Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
A young academy player that has had to fight his way into the team. By all account we should all be in love with this boy.
But its 2016, and we are Muppets, we want the new shinny toy. In the last three years we have brought in Di Maria, Depay, Martial, Mkhitarian for the wings to add to young and Valencia.However, managers still find themselves picking Lingard because he is effective, Hardworking and actually a very good player.

This reminds me of Sadio Mane. When LVG wanted to buy him, half of the caf lost their collective shits saying he is a mediocre player who isn’t near united level. Now that he is doing his thing at Liverpool, I am sure most of you would take him in a heartbeat.

The same is true for Jesse, put him in Klopps line –up or in a city or Chelsea line-up and most of us would be creaming your pants for him. After all people wanted to kill LVG for missing out on fecking Pedro!

This boy is a good player and he deserves to be where he is, he has earned that right.
HERE HERE!

I knew he'd force Mourinho to take notice. You have to admire his graft. When two managers (and we're talking about proven winners) trust you ahead of higher paid players who were bought to be starters you know you're doing something right and it has to be commended

His industry and pass and move style can be infectious sometimes. He's been involved in much of our most beautiful football recently and even if it's not him making pulling off the magical skill or whatever, his energy just seems to rub off on the players around him. Not always of course, but it's a beautiful thing when it does happen.
It's a thing of beauty when he pulls it off. Its subtle elegance, like his flick to Mata for United's second goal against Leicester and his assist for Pogba's wonderful goal against Fenerbahce

Last edited:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A young academy player that has had to fight his way into the team. By all account we should all be in love with this boy.
But its 2016, and we are Muppets, we want the new shinny toy. In the last three years we have brought in Di Maria, Depay, Martial, Mkhitarian for the wings to add to young and Valencia.However, managers still find themselves picking Lingard because he is effective, Hardworking and actually a very good player.

This reminds me of Sadio Mane. When LVG wanted to buy him, half of the caf lost their collective shits saying he is a mediocre player who isn’t near united level. Now that he is doing his thing at Liverpool, I am sure most of you would take him in a heartbeat.

The same is true for Jesse, put him in Klopps line –up or in a city or Chelsea line-up and most of us would be creaming your pants for him. After all people wanted to kill LVG for missing out on fecking Pedro!

This boy is a good player and he deserves to be where he is, he has earned that right.
Utter rubbish to compare him to Mane! There were loads in favour of buying him just like loads like Lingard. Personally I don't think he is good enough and hope he doesn't start against Arsenal. But you can't say people on here didn't want Mane.

Stacks

Nope. We are football fans, used to having world class wingers and having our rivals set up to worry about us, not us have to worry about them by starting attacking players for their defensive acumen. We just want World Class attackers like everyone else. No one is creaming over Jesse

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is what I would call a tidy player, does everything fairly well but doesn't stand out in anything particularly.

He needs to work on his movement in the box mainly, he ball watches far too much and isn't alert enough to getting in good positions.

If he can improve on that and score more goals from wide areas then great, but his goal/assists aren't quite enough to nail a first time place IMO.

prath92

If anything we really overrate our players. Smalling was thought to be the best PL defender not long ago.
It's not just our players though. Mahrez was a top class talent after last season yet now he has been proven to be vastly out of depth.

Mike09

Nope. We are football fans, used to having world class wingers and having our rivals set up to worry about us, not us have to worry about them by starting attacking players for their defensive acumen. We just want World Class attackers like everyone else. No one is creaming over Jesse
Lingard is supposed to be the backup option. I don't remember people thought Park was a world class when he used to play with us. Neither Fortune. But both of them were needed in our squad. Especially Park has done great job in his career with us.

jojose

Bravo!!!!!!
This isn't the place for sensible posting though mate

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement

Nice paean, yet he's found himself out of match day squad 7 times for 17 games. More or less similar things could have been said about Januzaj, Welbeck or Evans and how did that end? Turbulent times came and non-regulars fell off. I'm not saying this as a person that wants to see Lingard sold, contrarily though gametime must go together with still needed improvement and maturing. The aim for young players shouldn't be only to claim their places in the squad, but to capture regular first team spots. If you're content with playing bit part role you're ultimately not going to make it at a club like United.

Has Lingard forced Mourinho's hand before the Swansea game? Nah, Mata and Rooney were chosen for the wings.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

No they wouldn't. I'm quite confident most would be absolutely slating him.

Stacks

He must be sold if we want to progress. Would never get in the Barca or Madrid squads and they are the level we should be trying to reach
I despise this argument. he is not a 1st teamer. merely a back up to make up the numbers. Remember when Cristiano was bitching because Kovacic and the Real squad wingers weren't world class? yeah, everyone has their Lucas Vasquez's, Denis Suarez's and Alcacer's. No one has quality all through as its expensive. Also every side must have home grown players and I am inclined to say our aren't too bad. They can at least compete at international level.

Mike09

And I am fine with him as a back up
You were basically saying that the reason why people wanted a new shiny toys because you or some people wanted world class wingers because Jesse isn't a world class winger. But then again, no team can have full squad of world class. And now you changed your mind that you agree with me that we can still have a non world class winger like Jesse.

Stacks

You were basically saying that the reason why people wanted a new shiny toys because you or some people wanted world class wingers because Jesse isn't a world class winger. But then again, no team can have full squad of world class. And now you changed your mind that you agree with me that we can still have a non world class winger like Jesse.
No. I am happy with the shiny new toy to start and Jesse to be a squad player. You gave the impression that Lingard is a worthy 1st teamer by naming players better than him and how he seems to get picked.

Loublaze

ATLien
He must be sold if we want to progress. Would never get in the Barca or Madrid squads and they are the level we should be trying to reach
Honestly how old are you or how long have you been watching football? From United's current squad only Pogba would get into a RM or Barca starting lineup. Even back in the days squad players like Park, Nicky Butt, Phil Neville, O'shea, Fletcher etc would not get into RM or Barca's teams at the time. This is a typical type of post you get from people who play FM and FIFA too much

Mike09

No. I am happy with the shiny new toy to start and Jesse to be a squad player. You gave the impression that Lingard is a worthy 1st teamer by naming players better than him and how he seems to get picked.
What's the point trying to sign shiny new toy who cost way more expensive and cost way more wages than Lingard but cannot offer "1st teamer" quality? Should I name one example of our shiny new toy who has yet perform? "Memphis Depay". Even our recent shiny toy has yet to perform to be our "1st teamer" Mkhytaryan.
You get it? All the shiny toys we have signed most of them cost high but perform not better or worse than Lingard.
I never gave impression that Jesse is worthy 1st teamer by naming players better than him. Did I? You either being delusional of what I posted or you have no clue that Park and Fortune weren't our 1st teamer. I named the likes of Park and Fortune were some examples of players who can play in many different position, has the same role in our squad as a backup, and have low wages compared to the other wingers.

NinjaFletch

His finishing really does seem to have improved in front of our eyes since he came into the team.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ruthless.

Was bombarding Feyenord from the start when he came on while Memphis still walking his dog.

Bwuk

Great interplay by all involved for his goal, and a cracking finish.

drdoityourself

Very good tonight. He seems to tick with the team, when the team plays well seems to rise up to that level. When we're struggling he's not the one to look for. But as a squad player he has won me over.

kirk buttercup

Always gives 100% love this kid. if he was playing in the bundasliga or la liga people would be mad to sign him up as a great prospect. keep it up great attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.