be proven right every time. First Pogba, then Januzaj, and now Wilson. And there are more to come after them.

x42bn6

I think he's at an age where he doesn't have to play 30-40 games a season. As long as he gets enough games for both the Reserves and first-team, he should be fine.

I think it's worth keeping him here until January, then considering a loan if he hasn't had enough games and that situation doesn't look like improving for the rest of the season.