5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Only player who can walk off at half time feeling they played at the standard expected at United.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not his biggest fan,but easily our best player so far. Only player who had desire and was looking to make things happen

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is looking one of our more livelier players today.

JoaquinJoaquin

If this is your definition of a great half then no wonder we are out the top 4.
He has been our best player by far. His movement has been excellent and looked like he wanted the ball every time we had it. Believe me I'm a huge critic of the guy but got to give credit where its due to. The reason we are out of the Top 4 is a serious lack of finishing from all of our attackers.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Looks like he cares and wanted the 3 points more than the rest of our team. His attitude is top notch, even if he lacks quality.

Big fan of Jesse personally.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Looks like he cares and wanted the 3 points more than the rest of our team. His attitude is top notch, even if he lacks quality.

Big fan of Jesse personally.
And also despite the lack of quality now, but he's improving, which is very nice see.

Golden Nugget

I'm actually surprised with all his praise - he worked hard and tried to make things happen - but really failed to create a thing against the stubborn West Brom. Martial on the otherhand is getting destroyed, even though he did create some chances (but failed with his finishing/final ball)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm actually surprised with all his praise - he worked hard and tried to make things happen - but really failed to create a thing against the stubborn West Brom. Martial on the otherhand is getting destroyed, even though he did create some chances (but failed with his finishing/final ball)
It's about expectation. We expect Martial as the First Team level, and Lingard as squad player. Big responsibility comes with great expectancy, and all that shit.

facund

I don't think he had a great game by any stretch but he put in a peach of a cross and linked well around the box (even if he didn't make the key pass he was heavily involved in our brighter attacking moments IMO). The criticism of Martial is another matter.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Example of a player who improves at his own pace plus he is actually one of the few who can bang some goals from time to time until we'll finally find some players with a flow.

Rossa

It's all nice and well that he is able to cut inside and provide an outlet, but he nullifies that right side as a threat. When Valencia is having an average game, as he did against West Brom, then we have nothing down that right side. I think Mhikitaryan was bought as a right winger, but he can't go past players, and we need someone that is able to go past a few to create havoc in their defense. Lingard is so much better through the middle, but so is Mhiki.

Golden Nugget

It's about expectation. We expect Martial as the First Team level, and Lingard as squad player. Big responsibility comes with great expectancy, and all that shit.
Yeah thats fair enough - I have the same mindset I guess - but if you go to the Martial thread, there are shouts of him being sold and being worse than Nani... whereas here, Lingard had a good game.

I don't think he had a great game by any stretch but he put in a peach of a cross and linked well around the box (even if he didn't make the key pass he was heavily involved in our brighter attacking moments IMO). The criticism of Martial is another matter.
Aye, I forgot about the cross - annoyed me as everyone just stood still. Martial wasn't great, but I think he's become the scapegoat here.

RedCurry

He was very good today.

I cringe at phrases like "he's limited but..", "despite the lack of talent.." etc. that people feel they need to use even when they are praising Lingard.

If our other attackers played at the same level as he did, we'd walk away with a comfortable win.

TheSweeper

Play the guy behind martial and Rashord as strikers. He actually really looks comfortable in Central areas even though he had a very good first half on the right aswell.

shield

That was pretty good. He did everything I was expecting Martial and Mikhi to do and those two are first team players and trusted more often than Lingard. He was the only one doing any noticeable off the ball movement and I was wondering why Rashford and Martial were not doing this.

We needed players to make runs behind their defenders and he was the only one trying to do this. Not that it helped because Mikhi was having a bad game and Mata, who is one who usually picks out such runs, is out for the season. He was getting visibly frustrated with the lack of movement from other players and faded off a bit towards the end and I don't think that this should be taken as a highlight of his performance yesterday. He was also good in tight spaces because his game is based on link up play and this is what you need to very well in such situations.

Like, I feel that if we had two Lingards out there, we would have won the match, even without Martial, Mikhi or Rashford.

Last edited:

Ashley R1+O

I thought he was quite good today. Promising going forward, he interlinks quite well with our attack and his movement is intelligent.

Godfather

No offence but when he is one of your better performers you know sth is wrong with your squad.

AP88

Supports
Man City
I'm not a fan of his personality and the nonsense he puts on social media, but he's doing what's asked of him when starting centrally; he could be a genuine asset on the right of a midfield three or in a diamond.

He's done an interview recently stating how important LVG was for him and the other young players last season, the confidence he gave them and how certain kids probably wouldn't have been given a look in under someone else, seemingly a thinly veiled dig at Jose.

GM K

Lingard has been better than Rashford and Martial this season.

JoaquinJoaquin

All 3 have been poor overall. That is one of the main reasons we couldn't score in a brothel. We need either better performances from them next season or simply better players if we are to finish higher next season.

TheSweeper

He has been better than all 3 because he is the only one who has been playing in his position consistently. Rashford has been moved from LW to RW now back to CF.

Martial has always been a relatively poor LW & even worse with a striker like Zlatan up front because he can't cross or pass the ball because he simply is a striker.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No he's not, Rashford has had the best season and Martial has played better also although on standards set by themselves Martial is under performing.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He has been better than all 3 because he is the only one who has been playing in his position consistently. Rashford has been moved from LW to RW now back to CF.

Martial has always been a relatively poor LW & even worse with a striker like Zlatan up front because he can't cross or pass the ball because he simply is a striker.
Well, that's not true. He's been played all along the attacking line this season, as well as last, as well as the one before.

GM K

No he's not, Rashford has had the best season and Martial has played better also although on standards set by themselves Martial is under performing.
I think that for some reasons, people just don't fancy
This season, Lingard has played with more heart. He has been more consistent than the other two. He has been more versatile. His movement has been better. His attitude has appeared better. He has scored more (than Rashford at least). And crucially, he has scored the important goals more.

GM K

All 3 have been poor overall. That is one of the main reasons we couldn't score in a brothel. We need either better performances from them next season or simply better players if we are to finish higher next season.
On point.

I think they can be better and they will next season if given chances. They seem to have the potential to shine.

Fans need to be patient. This is the risk you take when you decide to give young lads playing time. You cannot ask for young lads to play regularly on the one hand, while expecting the time to beat all comers easily on the other hand. You need to be patient and give them a gestation period and that may mean not consistently getting great results over a season or two.

Contrary to general opinion, I think that given the circumstances, Jose has given them time to prove their worth on the pitch. Their spaces could have been filled by more established and dangerous attackers but they've been kept in the squad because of their potential and performances last season. Now that they have experienced what it means to be average and to fail, there's a chance that their true values can now be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.