Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I liked him but I think he's being overplayed and he is nowhere near the level of a starter at Manchester United.
Agree with this. Simply not good enough.

Godfather

What is his role when he plays? I'm never quite sure. He runs around quite a lot in the middle of the park.
Doesn't nearly create enough imo.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
His final product was poor last night but he was still more useful than Rashford and looked more dangerous than Mikhi. He's the one looking like he can actually beat his man, at the moment. The final pass is the problem but the others don't even get there. Rashford fails consistently to get pass his marker and Mikhi so rarely even tries to take the responsibility.

M Bison

Supports
York City
One of our better players at the moment (which is sad) deserves to be playing and at least he looks like he might create something, which is more than could be said for Rashers or Zlatan last night.

Robbie Boy

One of our better players at the moment (which is sad) deserves to be playing and at least he looks like he might create something, which is more than could be said for Rashers or Zlatan last night.
Played well against Boro but was just as atrocious as the rest last night. Had an alright 5 minutes at the start of the first half but was gash after that.

Ixion

Would it kill him to cross a ball first time without taking a touch. Not everyone can be Beckham but he needs to try and change things up.

Oldyella

He is playing far too much right now. No issue with him as a squad player getting occasional starts or sub apps but thats about it. Shame as his movement off the ball and short, give and move passing is good, but the rest of his game just doesnt match up.

Reactions: Penna

Alabaster Codify7

WBA level player so in other words should be nothing more than a squad player and fresh legs for 10mins off the bench, maybe starting League CUp games against L1 sides.

It's incredible how little impact he has yet plays ahead of Martial and Mkhi fairly regularly. Jose never used to be one to be a sucker for hard working cloggers, I dont understand it.

Zoo

Ok, just Dele Alli then. Look forward to your take on that.
Spurs will surely have to make him one of their top earners when negotiating his new contract. There will be plenty of clubs willing to pay him top dollar.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
So, Jesse Lingard now being paid more than Dele Alli earns...

His performances better jump up a level or 4 with immediate effect then.

Unbelievable.
Paid the same as Harry Kane and more than Sadio Mane. The two main men for clubs above us in the table :lol:

MadMike

According to the Daily Fail it's 75kpw rising to 100k with CL qualification. Now £100k seems a bit insane for Lingard, but it kinda depends what the standard is for squad players in the team. We do seem to be overpaying though. At Everton he'd be on half the money and unlikely to be in the starting XI there either.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
According to the Daily Fail it's 75kpw rising to 100k with CL qualification. Now £100k seems a bit insane for Lingard, but it kinda depends what the standard is for squad players in the team. We do seem to be overpaying though. At Everton he'd be on half the money and unlikely to be in the starting XI there either.
75k with 25 in bonus for CL qualification seems reasonable.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This thing with lingard sums up our problems last 4 years and why we are miles from the top now fourth season in a row.

It is nice to have money. Great. I am muppet and i enjoy when we spend it. And i am happy when we can offer more then any club. I still remember how we lose hazard or toure because we didn't pay enough.

But you must spend it wisely and i can't believe that we are doing the same mistake again and again.

If you are giving huge contract to squad rotation player you are facing domino effect. Other players who are better than lingard will want improved contracts. Like it is in barca.
Also there is a problem with new signings.
Players and their agents know our salaries so they will want huge salaries.
And at last, you can't sell them. Young and fellaini are here because they have huge contracts.
Schweinie, nani, rvp, cleverley, were sold for peanuts because we gave them huge contracts. Lingard is a mid table player. It is matter of time when jose will learn that. So will wba or palace give him 70k,80k,100k? No. They will offer him maybe 40.
Will jesse take 40k or be bench warmer for 100?

I hoped that all clubs learned their lesson from city. Remember ? They gave huge salaries to average players like adebayor, santa cruz, barry, bellamy.... so they could not sell them. They were on loans until the end of contracts .

