Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OL29

I think that for some reasons, people just don't fancy

This season, Lingard has played with more heart. He has been more consistent than the other two. He has been more versatile. His movement has been better. His attitude has appeared better. He has scored more (than Rashford at least). And crucially, he has scored the important goals more.
Lingard was mostly awful between the community shield and league cup final :houllier:

GM K

So were most of th
Lingard was mostly awful between the community shield and league cup final :houllier:
So were most of the team members.

Lingard hasn't been great but overall, he has been better than the other two in question.

OL29

So were most of th

So were most of the team members.

Lingard hasn't been great but overall, he has been better than the other two in question.
They've all been subpar for me but the others have had better end product so I'd give them the edge.

OL29

Martial 7 goals 257 minutes per goal 6 assists
Rashford 7 goals 260 mins per goal 2 assists
Lingard 5 goals 261 mins per goal 3 assists

Not a lot of difference in end product, really.
Interesting, he's still lagging behind slightly though which is why I'd give the edge to Martial in particularly this season.
Like I said, Martial and Rashford have been really subpar, I just think Lingard's been worse for the majority of the season.

Dante

Average bang
He's a footballing Einstein compared to Rashford and Martial. The numbers don't reflect how much he contributes to the directness/tempo of our passing. He's our only option in the front positions that's capable of it at the moment, since both Mkhitarian and Rooney are playing beneath the levels they should be at.

AndyJ1985

He runs around a lot but ultimately doesn't do much. I suppose that's enough to impress some folk.

dirkey

What game are you watching? He's been as shite as the rest of the attack. Herrera is the only one actually looking competent.
He was decent in the first half of the first half. Went out of it then. Herrera has been bang average.

Robbie Boy

He was decent in the first half of the first half. Went out of it then. Herrera has been bang average.
Not really, he literally looked semi lively for all of 4 minutes at the start. Been dire since. Herrera hasn't been great but defo our best player. That's saying absolutely feck all, though. We've been inept and atrocious once again.

drdoityourself

He flatters to deceive. Finds good pockets and moves all over the place but his instinct is to pass it back too often. Our win ratio with him on the field this season is shocking and that's no coincidence.

dirkey

Not really, he literally looked semi lively for all of 4 minutes at the start. Been dire since. Herrera hasn't been great but defo our best player. That's saying absolutely feck all, though. We've been inept and atrocious once again.
Herrera has had a good shot from distance. And he's hit the bar when he really should have scored. Other than that, he's been poor. Part of a midfield that is getting walked through.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He runs around a lot but ultimately doesn't do much. I suppose that's enough to impress some folk.
But but he opens space for other players. Remember that time in one match when he cleverly run and allowed other player to score? And in another match when he tracked back his full back and tackled him?
Movement without ball is apparently lethal these days.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Weird that he starts and Martial and Mkhi are on the bench. Sure, Lingard was better against West Brom, but there wasn't much in it, as the whole attack was poor. Overall, Mkhi and Martial are better players, regardless of what happened on Saturday.

Would love to see Martial go against their young full back, as they're not doubling and tripling up on the wings like WBA did. A lot of space to get in behind, but nobody is really trying bar a couple of efforts from Rashford. Put Rashford on the otherside and let Martial go at Holgate.

Robbie Boy

Herrera has had a good shot from distance. And he's hit the bar when he really should have scored. Other than that, he's been poor. Part of a midfield that is getting walked through.
Good pass to Young to set up a good chance, only one actually probing forward. Yup agree he's not been great but what I'm saying is he's been the best of a bad bunch and Lingard has been as shite as the rest of that bunch.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Someone teach this fecker to cross a ball.

AndyJ1985

He's a mid table player. Wouldn't be at United if he wasn't from the academy.
That's very true. If he played anywhere else we'd never sign him. Actually, van Gaal bought a lot of dross so we may have signed him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Was poor tonight but I think Rashford was worse. I still think overall if we are to challenge for the league we need better than the likes of him and Rashford starting out wide. Some big changes need to be made in this squad and something has to give.

Al-T

Will be at Chelsea next season and doubtless be a world beater.

Acole9

Outstanding
Mourinho did the right thing starting him but unfortunately he just didn't do enough.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Didn't realise he will be 25 at the end of this year. No longer a youngster and is nothing like good enough to be starting. Get shut in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.