My point is that you must have some criteria. With key players be a bully, pay him 200k,300k, 350k, i don't have problem with that.
But 100k for a squad player is ridiculous.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
I liked him but I think he's being overplayed and he is nowhere near the level of a starter at Manchester United.
Who of the current squad DO you regard as the level of starter at Manchester United?
Heard this type of thing a lot on here and it never makes sense to me.
Manchester United atm are not very good in general.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Who of the current squad DO you regard as the level of starter at Manchester United?
Heard this type of thing a lot on here and it never makes sense to me.
Manchester United atm are not very good in general.
Brutally honest..

De Gea and that is about it. If we are viewing United as a top European team which should be competing with likes of Barca.. he's the only truly world class player we have.

Now obviously that is taking it to an extreme but guys who I would like to be part of our starting XI in the future and ones I think can be part of a successful United league campaign if managed correctly are..

DDG, Valencia, Bailly, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial.

I'm taking Zlatan out of the discussion as he is not a long term figure for this club. But in an ideal world those 5 players would be part of a successful side in next two years but when you consider that Mkhi and Martial have such huge question marks over them .. we are in a precarious situation where the number of players who are actually playing really well is probably just Valencia, Herrera and Zlatan. Everyone else is hit and miss.

That is nowhere near good enough for a United side.

Back in 2008, you had the entire defence playing to world class standard and Brown in the form of his life.. Carrick and Scholes were excellent (slightly below par compared to 2006), Ronaldo to world player of the year level, Tevez world class, Rooney solid and guys like Nani and Hargreaves put in some really strong performances when needed.

We are so far away from that standard at the moment.

devips

This is the Lingard performance thread. Moan about his wages in the thread opened for that very purpose.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Brutally honest..

De Gea and that is about it. If we are viewing United as a top European team which should be competing with likes of Barca.. he's the only truly world class player we have.

Now obviously that is taking it to an extreme but guys who I would like to be part of our starting XI in the future and ones I think can be part of a successful United league campaign if managed correctly are..

DDG, Valencia, Bailly, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial.

I'm taking Zlatan out of the discussion as he is not a long term figure for this club. But in an ideal world those 5 players would be part of a successful side in next two years but when you consider that Mkhi and Martial have such huge question marks over them .. we are in a precarious situation where the number of players who are actually playing really well is probably just Valencia, Herrera and Zlatan. Everyone else is hit and miss.

That is nowhere near good enough for a United side.

Back in 2008, you had the entire defence playing to world class standard and Brown in the form of his life.. Carrick and Scholes were excellent (slightly below par compared to 2006), Ronaldo to world player of the year level, Tevez world class, Rooney solid and guys like Nani and Hargreaves put in some really strong performances when needed.

We are so far away from that standard at the moment.
I agree with this, just seems to me Lingard gets a bit more stick on here than some others. Not implying you are guilty of this by the way.
At the end of the day he cost sweet FA and as far as I see is doing a reasonable job all in all.
The problem is as you say we have 6-7 Lingards at least.

Janson

Congrats on the contract, not a first teamer obviously but great to have as a squad player. I also agree with Mourinho that Lingard will still improve.

I agree that he's overpaid, but so are others in the team.

Janson

I agree with this, just seems to me Lingard gets a bit more stick on here than some others. Not implying you are guilty of this by the way.
At the end of the day he cost sweet FA and as far as I see is doing a reasonable job all in all.
The problem is as you say we have 6-7 Lingards at least.
He gets stick because he doesn't dribble, at least that's what I hear constantly from the ones bashing him.

Minimalist

I think if you place high value on movement, then he's an excellent player to have in the side.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A bright half again. Really good close control, goes forward whenever it's possible, finds space in those small pockets. Couple of decent efforts on goal.

Classical Mechanic

I think if you place high value on movement, then he's an excellent player to have in the side.
He just lacks in end product and physicality to make the most of his good work movement wise. Too many players fail to find him when he is in good positions too. He is outperforming Mkhitaryan over the course of the season too and on 50% of the wages :)

PepsiCola

Don't think he's played well enough for it to be deemed a good, or even decent, half.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I don't like the fact we seem to have given him a first 11 contract but that was a decent half.

Status
Not open for further replies.